[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Josh Morgan?

Grimm74

can anyone watching the game sum up morgan's showing today. SF threw for over 300 yards to 8 receivers and morgan threw up a big goose egg.

i was flipping around, but i did hear the announcers say that morgan was not being used on 3-WR sets (i'm guessing isaac bruce, bryant johnson and arnaz battle were being used instead).

Drops have been his problem all year... perfect example of why the Niners underachieve week in, week out, and Nolan was fired because of it. I think he was pretty much benched after he dropped the first pass thrown his way today... should have been an easy catch and first down. Might be Singletary's way of sending a message.... he's had enough of these players not executing and playing to their potential.

As far as Morgan in particular, it's really not that much of a surprise. His predicted stats on this site for this week were very optimistic, to say the least... the 49ers have been playing musical WR's all year, from a fantasy perspective... Bruce, Battle, Johnson, Morgan... all of them have had at least one big week, and at least one goose egg. Last week was really the only week that Morgan put up decent numbers, so history would show that it was basically unlikely for him to do so two weeks in a row. The kid has some potential, but I wouldn't get your hopes up for this year.

Also, Singletary benched JTO and VDavis today as well... he's not the kind of guy that's just going to go with the flow, and finish out the season. In order for him to be anything more than just an "interim" coach for this year only, he's got to make a noticeable impact. That impact may not mean winning games, necessarily, as much as it could mean simply getting the attention of this team, and in particular, some of the players who are not meeting expectations. That said, I think each player's situation is different, and he sent three different messages:

JTO - We can't live with you giving the ball away four times a game, every game.

VDavis - It's time you grow up and start acting like a professional. Nobody cares how highly you were touted coming out of college, how much money you make, how fast you can run, or how much you can bench. At this point, the only way you can prove your worth is by playing well and executing on each and every play that you are on the field... PERIOD.

Morgan - You have potential, but without execution, potential isn't going to get you playing time. This team is past the point where they're looking for "moral" victories. They need to win games, and you can't do that when players are making blatant mistakes (such as dropping open passes).

WHO is Josh Morgan?

Were people actually expecting production after one decent game and a listing on the injury report?

Yes. He had a very good preseason, then was hurt. was targeted a lot last week and promoted to the starting wr slot on relatively good offense with no other clear #1 wr. Does that reasoning look more flawed tonight then it did before today's game? Well, clearly.

Yes. He had a very good preseason, then was hurt. was targeted a lot last week and promoted to the starting wr slot on relatively good offense with no other clear #1 wr. Does that reasoning look more flawed tonight then it did before today's game? Well, clearly.

If you had to start him you had to start him. I had to start DWard in my league.

But my point is, there shouldn't be a fuss because an injured, flash in the pan, rookie WR didn't have two big games in a row. Chances are, next game he catches a few balls...

If you had to start him you had to start him. I had to start DWard in my league.

But my point is, there shouldn't be a fuss because an injured, flash in the pan, rookie WR didn't have two big games in a row. Chances are, next game he catches a few balls...

I second that. Besides, next week he has a bye, so there is a chance to improve immensely after the bye.