[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Dallas acquires ROY WILLIAMS WR

keggerz

See Randy Moss at Oakland and then at New England.

So, because it worked for Randy Moss, a future hall of famer, it will DEFINITELY work for Roy Williams. That is an airtight argument, you win. :wacko:

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Collin Cowheard show is talking about this right now. The Boys are a relatively young team, except for TO, and Roy gives Romo a playmaking Wr for the next 6 years. A 1st round pick for a player than can immediately step in right now and make them better, during this window the team has a shot at something, is much better than drafting a WR, and rolling those dice. Im liking this more and more,the more I hear and read..

Collin Cowheard show is talking about this right now. The Boys are a relatively young team, except for TO, and Roy gives Romo a playmaking Wr for the next 6 years. A 1st round pick for a player than can immediately step in right now and make them better, during this window the team has a shot at something, is much better than drafting a WR, and rolling those dice. Im liking this more and more,the more I hear and read..

Why do you think Williams is a "playmaking" WR? What has he done recently to lead you to beleive that he is anything more than a marginally above-average WR?

Here are some other WR2's who had Pro Bowl QB's throwing them the ball last season:

Joe Jurivicius - 600 yards/3 TD's

Ike Hilliard - 722/1

Anthony Gonzalez AND Marvin Harrison (stats combined due to Marvin's injury) - 800/4

Donald Driver - 1000/2

With the exception of Wes Welker, I think Crayton's numbers fit right into, or surpass this group. So, yeah, that guy.

Gonzalez was a rookie #3 WR thrown into a #2 role, so it's not terribly surprising that his numbers weren't that impressive. Marvin only played in five games last year (and was only healthy for four of them), so I don't see why you're bringing him into this discussion. Gonzalez also missed two games with an injury.

I suppose I agree that Crayton falls into the same category as Hilliard or Jurevicius, but I don't consider either of those guys "average" #2 WRs anymore (and I'm not sure that they ever were). Both are below-average, IMO.

But I completely disagree that Crayton, who has never caught more than 50 passes in a season, is on Donald Driver's level. Not even close. Driver absolutely blows him away.

Crayton ain't bad, but he's not that good, either. I can't imagine that he'd be putting up even halfway decent numbers if here were on, say, the Titans. I'll take Roy Williams, Vincent Jackson, Mushin Muhammad, Jericho Cotchery, Anquan Boldin, Marvin Harrison, Wes Welker, Hines Ward, or Donald Driver over him any day. And I'd probably take Nate Burleson, Amani Tooomer, Brandon Stokley, and Anthony Gonzalez over him as well.

Edited by Bill Swerski

Crayton ain't bad, but he's not that good, either.

The crux of my original question was this:

Is the difference in production between Crayton and Roy Williams worth a 1st, 3rd and 6th round pick?

Is the difference in production between Crayton and Roy Williams worth a 1st, 3rd and 6th round pick?

Yes

looks like both detroit and roy played some serious hardball here. adding those draft picks is just hugh for a rebuilding team like detroit. if the bengals could get that for chad i'd be dancing in the streets. roy walks away with a ton of guarantee cash and is looking to lock up a 5 year deal that keeps him center stage on america's team. one would think he would take half of that to get outta detroit.

i guess jerry jones was feeling like santa claus.

personally, i think dallas' offense was good enough to make a serious run at the super bowl. roy is definitely an upgrade, but i'm not so sure if its one that's going to make a whole lotta difference in the end.

kudos to the lions.

If you ignore everything else, the answer would be no. Based on value alone, I'd say that Williams is worth a 1st and probably a 4th. And Dallas got a 7th in addition from Detroit.

But if you consider that T.O. will be 35 later this year and has a max of maybe two more years in Dallas, there's definitely a need for a #1 WR. And that's assuming that age doesn't catch up with T.O. soon in the form of injuries. So, it's addressing a future need. Also remember that the Cowboys already have an extra 3rd-round pick and now have a 5th from the Titans because of Pactard. So, factoring in all of that, I don't think that they gave up too much. Maybe a little more than market value, but that tends to happen at the trade deadline.

Edited by Bill Swerski

Guess who the first person to call Roy was. T.O. that's right. T.O. called Roy and talked for hours. He was so excited about Roy coming they planned on spending time together after practice and are going to stay with T.O. in the interm while T.O. helps him get up to speed. Roy said, T.O. told him that he would teach him everything Rice taught him about practicing and playing. He said the combo of himself and Roy will be UNSTOPABLE and is so excited about getting him in the lineup. Roy said he can't wait to work with a guy like T.O. because he has never had a veteran receiver to help him in his career and T.O. is the first to take him under his wing and teach him everything he knows. TO promised to do what ever I need to be the best player I can be. "T.O. went out of his way to tell me that he would do what ever I needed to get on the field". T.O. got me so exciteded about coming to Dallas I can't wait. I have never had a reciever reach out to me like this and make me feel so welcome and excited. We talked about getting to a superbowl and how we as a team could help the team get there.

Looks like T.O. is happy as hell this guy is on his way to Dallas. Also looks like he is going to make this kid better like he did with Hurd and work his arse off to help the guy. T.O. is a better team guy than anyone gives him credit for. Good for you T.O.. I think this could be a dynamic duo of epic perportions.

Edited by Cowboyz1

Dallas essentially traded its 1st and 3rd round draft picks for Roy Williams.

Can anyone remember any other wide receivers being traded for a first round pick? Aside from Joey Galloway. Don't recievers usually get traded for second or later round picks?

Am I supposed to beleive that Roy Williams only played poorly, because he was on Detroit? How come Calvin Johnson doesn't have that problem?

Roy Williams was the number two receiver on one of the worst teams in the league. Exactly how was he worth all of those picks?

Guess who the first person to call Roy was. T.O. that's right. T.O. called Roy and talked for hours. He was so excited about Roy coming they planned on spending time together after practice and are going to stay with T.O. in the interm while T.O. helps him get up to speed. Roy said, T.O. told him that he would teach him everything Rice taught him about practicing and playing. He said the combo of himself and Roy will be UNSTOPABLE and is so excited about getting him in the lineup. Roy said he can't wait to work with a guy like T.O. because he has never had a veteran receiver to help him in his career and T.O. is the first to take him under his wing and teach him everything he knows. TO promised to do what ever I need to be the best player I can be. "T.O. went out of his way to tell me that he would do what ever I needed to get on the field". T.O. got me so exciteded about coming to Dallas I can't wait. I have never had a reciever reach out to me like this and make me feel so welcome and excited. We talked about getting to a superbowl and how we as a team could help the team get there.

Looks like T.O. is happy as hell this guy is on his way to Dallas. Also looks like he is going to make this kid better like he did with Hurd and work his arse off to help the guy. T.O. is a better team guy than anyone gives him credit for. Good for you T.O.. I think this could be a dynamic duo of epic perportions.

Why they are just gosh-darn BFF's now aren't they...... :wacko:

That T.O. is the best teammate in the league, I don't know why all of these mean media-types make him look so bad. He is the definition of selflessness and team-first attitude. I wonder if T.O. has any interest in running for President of the World, because he would have my vote !!!!!

Can anyone remember any other wide receivers being traded for a first round pick? Aside from Joey Galloway. Don't recievers usually get traded for second or later round picks?

John Jefferson in 1981.

Not when they're in the primes of their careers, have already been to the Pro Bowl, and aren't getting booted from their teams for being locker room cancers.

Am I supposed to beleive that Roy Williams only played poorly, because he was on Detroit? How come Calvin Johnson doesn't have that problem?

Roy Williams was the number two receiver on one of the worst teams in the league. Exactly how was he worth all of those picks?

When did Roy Williams play "poorly"? Outside of this year, when they don't have an NFL-caliber QB? If you want to criticize his injury issues, that's fine. But a really good rookie year, three seasons with over 50 receptions, an 82-reception season, and a Pro Bowl are far from "poor."

Edited by Bill Swerski

Why they are just gosh-darn BFF's now aren't they...... :wacko:

That T.O. is the best teammate in the league, I don't know why all of these mean media-types make him look so bad. He is the definition of selflessness and team-first attitude. I wonder if T.O. has any interest in running for President of the World, because he would have my vote !!!!!

I thought this was the funniest thing I read in this thread....

then I read this:

Also looks like he is going to make this kid better like he did with Hurd

:D

I find it funny so many care what the Boys do. I thought they overpaid a bit, but they like other teams have wasted those picks before, and ROY in my opinion is a huge talent. And I dont care how much my owner spends, it isnt my money. I just want him doing anything he can to put a winner on the field, and Jerrah has done that over and over. Seems some just want to bash the boys at any cost, and if this works out, how many bashers will be back saying, damn that was a steal.

If it works I will be back saying it was a decent deal. Too much paid to make it a steal.

My issue with it is that these cowboys don't need anoher prima donna jerkwad in the locker room. They already have TO and Pacman.

From an offensive standpoint, it also means that the boys will need unselfish play from TO ( :wacko: ), Roy, Witten and Barber, because there is only so much football to go around. Not to mention that Crayton will probably be unhappy and a distraction.

Edited by Caveman_Nick