[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

To my fellow Met fans....

Brooklyn_Rob

I glad Yohan wanted to go to team that would be a contender this year. It will be sweeter if the Twins make the playofffs!!!

When the time came to offer an extension to its ace this off-season, Minnesota did the right thing; it offered Santana a lucrative, by the Twins’ standards, $80 million over four years.

Santana refused.

"Add another year and another $20-plus million and we’ll talk,” was the simplified version of his response.

Whatever happened to loyalty or humility? What ever happened to sticking with an organization that stuck its neck out for you?

I guess checkbooks and “market value” do the talking in baseball, leaving little room for the intangibles that made you.

Edited by Outshined

I glad Yohan wanted to go to team that would be a contender this year. It will be sweeter if the Twins make the playofffs!!!

You mean Johan ( if you're gonna bash the guy, at least spell his name right) acted like every other professional athlete playing in this world, who would of thunk it.

:wacko:

As a Phillies fan, this whole thing is getting too close. Sure the Phils turned it on of late, but losing 2 games in a row now I don't feel so comfortable with their lead over the Mets for the division and Brewers for the wild card.

Edited by TDFFFreak

As a Phillies fan, this whole thing is getting too close. Sure the Phils turned it on of late, but losing 2 games in a row now I don't feel so comfortable with their lead over the Mets for the division and Brewers for the wild card.

You have nothing to worry about. Last night's game was a dagger through the heart. They ARE chokers. A 4 run lead off Big Z, then men on 1st and 3rd with no outs TWICE, then a man on third with NO OUTS in the bottom of the 9th for the win?

This team doesn't deserve to be in the playoffs. And even if they get in, they won't get far. See you in Citi Field, suckers!

Myers was awful last night for Philly. The Mets pen is just horrific. Brewers firing Yost was strange timing. Its a wierd race. I think the Mets are least deserving although i would like to see them get in the most. That pen is too much of a joke and not up to playoff baseball standards.

I think the Phillies finish up with the Nats in Philly which should be a series they win

Yep--it would not surprise me at all if Pujols got screwed again.

Well its either him, Howard -who is batting .242 or Puljos who is on a non-playoff team...

Yeah, my point exactly. Pujols deserves it (dude needs major surgery and is still mashing). Howard could potentially get it, but Delgado literally came out of nowhere to lead the Mets. If the Mets somehow avoid the collapse, I think Delgado gets it. Him getting his hand right was a hugh difference.