[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

My local league controversy

MrTed46

This is my local league (I am not sure if any of them are on thehuddle) and I enjoy playing with them but this year I am a little upset. For the first time we have implemented a blind bidding waiver system. Now this is the scenario:

Auction finished and I notice Maurice Morris was not taken and I wanted to pick him up. I email the comish about when we can submit bids or pickup free agents, he said once the rosters are in you can start until the beg. of the season then it is every Wed and Sat. I said ok. Now I did not immediately making the move because I was debating dropping Ted Ginn Jr for MoMo. A day later a player drops a handfull of players for a handful of players. No one said anything so I assumed that meant up until the season began we can do unlimited since his 1st email was unclear, which I was ok with. 1 day later another player makes a drop add. Now the next day, I drop Ted Gin JR to pick up MoMo following the article I read on fanball. All of a sudden, the comish reverses my waiver move and says there was a mistake the way he set up the league he did not put in blind bids correctly and other people want MoMo. This angers me because he has seen add/drops being done for a few days and did not reverse theirs immediately AND still not reversed. So this tells me that if I picked up a player no one wanted, I would have him no problems but since people saw I picked up MoMo it is causing a problem. Also, if anyone picked up MoMo before me I would be ok with it since it was as a 1st come 1st serve basis. So EVERYONE had plenty of time to make this move IMO.

I am furious with his decision and I am willing to walk away from the league and ask for my money back. Am I being irrational?

Also, another 2 of my buddies are in the league and they are agreeing with me and are willing to walk away also. They see as being unfair.

I would hate to ruin this local league as my cousin is in it and invited me to it, but this really irritates me to no end. The comish had plenty of days to see he messed up the system because at least 5 players were added and dropped since the auction and to make it worst they still keep those add/drop players AND I emailed him the day after the draft for add/drop rules and he was so damn unclear.

Edited by MrTed46

If it bothers you that much, yes, walk away. I suspect it would bother me too as the Commish set a precedent and is now changing his mind.

Thanks for input. I really feel bad about walking away but I will. Its not even about MoMo its about how the whole entire thing went down. Sloppy.

Unless he goes back and reverses all the free agent moves prior to yours, it is blatantly unfair.

I thought about this, but wha kills me inside is, had I not picked up MoMo, the rules would not change and they would keep their players. Now because I picked up a "hot" player the rules are enforced?

Again, lets say he reverses everyone move which I think he will after I put up a HUGH fuss. But wouldn't it bother you knowing had you not picked up MoMo everything would have been good the way it was done. I dont like the fact that a player being picked up changes stuff around.

Ima call him and make a HUGH fuss soon. Again, it really aint about having MoMo, I am a principle person. Even if a report came out right now that MoMo was hurt and done for season I want him on my roster because thats what I did prior to Thursday game.

Unless he goes back and reverses all the free agent moves prior to yours, it is blatantly unfair.

agree with this, but if he does reverse them all, you have no gripe at all. and if these moves were just adding kickers and that sort of thing, I don't necessarily see that he needs to reverse all of the transactions.

I think a realistic scenario here is it wasn't brought to anyone's attention until someone went to put in a bid on morris and saw he was gone, so he complained to the commish, "hey, you said it was gonna be this way -- I went to go bid on morris and someone else grabbed him for free". I think the commish has no choice but to reverse the transaction and make sure he runs through the blind bid process, the way everyone (you included) understood it would happen in the first place.

Edited by Azazello1313

IMO, you need to reconsider leaving. There's not enough reason to leave (yet). Communicate your feelings to the Commissioner FIRST, ask him to make it "right" or remove all prior transactions and start over. If you leave the league and others follow your going to not only ruin every other owners experience but you will also regret it.

agree with this, but if he does reverse them all, you have no gripe at all. and if these moves were just adding kickers and that sort of thing, I don't necessarily see that he needs to reverse all of the transactions.

I think a realistic scenario here is it wasn't brought to anyone's attention until someone went to put in a bid on morris and saw he was gone, so he complained to the commish, "hey, you said it was gonna be this way -- I went to go bid on morris and someone else grabbed him for free". I think the commish has no choice but to reverse the transaction and make sure he runs through the blind bid process, the way everyone (you included) understood it would happen in the first place.

Had I understood the rules I wouldnt have emailed him the day after the draft for clarification on the rules (and the email didnt help clarify either). And, in the past it was 1st come 1st serve before the season began then we went to waiver system, so its not a stretch to think same thing would apply here. No kickers..a name that I remember was Norwood and a few other WR.

So you would be ok with him if he just reverses everything?

Edited by MrTed46

Did he screw up putting in the blind bids before you grabbed Morris? If that is the case and the players that other people picked up had no bids put in for them then I don't see anything wrong with it. If someone now wants to put i a bid AFTER you grabbed Morris then you have a gripe.

I am a bit unclear from your original post how it all went down???

Agree that the Commish should reverse all trans but only because in a blind bid every player should cost a minimun amoount against your FA cap. (my league uses $25 for a FA cap and once it's gone it's gone!) So if the other owners are allowed free transactions it defeats the purpose.

this is a much better arguement to use on the the commish than just being pissed. :wacko:

Did he screw up putting in the blind bids before you grabbed Morris? If that is the case and the players that other people picked up had no bids put in for them then I don't see anything wrong with it. If someone now wants to put i a bid AFTER you grabbed Morris then you have a gripe.

I am a bit unclear from your original post how it all went down???

Blind bid system was never put in place, instead a 1st come 1st serve system was used (which was the way it was done since inception up until kickoff). I picked up Morris, but he reversed it and said I have to bid on him NEXT week (not even this week).

Agree that the Commish should reverse all trans but only because in a blind bid every player should cost a minimun amoount against your FA cap. (my league uses $25 for a FA cap and once it's gone it's gone!) So if the other owners are allowed free transactions it defeats the purpose.

this is a much better arguement to use on the the commish than just being pissed. :wacko:

The crazy part, there was a minimum of $5 cap on the players that were added and dropped. So he did go ahead and enter a value.

I wouldn't leave. Rather, I would just make it abundantly clear to the commish that he needs to get his crap in order so this sort of thing doesn't happen. At the end of the day, you can still have Morris, it's just that he'll cost you more. Cost you as much as you figured it would if things were being done the way they were supposed to be done. That the other moves went through without a peep implies that those guys likely would have been uncontested anyway. Mind you, I'm not sure how it works if you're the only guy to put in for a player in an auction waiver format.

Thus, the only problem is the fact that the commish got caught with his pants down. It's not an issue of being un-fair, just screwing up.

My local is a hassle because everyone is averse to firm rules. Well, everyone except me. However, every year some stupid hassle not unlike this comes up because everything is so damned loosy goosy. The funny thing is that, invariably, it ends up being a hassle over some player who ends up sucking anyway. Something that's entirely possible with MoMo. Now, I understand that you're not hell bent on having him and say it's a matter of principle. Well, think about why you play this game and rise above. Use this hiccup as a way to strong arm your commish into very clearly clarifying the waiver policy so that this sort of thing doesn't happen again and move on.

I wouldn't leave. Rather, I would just make it abundantly clear to the commish that he needs to get his crap in order so this sort of thing doesn't happen. At the end of the day, you can still have Morris, it's just that he'll cost you more. Cost you as much as you figured it would if things were being done the way they were supposed to be done. That the other moves went through without a peep implies that those guys likely would have been uncontested anyway. Mind you, I'm not sure how it works if you're the only guy to put in for a player in an auction waiver format.

Thus, the only problem is the fact that the commish got caught with his pants down. It's not an issue of being un-fair, just screwing up.

My local is a hassle because everyone is averse to firm rules. Well, everyone except me. However, every year some stupid hassle not unlike this comes up because everything is so damned loosy goosy. The funny thing is that, invariably, it ends up being a hassle over some player who ends up sucking anyway. Something that's entirely possible with MoMo. Now, I understand that you're not hell bent on having him and say it's a matter of principle. Well, think about why you play this game and rise above. Use this hiccup as a way to strong arm your commish into very clearly clarifying the waiver policy so that this sort of thing doesn't happen again and move on.

<bigerniedusch> that makes too much sense, you are wrong you wine sucking homo <bigerniedusch>

:D:wacko:

Had I understood the rules I wouldnt have emailed him the day after the draft for clarification on the rules (and the email didnt help clarify either). And, in the past it was 1st come 1st serve before the season began then we went to waiver system, so its not a stretch to think same thing would apply here. No kickers..a name that I remember was Norwood and a few other WR.

So you would be ok with him if he just reverses everything?

yes. isn't that exactly how he told you it was going to work when you asked him after the draft? any transactions that skirt that should be reversed.

your posts seem to be implying there was some ulterior motive here. I don't know what site your league uses, but I know with MFL, if you go in as commish and do the blind bid waiver set up, it takes care of everything but it doesn't start the first bidding until after week 1. if you want to run waivers before the season, you have to go in and manually set it up to do so, and it's a slightly confusing interface if you haven't done it before. other sites may be similar. chances are pretty good, he meant to set it up one way but actually left a free for all, and he didn't realize it until someone else brought it to his attention saying he wanted to put in a bid on morris. again, what would you have him do in that situation other than reversing all FCFS transactions making sure all players run through the waiver process as originally intended?

Edited by Azazello1313

yes. isn't that exactly how he told you it was going to work when you asked him after the draft? any transactions that skirt that should be reversed.

your posts seem to be implying there was some ulterior motive here. I don't know what site your league uses, but I know with MFL, if you go in as commish and do the blind bid waiver set up, it takes care of everything but it doesn't start the first bidding until after week 1. if you want to run waivers before the season, you have to go in and manually set it up to do so, and it's a slightly confusing interface if you haven't done it before. other sites may be similar. chances are pretty good, he meant to set it up one way but actually left a free for all, and he didn't realize it until someone else brought it to his attention saying he wanted to put in a bid on morris. again, what would you have him do in that situation other than reversing all FCFS transactions making sure all players run through the waiver process as originally intended?

makes sense. thanks for your input. I'm going to request all teams to be restored to original teams and blind bid be put in place. if he refuses this then ima walk. I appreciate all your responses.

Your commish is an idiot. More so, your commish is an idiot with a power trip.

In fact your comish is an power tripping idiot with a biased addenda.

It's laughable what some commishes get away with. Send this punk to a huddler league to run and see how that crap would fly.

Edited by theeohiostate