[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Movie tonight

Gopher

Several decent "rental" movies in the theater right now, but are any of these worth seeing in the theater? In order of interest:

Body of Lies

Appaloosa

The Express

Eagle Eye

Miracle at St. Anna

Nights in Rodanthe *

*My wife probably wants to see this one, but I think I should be able to convince her to "compromise" on one of the others. She would probably go for any of them, except the Western.

No matter what we see, there is definitely a couple of others that I'll be throwing in the Blockbuster Online queue in a few weeks. :wacko:

Actually got movie night tomorrow night so I'm interested as well...although since she doesn't really like violence I might have to go for something cerebral...

The Express

or....

Nights in Rodanthe :wacko:

Saw Body of Lies last night... It was pretty good. Not great, but good. A little slow at times in the middle of the movie, where I think they could have condensed things a bit, and gotten the same overall result... Still, I'd give it 3 stars (out of 4).

Yup. And from all I've heard, don't see Eagle Eye.

:D some dude at work said it was awesome and a must see.......we've got anniversary dinner and a movie this week....is Eagle Eye that bad ......what Movie out there would be better for my Wifes anniversary :wacko:...... "A Happy Wife is a Happy Life" help please :D

Forget Dickman & Throbbin...it's to much of a tear jerker for me when Holmes says " thanks for warmin her up for me Throbbin"

Edited by nuke'em ttg

Saw Appaloosa Friday night. Always been a sucker for Westerns. I liked it....

I love a good Western too and finally saw this. Ed Harris and Viggo Mortensen were fabulous. I'm not a fan of Renee Zellweger but she was pretty damn good also. Overall I gave it four stars out of five.

:D some dude at work said it was awesome and a must see.......we've got anniversary dinner and a movie this week....is Eagle Eye that bad ......what Movie out there would be better for my Wifes anniversary :wacko:...... "A Happy Wife is a Happy Life" help please :D

Forget Dickman & Throbbin...it's to much of a tear jerker for me when Holmes says " thanks for warmin her up for me Throbbin"

Well, I've only had one buddy see it and he said it sucked - way too implausible to be enjoyable.

FWIW, it got a 28% on Rotten Tomatoes

Wanted to see Burn After Reading with Mrs HR last night and it was already gone. :wacko: Cloony and Pitt and a good looking cast. Any one seen it?

Yes, I saw it. I really enjoyed it, but, I love all of the Coen brothers flicks.

I haven't read much good about it.

saw it last night, I normally LOVE these kinds of flicks - Body of Lies..........not so much

really dissapointing flick - couldn't pay me to have to sit thru it again.

slow, muddled plot - it felt like it was edited horribly and all over the place, and u didn't give a rip about the characters

swing and a miss

saw it last night, I normally LOVE these kinds of flicks - Body of Lies..........not so much

really dissapointing flick - couldn't pay me to have to sit thru it again.

slow, muddled plot - it felt like it was edited horribly and all over the place, and u didn't give a rip about the characters

swing and a miss

Your critique is about exactly how the local movie guy described it.

FWIW, I also have yet to hear much good about Burn After Reading and, honestly, the only thing I've found impressive in the trailers was the cast. It really looks like Pitt is overacting for one.

In the spirit of the "what are you doing to save money" thread, I'm going to be a bit more cautious with my movie choices. Especially since we converted our 2nd bedroom to a TV room this spring and got a hand-me-down Bose theater system to boot. Waiting for DVD makes a bit more sense than it used to.

Quarantine was okay. For those that didn't like Cloverfield's style of first person camera work, you'll dislike this as well.

Once you get past the unrealistic ability of the person holding the camera the entire time, you might like this little horror movie.