[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

MVP?

detlef

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kurt Warner is a very good mention. However...

Jason Campbell projected 2008: 66.1% completion, 7.63 YPA, 16 TD, 0 INT, 100.5 QB rating. If the Redskins win the NFC East, my vote would definitely go to Campbell. It's not like the Redskins are blowing anyone out -- his decision-making has been the single most important reason why that team is winning games.

Portis is on pace for 1800 yards and 14 TDs, along with only 22 receptions. Those stats aren't eye-popping enough to get him consideration over his QB who should finish with a 7- or 8-to-1 TD-to-INT ratio. :wacko:

If Campbell and/or the Redskins in general start falling off somewhat, AND if the Packers go on a nice winning streak, Aaron Rodgers would be a real candidate, too. You could say the exact same thing about Orton and the Bears. I'm stunned by Orton's numbers right now, so I'm skeptical that he'll continue.

I also can't see Eli ever putting up MVP-caliber stats.

I looked at Campbell & Portis as well and they are definitely on my short list but they are both on the same team so losing one or the other might not be so bad so I gave the nod to Warner who didn't even slow down while Boldin was out.

My picks

1. Brees

2. Warner

3. Portis

I know the person that mentioned Roethlisberger did so before his awful performance this week, but, he isn't having anything near an MVP season. With the defense the Steelers have, he is getting lots of opportunities, and has been alarmingly inconsistent this season. His holding onto the ball too long is becoming a serious problem that he has to fix. I know he has the tools to turn it around, but, thus far, he is having a significantly worse season than last year, where I thought he was excellent.

Bob Sanders should be mentioned if he comes back soon.

No, Bob Sanders isn't even on the radar.

I also can't see Eli ever putting up MVP-caliber stats.

McNair in 03 didn't put up MVP-caliber stats... Not probable, just possible.

If I had a vote it would be for Albert Haynesworth. I think you could throw out 5-10 other guys that could get votes...

3. Boldin

:wacko:

Among WRs:

18th in receptions, 27th in yards, 1st in TDs, (Only two ahead of Chambers, Coles, Fitzy, CJ2, SMoss, Walter, Ward and White)

I know he took a monumental shot to the head, and has one less game then other WR's, but a two TD lead with mediocre yards and receptions doesn't quite look like MVP material to me, especially with his team mate near the top of the list in all three categories.

Among WRs:

18th in receptions, 27th in yards, 1st in TDs, (Only two ahead of Chambers, Coles, Fitzy, CJ2, SMoss, Walter, Ward and White)

I know he took a monumental shot to the head, and has one less game then other WR's, but a two TD lead with mediocre yards and receptions doesn't quite look like MVP material to me, especially with his team mate near the top of the list in all three categories.

2 less games, besides the bye, I know it's a stretch, but the guy is producing pretty well. Looking forward to what the rest of the season holds.

I'm not arguing how well he is playing right now by any means, but it would be awful to see a dirty player like Haynesworth get MVP.

Did anyone catch that stunt last night when Manning scored on the keeper? Very minor compared to stomping on a dude's head but it did seem like he purposefully belly flopped on top of Manning's head.

I'm not cry bloody murder here, but it did seem pretty bush league, especially when you're talking about a guy in Manning who's basically NFL royalty.

I don't think anyone has said it yet... but seeing all of the love in that other thread, how about Roddy White?

I just read this thread today, and about halfway down the first page I was thinking the same thing. Then I see your post and figured, OK, so they'll talk about it now. NOT!

This guy is very nearly the ONLY option for Matt Ryan. He's certainly head and shoulders above every other WR on that team, and even the iggles great secondary couldn't cover the guy on Sunday.

I doubt the Falcons make the playoffs, but if they do and Roddy continues his play the rest of the season, he's GOTTA be on the short list. Portis and Warner too, and if their teams started winning, Rogers and Brees in the NFC.

In looking at the AFC I can't really pin down anyone. As bad as the West is, either SD or DEN has to make the playoffs, with the numbers Rivers is putting up...:wacko: Right now there isn't a standout player on the Steelers or the Pats or the Bills, and like someone above said, I don't know who you'd pick off that TN defense.

I'm not cry bloody murder here, but it did seem pretty bush league, especially when you're talking about a guy in Manning who's basically NFL royalty

I have a ton of respect for Jeff Fisher, but his teams tend to pull crap like this. I seem to recall Cortland Finnegan clotheslining Reggie Wayne last season.

Did anyone catch that stunt last night when Manning scored on the keeper? Very minor compared to stomping on a dude's head but it did seem like he purposefully belly flopped on top of Manning's head.

I'm not cry bloody murder here, but it did seem pretty bush league, especially when you're talking about a guy in Manning who's basically NFL royalty.

Yup, I noticed it, didn't bring it up, but since you did.....yes I noticed it too and he even looked into Mannings facemask and said something after he did it.

Tue, Nov 4 Mike Tulumello, of the East Valley Tribune, reports Arizona Cardinals head coach Ken Whisenhunt said he believes QB Kurt Warner should get some MVP consideration because of the numbers he is compiling. "I certainly think he should be given consideration for it, absolutely. He's playing at a high level," Whisenhunt said. He is on pace to throw for 4,862 yards this season.

(KFFL)

Tue, Nov 4 Mike Tulumello, of the East Valley Tribune, reports Arizona Cardinals head coach Ken Whisenhunt said he believes QB Kurt Warner should get some MVP consideration because of the numbers he is compiling. "I certainly think he should be given consideration for it, absolutely. He's playing at a high level," Whisenhunt said. He is on pace to throw for 4,862 yards this season.

(KFFL)

Wow , a players own HC thinks he should be MVP, shocking ! :wacko:

+1 for Kurt Warner

+1

Statistically, Brees has more yards, but Warner's TD/INT ratio is better. (Warner: 2,431 yards/16 TD/6 INT)(Brees: 2,563 yards/15 TD/7 INT)

If it came down to the two of them, it would come down to looking at team records. Kurt Warner has a 3 game lead on every team in his division, Drew Brees' Saints are currently at the bottom.

However, Drew has also done it all with out any help... very tough choice :wacko:

But I would love to see Warner get it again.