[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Tim Hightower

monster2333

I think he'll stay in a backup role this season even if he flashes some brilliance... but if it plays out well, then next year he will be the guy to get. Earlier this off-season they were saying that Edge looked fantastic. He's not going to just outright lose his job this season, unless he goes down with a major injury.

I think he'll stay in a backup role this season even if he flashes some brilliance... but if it plays out well, then next year he will be the guy to get. Earlier this off-season they were saying that Edge looked fantastic. He's not going to just outright lose his job this season, unless he goes down with a major injury.

I agree. Unless there is an injury to Edge, its his job for the season. I do agree Hightower will see short yardage and goalline duty, but thats about it for 2008.

From the team reports:

--RB Tim Hightower, the fifth-round pick, has scored touchdowns in each of the three preseason games. He made several nice runs against Oakland last week. While he won't replace Edgerrin James as the starter, Hightower could get 100 or so rushing attempts this year.

Beat writer Kent Somers said on ESPNews Friday that he'd guess Edgerrin James will get two-thirds of the Cardinals' carries this season.

Fantasy Source spin: We project Arizona to run 383 times in 2008. That would give Edge 257 carries :wacko: , way down from the 325 he saw last year. If he maintains his YPC average (3.8), it puts him at 977 yards. He could also lose short-yardage and goal-line carries to Tim Hightower and third-down work to J.J. Arrington.

Beat writer Kent Somers said on ESPNews Friday that he'd guess Edgerrin James will get two-thirds of the Cardinals' carries this season.

Fantasy Source spin: We project Arizona to run 383 times in 2008. That would give Edge 257 carries[:wacko: , way down from the 325 he saw last year. If he maintains his YPC average (3.8), it puts him at 977 yards. He could also lose short-yardage and goal-line carries to Tim Hightower and third-down work to J.J. Arrington.

And with Arrington supposedly fighting for his job, he looked pretty darn good against a normally-somewhat-stout Raider rush D.

I really liked Edge as a value pick as a RB2 this season but with reading all this, I would feel better about him as a flex back, or as my RB2 only if I had a mega-stud RB1.

Edited by darin3

Fantasy Source spin: We project Arizona to run 383 times in 2008. That would give Edge 257 carries :wacko: , way down from the 325 he saw last year. If he maintains his YPC average (3.8), it puts him at 977 yards. He could also lose short-yardage and goal-line carries to Tim Hightower and third-down work to J.J. Arrington.

Wow, don't like to hear that. I guess it's time to start working the trades already...

Well, I say "poor man's Marion Barber (circa 2006)" in terms of the production I think we can expect from Hightower this season, not his overall ability or long-term potential. I don't see him racking up 15 or 16 scores, but I wouldn't be surprised to see 10 or 11 and 600 to 800 yards of total offense.

Edited by tomfin2000

And with Arrington supposedly fighting for his job, he looked pretty darn good against a normally-somewhat-stout Raider rush D.

:wacko:

OAK has spent the last 5 years with a bottom 5 run D, and they don't look to have improved at all for the coming season. Hell, Arrington didn't even feel the need to fall to the ground before he made contact against them.

Well, I say "poor man's Marion Barber (circa 2006) in terms of the production I think we can expect from Hightower this season. I don't see him racking up 15 or 16 scores, but I wouldn't be surprised to see 10 or 11 and 600 to 800 yards of total offense.

I think I was typing when you posted. It wasn't directed at you. Just to the masses in general. But yeah I agree. He could be this years Bettis. That might be pushing it though.

James is 30 years old and has carried the ball over 300 times in each of the last five seasons. That's all I need to know for me to want to get Hightower.

James is 30 years old and has carried the ball over 300 times in each of the last five seasons. That's all I need to know for me to want to get Hightower.

Just when you begin to think that he might be a myth, he surfaces with pearls of profound wisdom...

Well, in one league I have:

Brees

R.Moss

Roy Williams

Portis

Selvin Young

Witten

E. James

as starters

cotchery,fred taylor, chris johnson,felix jones, anthony gonzalez, and chris perry on my bench.

WHO would I drop to pick up hightower? Or is that not a great play at this point?

Brees

R.Moss

Roy Williams

Portis

Selvin Young

Witten

E. James

as starters

cotchery,fred taylor, chris johnson,felix jones, anthony gonzalez, and chris perry on my bench.

WHO would I drop to pick up hightower? Or is that not a great play at this point?

I'd drop Perry. Dude can't stay healthy and having any Bengal RB at this point is ... well scary.

Brees

R.Moss

Roy Williams

Portis

Selvin Young

Witten

E. James

as starters

:wacko: Take that to the advice forum.

:D

OAK has spent the last 5 years with a bottom 5 run D, and they don't look to have improved at all for the coming season. Hell, Arrington didn't even feel the need to fall to the ground before he made contact against them.

You're completely right.... that's what 3 hours of sleep and being on meds will do for you :wacko:

It's their pass D that has been somewhat decent/underrated. Probably due to, as you point out, their run D is so porous.

In any case, Arrington did look rather spry the other night. Not "go out and draft him" spry, but spry nonetheless.