[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

For those of you that didnt draft a rb early

whomper

Anyone think Earnest Graham is a tier 2 quality back, instead of a tier 3? If so, that'd calm me down a bit.

I think Graham will produce #2 numbers. I liked him as an undervalued RB but he got snapped up quickly in my leagues (main local he went mid 3rd round).

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3rd, pick, the advantage was RB first (Purple Jesus) and then 2nd colston, 3rd s. holmes, 4th was usually a TE for me, but he top 3 were gone and I saw T. jones there, 5th I got Reggie Bush (I am in a PPR, wierd to see him that late) and 6th got R. White, 7th Julies Jones (my only draft mistake, other than Hassleback in the 9th maybe)

Um, I guess I'm just having a bit of trouble figuring out what this has to do with the topic at hand. The only way you could have gone RB any sooner was to get one of the 1st two picks in the draft. Where I come from, going RB in the 1st round (with the 3rd pick no less) would not put you in league with "those of you that didn't draft a rb early"

My point was, unless you in picks 1-5, getting an RB in the first round was a bad idea, hi Portis.

I was also just saying, in a PPR league, with the 3rd pick, you could go rb/wr/wr/te/wr/qb/rb and be fine

Well, that sort of assumes that Lynch, Barber, Gore, etc are going to suck. Additionally, it's not like Portis was held to 20 yards Thursday.

Well, that sort of assumes that Lynch, Barber, Gore, etc are going to suck. Additionally, it's not like Portis was held to 20 yards Thursday.

true, the fact that he got 80 yds was impressive, but I expected him to catch some passes in the wco...

not to mention that was the quietest 80 yd performance I've ever seen.....I was shocked that he had more than 50...

3rd, pick, the advantage was RB first (Purple Jesus) and then 2nd colston, 3rd s. holmes, 4th was usually a TE for me, but he top 3 were gone and I saw T. jones there, 5th I got Reggie Bush (I am in a PPR, wierd to see him that late) and 6th got R. White, 7th Julies Jones (my only draft mistake, other than Hassleback in the 9th maybe)

2nd went AP then Edwards and Colston at the turn. Went with Calvin Johnson next

Went with youngsters DeAngelo/Stewart and Ray Rice. TE's are Owen Daniels and Keller.

Went young and hope someone steps up.

2nd went AP then Edwards and Colston at the turn. Went with Calvin Johnson next

Went with youngsters DeAngelo/Stewart and Ray Rice. TE's are Owen Daniels and Keller.

Went young and hope someone steps up.

I find that every year that the RB pool is thin that there are usually 3 or 4 new RB's that come through...

Um, I guess I'm just having a bit of trouble figuring out what this has to do with the topic at hand. The only way you could have gone RB any sooner was to get one of the 1st two picks in the draft. Where I come from, going RB in the 1st round (with the 3rd pick no less) would not put you in league with "those of you that didn't draft a rb early"

:wacko:

Make that drafting 2 RB's early(round 1/round 5 or later), :wacko: At least that's why I chimed in.

In one league I traded my 1st pick and took Steve Smith and Brandon Marshall :D before they were suspended, then Brees. My first RB was Jamal Lewis and now he may not start. :D Ricky in the 9th round may help. There's always next week when Marshall returns.

In the Ladder PeeWee division with the 11th pick and a 3RR draft went Brady, Edwards, Marshall, then T Jones at 4.2 and McGahee at 5.11. Later picks included Lendale White 8.2, Slaton 9.11, A. Hall 11.11, and Brandon Jackson 15.11.

Today, for the first time I can ever remember, I went WR-WR-WR with my first three picks (in the WCOFF draft)--Moss, A Johnson, and S Smith. I'm actually pretty happy with how my RBs turned out, considering I picked my first one in round 4. Ended up with T Jones, K Smith, J Stewart, F Jones, and some other backups, which isn't a world beater but seems pretty solid considering my monster WR depth.

RB depth is just sick this year, so waiting awhile to get your #1 ain't a bad strategy IMO, especially in a PPR league.