[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

MVP?

detlef

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
Advice: Warner has thrown for at least 300 yards in five straight games, and remains one of the front-runners to win the league MVP award. He's quite simply the best quarterback in fantasy football and it's not even that close.

(STATS, Inc.)

I think if the "Most Valuable Player Award" is interpreted as the "Player With the Best Statistics Award", or the "Most Valuable Fantasty Player Award" - Kurt Warner is the front-runner.

If they are looking for the Most Valuable Player in the NFL, right now it's a toss-up between Kris Jenkins, Albert Haynesworth, and Brett Favre.

Here is a list of guys that I think could win MVP if they play great down the stretch.

Kris Jenkins

Joey Porter

Troy Polamalu

Albert Haynesworth

Peyton Manning

Brandon Jacobs

Clinton Portis

Demarcus Ware

Matt Forte

Adrian Peterson

Julius Peppers

Michael Turner

Drew Brees

Curt Warner

Right now I personally still am leaning towards Haynesworth but now is when the MVP race really starts.

Right now I personally still am leaning towards Haynesworth but now is when the MVP race really starts.

Unfortunately, League MVP is strongly biased towards QBs, with defensive players usually getting screwed. The fact that Ray Lewis didn't get the award in 2000 speaks volumes. IIRC, the last defensive League MVP was LT all the way back in '86.

The long-retired Seahawks RB?

:wacko: let me rephrase that...Kurt Warner.

Unfortunately, League MVP is strongly biased towards QBs, with defensive players usually getting screwed. The fact that Ray Lewis didn't get the award in 2000 speaks volumes. IIRC, the last defensive League MVP was LT all the way back in '86.

Very true Bill...very true. it is kindda sad when defense is the most important part of the game too.

Here is a list of guys that I think could win MVP if they play great down the stretch.

Kris Jenkins

Joey Porter

Troy Polamalu

Albert Haynesworth

Peyton Manning

Brandon Jacobs

Clinton Portis

Demarcus Ware

Matt Forte

Adrian Peterson

Julius Peppers

Michael Turner

Drew Brees

Curt Warner

Polamalu is definitely having a great year, but, if you are going to put one guy fromj the Steelers defense on that list, it has to be James Harrison, who is having a MONSTER season.

Polamalu is definitely having a great year, but, if you are going to put one guy fromj the Steelers defense on that list, it has to be James Harrison, who is having a MONSTER season.

I thought about him too brother Menudo but was trying to only put 1 guy from each team. and Palamalu just seems to just make every big play when it really counts for the Steelers. you guys are loaded on defense as Farrior is a beast also.

Michael Turner's name has been popping up lately. I don't buy it.

Warner is still the front runner IMO. Doesn't he break a NFL record if he notches a 6th straight 300 yard game this week vs. Philly?

Won't Brees break marino's record soon while playing in one of the toughest divisions in football unlike Warner?

Won't Brees break marino's record soon while playing in one of the toughest divisions in football unlike Warner?

Yep.

Through 11 games:

Kurt Warner -- 303/434-69.8% , 3505yds , 21TD's, 8 INT

Drew Brees -- 286/424--67.5%, 3574yds, 22TD's, 11INT

Arizona -- 7-4 and leading the division by 4 games and SHOULD make playoffs

New Orleans -- 6-5 and bottom of division with medium chance to make playoffs

Homerisms aside...Eli Manning has to be at least considered. Numbers arnt flashy due to the run game, playcalling, and being ahead in almost all games...but does anyone believe that David Carr takes this team to an 11-1 record? if that doesnt scream MVP i dont know what does. Now I am a realist and know that he will more than likely not win the award, but surely he gets some votes outside of the NY/NJ area.

Homerisms aside...Eli Manning has to be at least considered. Numbers arnt flashy due to the run game, playcalling, and being ahead in almost all games...but does anyone believe that David Carr takes this team to an 11-1 record? if that doesnt scream MVP i dont know what does. Now I am a realist and know that he will more than likely not win the award, but surely he gets some votes outside of the NY/NJ area.

Kerry Collins is showing that a competent QB with a monster running game, a good coaching staff and a stout defense can win a ton of games.

I'm a lifelong Giants fan, but I don't think Eli belongs in the conversation any more than Collins does. Although I don't see it, many people seem to think Collins should be considered as well.

Shiek, you just compared Eli to Kerry Collins?

Well there is the NcNair factor, his numbers wernt flashy either in 03...but here is some stats for you through 12 games. Again not saying he should be league MVP, just considered as I don't think he is that far off from the guys having the monster stat years.

Eli Manning - Yards per Attemp: 7.07, Attemps per TD: 19.52

Kurt Warner - Yards per Attemp: 7.92, Attemps per TD: 19.67

Drew Brees - Yards per Attemp: 8.22, Attemps per TD: 19.63

Kerry Collins - Yards per Attemp: 6.48, Attemps per TD: 36.44

Steve McNair (2003) - Yards per Attemp: 8.04, Attemps per TD: 16.67...pretty sick when when you think about it.

R Torain

If you extrapolate Torrain's numbers out to a whole game and then multiply by 16 games, he is a legend.

But seriously folks, how huge has Turner been for Atlanta? They started the season, at home, as underdogs to the Lions and now thay are 8-4. He had 96 yards+ in 7 out of the 8 games they won. Without Turner, Matt Ryan would have been Troy Aikman in his first year.

They are a long way from the playoffs, but they get another shot at the Bucs and the Panthers are the shakiest 9-3 team I've ever seen.

I only said I don't think either deserve to be league MVP. If that's comparing them, then I guess I did.

IIRC, the year McNair and Peyton won co-MVP it was a pretty dry year for candidates. This year is loaded with people who deserve consideration. I still say AD should get it unless someone jumps out in the next month and single handedly carries their team to the playoffs (which is kinda what Peterson is doing).

Kerry Collins is showing that a competent QB with a monster running game, a good coaching staff and a stout defense can win a ton of games.

I'm a lifelong Giants fan, but I don't think Eli belongs in the conversation any more than Collins does. Although I don't see it, many people seem to think Collins should be considered as well.

Well there is the NcNair factor, his numbers wernt flashy either in 03...but here is some stats for you through 12 games. Again not saying he should be league MVP, just considered as I don't think he is that far off from the guys having the monster stat years.

Eli Manning - Yards per Attemp: 7.07, Attemps per TD: 19.52

Kurt Warner - Yards per Attemp: 7.92, Attemps per TD: 19.67

Drew Brees - Yards per Attemp: 8.22, Attemps per TD: 19.63

Kerry Collins - Yards per Attemp: 6.48, Attemps per TD: 36.44

Steve McNair (2003) - Yards per Attemp: 8.04, Attemps per TD: 16.67...pretty sick when when you think about it.

As Sheik said, even IF Manning compares to monster QBs on a per-pass basis, it's pretty easy to look good when you're getting the sort of support the Manning is getting.

He's playing the best football of his career, but the Giants would still be a pretty good team with anyone not completely sh*tting their pants at QB.

As Sheik said, even IF Manning compares to monster QBs on a per-pass basis, it's pretty easy to look good when you're getting the sort of support the Manning is getting.

He's playing the best football of his career, but the Giants would still be a pretty good team with anyone not completely sh*tting their pants at QB.

well for the most part i disagree, I can't see this as a play-off team for this year (meaning a current 8-4 record) with Carr running the show for 16 games

Edited by Robash