[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

College Bball

Timmypg

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, I would.

Too early to tell. UNC, Duke, and Wake are the only legit final 4 teams in the ACC, possibly (but a stretch) VaT.

On the other hand, Louisville, Pitt, UConn, Syr, maybe G'Town, and even unproven Marquette may all be legit final 4 teams. If you were a smart gambling man you wouldn't like your chances in a single elimination tournament such as the NCAA. Can't wait for the Syr/Lou matchup tomorrow.

Nice win for the Heels- caught the first half, Clemson was playing well and is a tough ballclub.

now, for Mr. Madsen, errr Hansbrough, he is such a hard worker and an absolute doofus it is not even funny. He is always flailing his arms a) hoping to draw a foul call on his shot since he cannot elevate enough off the floor and :wacko: how many effing times is he blocked or his shot altered and he barrels into the opposition flailing away. He got his tooth knocked loose this way - his own errant, deflected shot, he comes at the defender for no reason, and gets caught by an elbow. Not a mystery why there are so many players that get injured whenever he is involved in the play.

A very effective college basketball player that will go down as the most overrated player in NCAA history IMO -

any NBA GM that picks him in the lottery, or even first round should immediately be fired.

I am a hoops junkie, and I have always been a UNC fan, and I like this team for the most part, I just cannot stand the way Tyler Madsen plays the game.

ACC as a whole is loaded this year..........

I have to agree with Hansbrough's pro potential, though admittedly, I don't follow the pro game so I may not be the best guy to judge that. Of course, all the guys who are hyping him as a solid pro are all college honks, so I don't know if their opinion should matter much more.

None the less, he does have more game than Madsen if only for the reason that he can actually make a foul shot but that's about it. Problem is, his offensive game is so sketchy, he's never going to get a chance to get fouled at the next level because he's going to be the 5th option on the floor at all times and guys are strong enough, fast enough, and have good enough technique that they'll be able to defend him without hacking him.

I honestly have no idea what role he could fill on a pro team. That doesn't change the fact that he's still very, very effective on this level and works his ass off. I don't agree that he's the most overrated player in the NCAA, just, perhaps the most overrated pro prospect. How can he be overrated considering his production on an elite team? You don't average 20+ on UNC's team if you're all hype.

I have to agree with Hansbrough's pro potential, though admittedly, I don't follow the pro game so I may not be the best guy to judge that. Of course, all the guys who are hyping him as a solid pro are all college honks, so I don't know if their opinion should matter much more.

None the less, he does have more game than Madsen if only for the reason that he can actually make a foul shot but that's about it. Problem is, his offensive game is so sketchy, he's never going to get a chance to get fouled at the next level because he's going to be the 5th option on the floor at all times and guys are strong enough, fast enough, and have good enough technique that they'll be able to defend him without hacking him.

I honestly have no idea what role he could fill on a pro team. That doesn't change the fact that he's still very, very effective on this level and works his ass off. I don't agree that he's the most overrated player in the NCAA, just, perhaps the most overrated pro prospect. How can he be overrated considering his production on an elite team? You don't average 20+ on UNC's team if you're all hype.

fair enough, I admire his work ethic, guy has gotten more out of his talent than anyone I have ever seen. He is probably more skilled than Madsen, but not by much - I actually think he will fill a similar role in the NBA- Mad Dog is STILL playing after all- the dood has a 10+ year carer and a couple of Championships - and I think he was All Pac 10 twice, so the guy could play a little bit.

He doesn't have to worry about any biggest bust awards- Adam Morrison, who was the #3 pick overall has that locked up in recent memory.

Some quality teams out there - March Madness is goin to be fantastic!

He doesn't have to worry about any biggest bust awards- Adam Morrison, who was the #3 pick overall has that locked up in recent memory.

I'm not following NBA at all these days, but what happened to that guy? Just translated that badly as a pro, or a combo of also not getting PT, system....?

Edited by bushwacked

Washington Huskies, sole possession of 1st place in the Pac-10.

I just learned that UCLA isn't all that great this year. Not trying to take anything away from UW, but Darren Collison can't do it alone for the Bruins. Coach Howland's gonna have to get those guys going if they're gonna make any kind of serious tourney run. I don't see them getting out of the first or second round, honestly.

The Huskies are playing great and are getting contributions from 9-10 players. Lorenzo rotations are clicking and their guard play has been superb. Overton, Dentmon and Isiah "is he really just a freshman" Thomas compliment each other very well. I watched Isiah throughout his sophomore and junior years in Tacoma and he has impressed me with his patience and his ability to flow with the game and not force things. He has great basketball sense. Overton, on the other hand, scares me. 70% of the time he seems out of control and turns the ball over too much but you go to love his hustle and energy and he definately brings something to the floor when he comes in. Although some of it isn't always good :wacko:

Our most improved player has got to be Dentmon this year the guy has been "money" in critical situations. I think having Isiah in the backcourt has taken some pressure off of Dentmon and he is playing more relaxed and seems to be way more confident this year. If we can get more consistency out of Pondexter and Bryan-Amaning continues to improve watch out. And what can you say about Brockman that hasn't already been said? The guy brings it every night and is the consummate team player. The UW fans won't truly appreciate his contributions to this team until he's gone next year.

USC has some "scary" talent. UCLA will be there in the end and IMO the Sun Devils are the team to fear. I also like the athleticism at Cal and still can't believe they lost to Oregon State this week at home? Moving to #1 in the Pac-10 and with a 15-4 record the Huskies should move into the Top 25 for the first time this year. Go Dawgs!

Edited by theprofessor

I just learned that UCLA isn't all that great this year. Not trying to take anything away from UW, but Darren Collison can't do it alone for the Bruins. Coach Howland's gonna have to get those guys going if they're gonna make any kind of serious tourney run. I don't see them getting out of the first or second round, honestly.

Don't let the Bruins lack of a pure star diminish what they do on the floor. They have some great young talent and they are so good on the defensive side of the floor that they'll give some people fits in March. With that said, I think getting out of the Sweet 16 bracket would be a huge surprise too.

Edited by theprofessor

I watched Isiah throughout his sophomore and junior years in Tacoma and he has impressed me with his patience and his ability to flow with the game and not force things. He has great basketball sense.

Thomas's athletic ability and quickness give one an immediate "wow" impression. However, his intelligent play, court awareness, and fundamentalism as a freshman is what I'm most impressed with.

I'm not following NBA at all these days, but what happened to that guy? Just translated that badly as a pro, or a combo of also not getting PT, system....?

t o o s l o w.

Adam can't create enough on O and can't guard Obama on D.

He is bust in every sense of the word, unfortunately.

UCLA might have been moderately overrated to start the season, but don't underestimate how good Washington is playing right now.

The Huskies are playing great and are getting contributions from 9-10 players. Lorenzo rotations are clicking and their guard play has been superb. Overton, Dentmon and Isiah "is he really just a freshman" Thomas compliment each other very well. I watched Isiah throughout his sophomore and junior years in Tacoma and he has impressed me with his patience and his ability to flow with the game and not force things. He has great basketball sense. Overton, on the other hand, scares me. 70% of the time he seems out of control and turns the ball over too much but you go to love his hustle and energy and he definately brings something to the floor when he comes in. Although some of it isn't always good :wacko:

Our most improved player has got to be Dentmon this year the guy has been "money" in critical situations. I think having Isiah in the backcourt has taken some pressure off of Dentmon and he is playing more relaxed and seems to be way more confident this year. If we can get more consistency out of Pondexter and Bryan-Amaning continues to improve watch out. And what can you say about Brockman that hasn't already been said? The guy brings it every night and is the consummate team player. The UW fans won't truly appreciate his contributions to this team until he's gone next year.

USC has some "scary" talent. UCLA will be there in the end and IMO the Sun Devils are the team to fear. I also like the athleticism at Cal and still can't believe they lost to Oregon State this week at home? Moving to #1 in the Pac-10 and with a 15-4 record the Huskies should move into the Top 25 for the first time this year. Go Dawgs!

Isaiah Thomas might be a one-year player. I swear the kid is making zero mistakes on the floor at this point. He learns and improves every single game. He dominated the Bruins yesterday, and the second half vs. USC on Thursday. The bright side is the kid could lead this team this year on a serious tourney run. The downside is that the farther UW goes, the less likely the kid sticks around, even if he's 5'8". His play opens things up for Dentmon, who is a really good scorer when he doesn't have to run the offense, and Pondexter, who is the most silent 10-15 ppg player I've ever seen.

And you're right about Overton. The guy was the prized recruit last year, and brings crazy energy to the floor, but he's absolutely reckless on the offensive end, doing two stupid things for every one good thing he does. However, thanks to the elbows and general thuggery of a guy like Jon Brockman, his recklessness is almost forgiven thanks to the insane ability for the Huskies to control the boards. In many respects, the key to the Washington run has been the emergence of a reliable big man outside of Brockman in Bryan-Amaning. That kid has improved leaps over where he was last year and adds a formidable depth underneath that teams are having a real difficult time finding answers to.

There are still a lot of big games left for this team, and they could lose their next 5 games and it wouldn't necessarily shock me (well, it would, but @ ASU, @ UA, vs. WSU, @ Stanford, @ Cal; all tough squads) but they are improving and playing a really tough brand of basketball right now.

FWIW, Pomeroy has them ranked #19 overall and 3rd in the Pac-10, which he also rates as the #2 conference behind the ACC.

Wow, looked like it didn't matter where it was. Coach Pitino has those guys playing some great ball right now.

Game winner byTerrence Williams who went to HS down the road from me in Seattle. Played with the likes of Nate Robinson, Brandon Roy, The Stewart Brothers, etc - Pitino has his boys playing well and it looks like they could make a run to the Elite 8 or further.

Game winner byTerrence Williams who went to HS down the road from me in Seattle. Played with the likes of Nate Robinson, Brandon Roy, The Stewart Brothers, etc - Pitino has his boys playing well and it looks like they could make a run to the Elite 8 or further.

:wacko: Didn't they win by 10? Or was that the go-ahead? Either way, I would fear Pitino-led teams in the tourney. And Caliapari. Looks like he's got his kids 5-0 in league play thus far. They'll be tough come March too.

The 'Horns have slipped down to #14 but are 14-4 and will continue to improve. OU is scary. That Griffin kid is a monster.

:wacko: Didn't they win by 10? Or was that the go-ahead? Either way, I would fear Pitino-led teams in the tourney. And Caliapari. Looks like he's got his kids 5-0 in league play thus far. They'll be tough come March too.

The 'Horns have slipped down to #14 but are 14-4 and will continue to improve. OU is scary. That Griffin kid is a monster.

Have to admit that I didn't watch the game but I was listening to the highlights from my office and heard the announcer on ESPN say that Terrence Williams hit the game winner from outside? Maybe he said " the go ahead bucket"? My bad.

Have to admit that I didn't watch the game but I was listening to the highlights from my office and heard the announcer on ESPN say that Terrence Williams hit the game winner from outside? Maybe he said " the go ahead bucket"? My bad.

Terrence Williams is my favorite player in college basketball - fantastic all around player and way underrated. He is one of the best all around players in the country - he can do it all and will be a great NBA player.

awesome game Wed - Wake and Dook - hope Wake hammers them - another favorite is Jeff Teague - MVP in the ACC to this point - I love his game