[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Orton....

rocknrobn26

Forte is opening up the passing game as defenses key on him and Orton has responded...This should only mean good things for the Bears offense moving forward...Orton stats the last three games: 800 yards, 7 TD's (2 picks, 2 fumbles)...He is also 13-6 as a starter...

The guy learned a pro-style offense at Purdue and threw for 3,090 yards and 31 TDs in his senior season. Had a decent junior season although he only tossed 15 TDs. He's no Peyton Manning but get the guy some confidence and he can certainly lead this Bear team. I admit, I was not a believer in this Bear team in the preseason but am obviously quite excited at this point.

The guy learned a pro-style offense at Purdue and threw for 3,090 yards and 31 TDs in his senior season. Had a decent junior season although he only tossed 15 TDs. He's no Peyton Manning but get the guy some confidence and he can certainly lead this Bear team. I admit, I was not a believer in this Bear team in the preseason but am obviously quite excited at this point.

Well when your Cubby chubby turtled out on you, what choice do you have? :wacko:

I like Orton. I think something may have clicked and I think he can succeed in the Bears offense. However, I'm not showing he threw for 3000 yards in any season. He had 2809 his senior year and I think he threw for over 500 yards in one game against a horrible Indiana team, maybe skewing that stat a little. I think he was pulled several games his senior year, although he may have been fighting injuries, I'm not sure.

No point to this really, I am just not sure his college career panned out the way people thought it would. There was Heisman hype before his senior year he didnt live up to.

I like Orton. I think something may have clicked and I think he can succeed in the Bears offense. However, I'm not showing he threw for 3000 yards in any season. He had 2809 his senior year and I think he threw for over 500 yards in one game against a horrible Indiana team, maybe skewing that stat a little. I think he was pulled several games his senior year, although he may have been fighting injuries, I'm not sure.

No point to this really, I am just not sure his college career panned out the way people thought it would. There was Heisman hype before his senior year he didnt live up to.

Not to belabor the point, but where are you getting your stats?

On his Pro Football Reference profile page, it says he threw for 3,090 in his senior season (2004).

I don't really recall much of the Heisman hype. Like I mentioned, he only threw 15 scores his junior season and 13 as a sophomore (although he did have a gaudy yardage total in those years).

I do agree, that something may have clicked with him this season... and it could be something as simple as the coaching staff giving him the nod over the (probably) more talented Grossman.

Forte is opening up the passing game as defenses key on him and Orton has responded...This should only mean good things for the Bears offense moving forward...Orton stats the last three games: 800 yards, 7 TD's (2 picks, 2 fumbles)...He is also 13-6 as a starter...

i agree with this

i think Orton has two things that make him a much better QB for Bears than Rex Grossman :

1. He has alot more confidence ...a quiet confidence but a confidence none the less

2. He is not Rex Grossman

i agree with this

i think Orton has two things that make him a much better QB for Bears than Rex Grossman :

1. He has alot more confidence ...a quiet confidence but a confidence none the less

2. He is not Rex Grossman

Or...his play helped open up holes for the running game. I wouldn't say his success is because of someone else. I believe he deserves credit for what he's done without conditions. In my opinion.