[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Tricking out the dog house ...

Grits and Shins

Anybody got some ideas on how to trick out a dog house? Seems like I'll be living in one for the next two years.

16 year old daughter and mama are butting heads big time ... mama is mad at me 'cause she doesn't percieve that I'm getting her back.

For the first time in 25 years I forgot my wife's birthday (been working 70 to 90 hour weeks for a month now ... I didn't even know it was October let alone what the specific day was). :wacko:

In 2 years you will no longer be living with your daughter... my advice would be to find a way to reassure your wife that you do indeed have her back when it comes to her butting heads with your daughter... even if it is not the most reasonable stance to take.

I used to have a buddy who was a bit of a loud mouth. He would get himself into fights when we were out drinking. But even knowing that he was on the wrong side of most arguments, I was always there to watch his back and make sure he didn't get ganged up on or beat down too severely. Sometimes you just have to back up your friends, right or wrong. Even more so with your wife. She might be wrong, but she needs to know that you are there to back her up.

If your daughter is reasonable, maybe have a nice private heart-to-heart with her... and explain that this is the way its going to be... I love you and I agree with you, but from now on, I am going to be siding with Momma, so you better find a way to make things work.

Or I could be wrong. :D

Good luck brother! Chicks are nuts. :wacko:

Anybody got some ideas on how to trick out a dog house? Seems like I'll be living in one for the next two years.

16 year old daughter and mama are butting heads big time ... mama is mad at me 'cause she doesn't percieve that I'm getting her back.

For the first time in 25 years I forgot my wife's birthday (been working 70 to 90 hour weeks for a month now ... I didn't even know it was October let alone what the specific day was). :wacko:

Look on the bright side. Make-up sex is the best.

Living in Chateaux Bow-Bow for a while might not be that bad ... get youself a plastic kid's pool & a sand box to set up next to the canine abode, pull up a lawn char & cooler, then pretend you are at the beach. I'll bet it will be much more peaceful than hanging around inside the "real house" where the female battle of wills is going on.

I have no advice on forgetting the wife's birthday however, you are just hosed there & will have to take your lumps.