[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Dallas acquires ROY WILLIAMS WR

keggerz

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree here. You cant keep single covering Witten and Roy Williams. TO benefits here the most.

Dallas got scarey!

Except for this small matter of Brad Johnson will be the QB

I bet Romo is grinning ear to ear just waiting for the opportunity to get back under center.

I think TO will continue to struggle as he can't get open.

Except for this small matter of Brad Johnson will be the QB

I bet Romo is grinning ear to ear just waiting for the opportunity to get back under center.

I think TO will continue to struggle as he can't get open.

I mean when Romo gets back. BJ doesnt scare anyone.

They may have given up a bit much but as fan and a multi-team Williams owner I like the move. I don't see this hurting Witten at all. In fact, it opens up the field even more. Crayton? Yes, but he's an underachiever anyway. I also don't see it taking much time at all for Dallas to get him significantly involved. You don't make a move like this mid-season and bring the guy along slowly.

TO is reported to be ecstatic about Williams

certainly it can open up things for TO but i would still like to see a few games where Williams out produces TO by a wide margin and see TO's reaction

could be one big happy family yet but want to see how it plays out

:wacko: In the news section on the main site it says Williams becomes a 'must start'... Really???

That's the huddle for you. I guess it was Kitna's fault that Roy Williams can't catch the ball. As a packers fan I'm not happy about the trade. I think Detroit just picked up two very good picks for one of the most over-rated players in the league. Ever since the Lions fired Millen, they've been making good moves. I'm worried that Detroit may very well have a competent GM, and I don't like that with those picks...

Good move for Detroit owners.

As far as Dallas goes, I just don't get it. They're down Newman for 6 weeks, Pacman for hopefully ever, and they were struggling to cover when both those guys played... So instead of attempting to address the defense which has major holes in the secondary, they go out and trade for a receiver...

I also think Roy's personality mixed with those of the Dallas Cowboys is a recipe for disaster. Any ideas that he will come in and be a team first guy are flat out wrong. It doesn't make sense. Well, it does make sense for Jerry Jones, the most wheels off owner in the league.

Oh, and to Sgt. Ryan, and HBTC... I've been driving the Roy Williams sucks bandwagon for years now. It has nothing to do with him now being a

cowboy.

Great move by the Lions !!!! I think the Cowboys gave up way too much, but, it does have potential for them. My take on Roy Williams is that he has tons of talent, but, seems to lack passion and concentration. However, some of that may have had to do with playing for the Lions, but, it still calls into question his character. Like I said, this has the potential to be great for Dallas, as they have another impressive talent on the offensive side of the ball, but, I could also see it being one of those trades that looks good on paper, but, doesn't help on the field (messes up chemistry, etc.) On the Detroit side, why wouldn't they do this ??? They aren't a contender, and they got an extra 1st & 3rd, which could provide great value in their re-building efforts.

Great move by the Lions !!!! I think the Cowboys gave up way too much, but, it does have potential for them. My take on Roy Williams is that he has tons of talent, but, seems to lack passion and concentration. However, some of that may have had to do with playing for the Lions, but, it still calls into question his character.

Roy Williams... Built like Tarzan, plays like a bitch.

Great move by the Lions !!!! I think the Cowboys gave up way too much, but, it does have potential for them. My take on Roy Williams is that he has tons of talent, but, seems to lack passion and concentration. However, some of that may have had to do with playing for the Lions, but, it still calls into question his character. Like I said, this has the potential to be great for Dallas, as they have another impressive talent on the offensive side of the ball, but, I could also see it being one of those trades that looks good on paper, but, doesn't help on the field (messes up chemistry, etc.) On the Detroit side, why wouldn't they do this ??? They aren't a contender, and they got an extra 1st & 3rd, which could provide great value in their re-building efforts.

Randy Moss did too when he played for a dysfunctional team.

That's the huddle for you. I guess it was Kitna's fault that Roy Williams can't catch the ball. As a packers fan I'm not happy about the trade. I think Detroit just picked up two very good picks for one of the most over-rated players in the league. Ever since the Lions fired Millen, they've been making good moves. I'm worried that Detroit may very well have a competent GM, and I don't like that with those picks...

Good move for Detroit owners.

As far as Dallas goes, I just don't get it. They're down Newman for 6 weeks, Pacman for hopefully ever, and they were struggling to cover when both those guys played... So instead of attempting to address the defense which has major holes in the secondary, they go out and trade for a receiver...

I also think Roy's personality mixed with those of the Dallas Cowboys is a recipe for disaster. Any ideas that he will come in and be a team first guy are flat out wrong. It doesn't make sense. Well, it does make sense for Jerry Jones, the most wheels off owner in the league.

Oh, and to Sgt. Ryan, and HBTC... I've been driving the Roy Williams sucks bandwagon for years now. It has nothing to do with him now being a

cowboy.

+10 :wacko:

I can't stand the Boys but you have to give props to Jerry Jones for making this deal even though the Boys gave up way too much. He's doing everyhting in his power to win a SB ring and that's more than I can say for 75% of the owners in the NFL. He's the Steinbrenner of football, will spend to no end and will take risk after risk. The only issue I see with Dallas is how well they handle the pressure of having sky high expectations.

With the Dallas offense so loaded, I can't see everyone putting up consistent numbers except Romo. He goes from stud to super stud IMO. How many defenses can match up with TO, Williams, Witten and then Barber and F. Jones on the ground? On top of that, the Boys have a solid O-line. The rich got richer and it's just disgusting. Good luck NFC East. Thank goodness Romo is out 4 weeks

I touched on this in my blog today. I just can't believe that these two will be able to co-exist peacefully in Dallas for an extended period of time. This move stinks of Jerry Jones and I wonder just how mnuch input Wade Phillips had?

Oh and let's not go crazy over Roy Williams yet. It's going to take him at least four weeks before he learns the offense and most likely the rest of the season to become comfortable in it. TO will not have to whine over Roy taking his balls quite yet.