[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

So lets say the world economy were to fail.

tbimm

I expected the farming type responses to come from the guys they came from.

That said, what about you city folk? What do you guys see as your survival plan? The cities, in my opinion, are where things would be at there worst.

leave the city. the wife has family in northern mi. i have fam in northern wisco. go to either of those places. weapons would be used mainly for defensive purposes to protect our supplies. energy would be at a premium. gas shortages would be vast. the grid would be gone. u would have to live off the land. this would all be in a major doomsday scenario.

Edited by dmarc117

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man you people are morons.

"I'm gonna be ok on my steel-reinforced ranch with my guns and my ammo, and you city people will be dead".

:wacko:

People flock to where the jobs are in the time of depression. Cities are where all the work will be, and people will be fine... especially if the vast problems would be coupled with a rise in fuel prices, which there almost certainly would be. How are you going to get from your fortified ranch to where the jobs are?

Some of us are talking a little worse scenario than what you are suggesting. If unemployment reaches 25%+ as it did in the great depression, it won't matter how close to the city 25% of the people are or how little fuel they need to get there. I think unemployment could be much worse considering how many more are employed in the service sector - not actually making usable goods. :D

My great grandparents survived the great depression by raising their own food and bartering with their neighbors. :D

I think if the world economy does fail in major fashion, it'll be a lot worse than the great depression. I think it's prudent and even wise to prepare for that possibility.

If unemployment reaches 25%+ as it did in the great depression

In order for unemployment to rise from 6% to 25%, how many jobs would have to be lost? Millions? Tens of millions?

I wonder how many Investment Banker jobs exist in the U.S. right now? :wacko:

I'm sorry, but I only have one passenger seat, and I'm saving it for my wife or a suitable replacement.

How about tying Whomper to the hood and slapping antlers on him?

Or is that just a typical Friday night?

My initial reaction to this post was, wow you scare me... but a second later I was wondering if you might take me in if I make it to Texas after the collapse..

If you can make it to Alpharetta and bring beer you can hangout in my basement. When you approach the driveway have the beer visibly lifted above your head, else you might get shot.

Edited by SuperCharger

Oh yea we would make it. I have plenty of good dirt. Farming, fishing, hunting and plenty of wood for burning.

yup, 400 acres, 120 current head of cattle, and lots of ammo. I am skilled in most everything.