[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

College Bball

Timmypg

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just awful last night. I know Josh Carter is banged up but you shouldn't be surrendering 20 pt leads to the 2nd worst team in the conference. I guess I should have seen it coming as soon as I started thinking about the rematch today with Mizzou about midway thru the game. A rested Mizzou team with their press should roll Tech.

Ok detlef, I was wrong. You might as well PM me your address now. The loss of Dyson is just far bigger than I imagined. Not a chance they can make it to the final 4 now.

+1

I had to turn it off and get some sleep at some point, and I picked the spot where UCONN was up by 6 in the third OT....I figured that HAD to be enough....unreal it went 3 more OTS.

I have today off so I stuck with it. 'Cuse fouled out 4 guys and at one point in the 5th OT they had two guys on the floor who hadn't played all night. One kid got a rebound and the announcers said cheerfully, "he just collected his first rebound OF THE YEAR"

Just sick.

+1

I had to turn it off and get some sleep at some point, and I picked the spot where UCONN was up by 6 in the third OT....I figured that HAD to be enough....unreal it went 3 more OTS.

Same here! And my UConn buddy thought the Nova game was the game of the day......before last night.

Tough game against Louisville tonight. Can't Wait!

Exact same thing I did. Figured Cuse was done for at that point.

Man, gotta envy those people that were at madison square garden yesterday

Start things off by watching a great Louisville team roll Providence.

Then watch a buzzer beater as Nova makes a last second layup to beat Marquette.

Then watch West Virginia upset a #2 Pitt team.

And top it all off with the 6 OT Syracuse / UConn thriller....

I think that the fact that 'Cuse fouled out guys before UCONN led to their win. They had fresher legs during the last couple of OT periods. A frsh scrub is better than a completely drained starter it seems. It looked like A.J. Price actually fouled a dude just to get off the floor because Calhoun wasn't going to pull him from the game. No matter who won this struggle (it is the single greatest bball game I've ever watched) you can pencil WV into the title game now. There is no way the winner of last nights game will be able to compete for the entire game today.

UConn makes their free throws and they win the game by 5-10 points in regulation. Turnovers also killed them... they definitely miss Dyson (he would make a huge difference in all three of the areas that KILLED them last night... TO's, FT shooting, and a lack of 3-point shooting). What's amazing to me (besides Flynn playing 67/70 minutes, making 16/16 free throws, etc.) was that Syracuse never led in the first five overtimes... they basically scratched and clawed to come up with just enough, each time, to force another session. A couple of times, it was last-second three-pointers. Another time or two, it was Flynn driving to the basket and drawing a foul against Thabeet to get to the line. If there ever was a performance where one player basically "willed his team to victory", it was Jonny Flynn last night.

Incredible.

I certainly wouldn't be surprised if WV wins tonight, but I wouldn't count the 'Cuse out quite yet... This team (more particularly, coach Boeheim) has a knack for attaining the impossible, particularly in this tournament. They've made runs in the past when nobody thought they had anything left, and at least in one instance, they were in a "do or die" situation where they had to win it all to get into the dance (I think it was 2-3 years ago). These are kids... they're able to bounce back physically much easier/quicker than NBA players would, for example. Playing back-to-back nights doesn't really phase them at all. I'm sure last nights marathon will have some effect on them, but it's possible that it might hit them harder on Saturday (if they make it that far) than it will tonight. We'll see, I guess....

Well, given what happened yesterday, that should all but lock up a #1 seed for the Heels.

I would have been surprised if they hadn't already locked it up before today. Now, it has to be a given. Considering the number of choke jobs by bubble teams in lesser conferences, simply playing UNC that close (with our without Lawson) might have been enough to squeeze V Tech in. Especially since they handled Miami by something like 15 yesterday.

Unfortunately, I was down at the restaurant and had to follow the game on ESPN gamecast.

I would have been surprised if they hadn't already locked it up before today. Now, it has to be a given. Considering the number of choke jobs by bubble teams in lesser conferences, simply playing UNC that close (with our without Lawson) might have been enough to squeeze V Tech in. Especially since they handled Miami by something like 15 yesterday.

Unfortunately, I was down at the restaurant and had to follow the game on ESPN gamecast.

It wasn;t pretty. You need only watch the last 2 minutes. Tyler put the team on his back...but what else is new?

Didn't really have a problem with that call so much; it is annoying to see every call seemingly go Hansborough's way. I

Then you haven;t watched him much this year. He got hacked several times in the last 5 minutes of the game today and got no calls.

Didn't really have a problem with that call so much; it is annoying to see every call seemingly go Hansborough's way. I

It's not last year anymore...

Then you haven;t watched him much this year. He got hacked several times in the last 5 minutes of the game today and got no calls.

Exactly. Obviously dude gets a lot of calls but he also truly gets fouled a ton and, frankly does a great job of playing physically enough that guys have to play him rough enough that they're going to end up fouling him. However, guys do foul him and refs really seem to be making sure that they don't whistle every little hack this year. So, I agree, the "Tyler gets all the calls" complaint is getting a bit tired and simply pointing to the number of times he makes it to the line is not much of an argument considering how physical he makes guys play him.

No dog to pick in this fight and I wasn't trying to rile up the homers. I've seen NC play a couple times this year but.I was simply referring to what I saw in the latter half of the game. No one is going to tell me that he wasn't getting the benefit of the doubt in almost every instance.

No dog to pick in this fight and I wasn't trying to rile up the homers. I've seen NC play a couple times this year but.I was simply referring to what I saw in the latter half of the game. No one is going to tell me that he wasn't getting the benefit of the doubt in almost every instance.

I'll happily do that.

He got a no call on a clear goaltending, and there were several opportunities in the last 3 minutes where the refs could have sent him to the line, but didn't. Frankly, the jump ball was one of the few calls that went his way.

Frankly, I'm looking forward to getting out of the ACC because there has been a clear movement to not send Tyler to the line this year, regardless of the degree of contact.