[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Dallas acquires ROY WILLIAMS WR

keggerz

Simply put, I'm surprised we got what we did for Roy. That being said, I was kind of sorry to see him go. Roy has alot of talent,potential, something he hasn't been showing the last couple years. Huge difference watching Roy this year, drops, almost lackidasical play compared to when first came here and caught everyhting and ran people over. Most replies I read aren't about bashing the Cowboys or the Lions for making this move. Seems to me most are trying to see or give their opinion if the trade was equal in worth, or who actually got an edge.

Time will tell, if Roy picks his game up, Dallas did well, so did Detroit regardless. If Roy doesn't, plays with no passion, than Detroit gets an edge, Dallas doesn't look so good, once you add in the salary. Time will tell. If my views don't match any Cowboys fan, so be it, doesn't make me a basher or hater. Just my opinion. I don't think we'll see how this trade works out until we see how Detroit does with the draft picks. Not that it matters to Dallas as all they are wanting to see is Roy help, improve their offense. If Roy does great in Dallas, it doesn't matter fi Detroit selects 3 future Hall Of Famers. They got what they wanted.

Couple questions in my mind maybe a Boys fan can answer. Was this done only to help the offense or is there something going on with T.O. as well? If only due to T.O. getting on in age, no problem, understood. Secondly, who does this help the most on the offense? Alot from what I read says T.O., but I'm wondering if Witten isn't actually the guy who benefits the most here. I think they'll still double T.O. unless Roy drastically improves and switch to his side. Either way I'm speculating Witten wins here.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Roy just hit the jackpot. $45 MILLION for 5 years. Thats top 5 WR $$$ and he's never topped 1,000 yards in a season.

Roy Williams and Javon Walker ..... amazing.

This is what is going to cause T.O. to become...well T.O.

I'm not sure what T.O. makes but you can bet he will want more next season now.

While I think we gave up a lot for him, no one knows if we overpaid until the season shakes out. I'm not going to base my opinion by what he did in Sucktroit.

Okay that's it, I have a new most hated Huddlers list.

1) Menudo (previously and perpetually 1)

2) Double Agent (previously didn't know who he was)

3) DMD (for taking away the MVP Challenge, previously 4)

4) Whomper (pushups prowess, previously unranked)

:wacko:

:D

Well played. :D

You know the real reason I'm #1 on your list is that I've proven to be a better Seinfeld expert than a guy named "Puddy" :wacko:

Edited by Menudo

perhaps we can see Roy play along with To and gang before annointing this the best trade since the angels got Nolan Ryan for Jim Fergosi

all signs should point to this trade making Dallas better and more dangerous ...but TO is TO and there are only so many balls that can be thrown around each game ....lets see what happens although most knowledgable football fans would agree getting Roy williams was a great move that should help Dallas

I concur.

Detroit did well, how Dallas comes out of this is yet to be seen, but it should help.

Double Agent was my sleeper pick!

TO = 4-year $34 Million

$34 million contract. The deal contains $13 million guaranteed, including a $12.9 million signing bonus. $100,000 of T.O.'s 2008 salary is guaranteed. 2008: $830,000, 2009: $2.67 million (+ $3.1 million roster bonus), 2010: $7 million, 2011: $7.5 million, 2012: Free Agent. Cap charges: $5.721 million (2008), $8.995 million (2009), $10.725 million (2010), $10.225 million (2011).

Roys deal? $45 million contract. The deal includes $20 million guaranteed. 2008: $574,500, 2009-2013: Under Contract, 2014: Free Agent