[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Kids & Politics

i_am_the_swammi

To which my point was...

You misinterpretated by saying...

The operative word here was "MORE".

The reference to freedom is based on your son having the ability to make more personal choices in his life when he gets older or being forced to follow MORE mandatory government policies.

Without going into specifics here (and so as not hijack the thread), there is indeed a need for limited government in some of the things you mentioned.

Sorry for the "confusion"... :wacko:

When you break down politics to an 8 year old level, millerx is all over that.

Hand him 4 quarters. Tell him Democrats take 2 quarters for themselves...Republicans only 1.

Do you have to tell him that a repub will send him to an unnecessary war in Iraq or can that be our little secret? I'm not trying to be political but as long as we're not telling the whole truth...

Do you have to tell him that a repub will send him to an unnecessary war in Iraq or can that be our little secret? I'm not trying to be political but as long as we're not telling the whole truth...

Did we institute a draft?...I'm not up to date on all my politics but... :wacko:

ETA: I just went to factcheck.org, and I can't find the institution of the draft anywhere. :D

Edited by millerx

I'll leave this alone so the thread continues...hopefully.

1) All politicians are liars (the .0001% that aren't are the exception that proves the rule)

2) They all deserve a kick in the tail more than they deserve our vote

3) Thomas Jefferson said the roots of the tree of liberty must, from time to time, be refreshed with the blood of patriots and of tyrants.

4) Give the boy a gun

5) Point him towards the Potomac river drainage basin

What? I'm just sayin'... :wacko:

Funny you should post this. My oldest is 7 and she asked me yesterday who I am voting for. She surprised me with some of her comments. She said Mccain is too old to be president and since my kid likes Obama she was talking mean about Mccain. I explained to her that just because you are voting for 1 person that doesnt mean you have to hate the other person or that the other person is bad. Although I am voting for Obama I told her Mccain is a great man and I tried to explain his service to our country. She just looked at me and asked me for some cheez its