[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Tatum Bell

Scourge

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/09/02/...day-in-detroit/

A strange thing happened to running back Rudi Johnson when he visited with the Detroit Lions on Monday.

Someone stole his stuff.

Seriously.

Specifically, and as we’re told by a reliable source (i.e., not the person who told Mort that Joey Harrington had agreed to terms with the Ravens on Monday, or the person who told John Clayton that Todd Bouman had agreed to terms with the Ravens on Tuesday), Johnson left his bags outside CEO Matt Millen’s office while he met with team officials and, ultimately, worked out a deal with the team.

So when Johnson came back to get his bags, they were nowhere to be found. Johnson and Millen were stumped.

Enter the eye in the sky.

The team checked the videotapes generated by the team’s in-house surveillance system, and they quickly identified the culprit.

So who might it have been? None other than Tatum Bell, who lost his gig with the Lions after Rudi arrived.

Per the source, Bell took the bags to the house of a female acquaintance. When confronted on the matter, Bell offered up some cockamamie story that he thought the bags belonged to someone he knew. The girl, however, said that she hadn’t seen Bell in several months and he showed up out of the blue and asked her to keep the bags for a while.

Johnson has retrieved the bags, and it’s our understanding that charges won’t be pressed.

Tatum apparently didn’t know that he was being monitored.

Fortunately, the displaced running back wasn’t Najeh Davenport.

:wacko:

Lions screwed themselves once again, they had a good team with Tatum, now it's only a matter of time once Rudi gets injured. Dumbasses

Are you kidding me!!!!!! they had a good team with Tatum Bell,you must have a man crush on that man because any smart person know he sucked.Did you watch any games he play in when he was a lion?? :wacko:

Now also posted on rotoworld. . .

According to ProFootballTalk.com, Tatum Bell made off with Rudi Johnson's bags Monday while Rudi was in Matt Millen's office.

Seriously. Upon finding the items missing, the Lions checked video surveillance and found Bell doing his best cookie crook impression. Bell took the bags to a female acquaintance and asked her to keep them for awhile. Johnson has since retrieved the bags and charges will not be pressed. No word yet on whether Bell fumbled the leather items as he made his way down the crowded hallway.

Friggin Ha-LARIOUS!

Now also posted on rotoworld. . .

Friggin Ha-LARIOUS!

they are just copying the info straight from PFT....like irish, except they attribute it. doesn't really count as another source. I am still not buying this one bit. I just checked espn to see if they had anything and found this quote:

While considering Detroit's offer, Johnson got some advice from an unlikely source -- Tatum Bell, the player he replaced on the Lions roster.

"When we talked, he didn't know it was going to be him that was going, but Tatum knows this is a business," Johnson said. "He told me all about the city, the players, the coaching staff and even details like practice times and how things are run here."

I do hope it's true because it would just be too damn funny, but the whole story just sounds ridiculously unlikely to me.

apparently those guys at PFT got the drop on everybody, because no one in Detroit is reporting this, at least as far as I can tell.

It seems to me that one of the beat writers would have heard something if this happened.

apparently those guys at PFT got the drop on everybody, because no one in Detroit is reporting this, at least as far as I can tell.

It seems to me that one of the beat writers would have heard something if this happened.

Matt Shephard on WDFN talked about it this morning. Of course, he may have been quoting PFT.

Edited by Puddy

Matt Shephard on WDFN talked about it this morning. Of course, he may have been quoting PFT.

Shephard is hardly a Lions insider, so I'm betting that's the case.

This story is really making the rounds on the innernets. If it isn't true, I hope that Bell sues Florio.