[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

My Obamanation

Jimmy Neutron

I finally got my LMT AR-15 today - total :wacko: moment. Been waiting years.

I've got a EoTech 512 coming to mount on it along with a ARMS #40 rear BUIS. Daniels Defense quadrail and a dozen PMAGS also coming UPS this week. It should be fun putting my dream AR together by this weekend. I also bought a case of ammo to get her dialed in.

Also found a nice 870 Wingmaster I had to take home with me too. A good day - Jimmy is doin' a little :D

I've got a EoTech 512 coming to mount on it along with a ARMS #40 rear BUIS. Daniels Defense quadrail and a dozen PMAGS also coming UPS this week. It should be fun putting my dream AR together by this weekend. I also bought a case of ammo to get her dialed in.

Also found a nice 870 Wingmaster I had to take home with me too. A good day - Jimmy is doin' a little :D

:divingboard:

The hardest thing to get used to was hearing/feeling the mainspring "WHANG" with every shot in that plastic stock. What's the twist on the barrel? Will it stabilize the 62-grainers?

:divingboard:

The hardest thing to get used to was hearing/feeling the mainspring "WHANG" with every shot in that plastic stock. What's the twist on the barrel? Will it stabilize the 62-grainers?

The barrel is a 1/7 twist. I am told my LMT guys that this barrel works extremely well with 55-65 grain bullets - most get half MOA. It should be a fun rabbit/zombie gun. :wacko:

:notetoself:

Do not get lost and wander off on Jimmy's property!

I've had an 870 Wingmaster for about 20 years now. I shot my first full box of 454's this weekend, I won't lie, my forearms are a bit sore. My new X-Bolt .270 WSM should be in Wednesday which gives me just enought time to mount the Leupold and bore site it before we leave for the deer lease thursday night for a weekend masacre.

I agree. I've got one in 20 guage I've had for over 20 years - figured they'd make a nice pair. The Wingmasters are so much nicer than the more common Express.

No doubt. The express is a club, not a shotgun. I really don't shoot shotguns much (I like to use leverguns on moving targets, if they aren't too fast) but the wingmaster and express might as well be made by two different companies.

That sure is a nice gun you're gonna have taken away.

Strange thing happened to me last week. All of my guns except for my issued weapons got stolen :D ! Go figure! :wacko:

No doubt. The express is a club, not a shotgun. I really don't shoot shotguns much (I like to use leverguns on moving targets, if they aren't too fast) but the wingmaster and express might as well be made by two different companies.

Edumacate me. I've had an express 12 since I was 16 and always loved it for small game. What makes the Wingmaster so much better?

Edumacate me. I've had an express 12 since I was 16 and always loved it for small game. What makes the Wingmaster so much better?

Oh man, the wingmaster has an action that's almost as slick as an old model 12. The furniture is nicer, the blue is richer, much more hand-fitting, metal is dehorned, etc. It's like comparing a 1930's Fox double to one of those Brazilian or Russian made ones from today. Or a 1950's Smith N-frame to a Ruger super-redhawk. The Ruger will never break and always work, but it's heavy and ugly compared to the Smith.

The express is an inexpensive, reliable, functional work gun. The wingmaster is refined into near beautiful form and function.

Oh man, the wingmaster has an action that's almost as slick as an old model 12. The furniture is nicer, the blue is richer, much more hand-fitting, metal is dehorned, etc. It's like comparing a 1930's Fox double to one of those Brazilian or Russian made ones from today. Or a 1950's Smith N-frame to a Ruger super-redhawk. The Ruger will never break and always work, but it's heavy and ugly compared to the Smith.

The express is an inexpensive, reliable, functional work gun. The wingmaster is refined into near beautiful form and function.

That pretty much covers it - the Express also has plastic parts that are metal in the Wingmaster.

That's not to say the Express is a bad gun - it's what I bought my son simply because I could not find a youth model Wingmaster.

Edited by Jimmy Neutron

Do not get lost and wander off on Jimmy's property!

Better yet, just stay out of Utah altogether. :D

Oh, hell. C'mon over. I'll take you shooting and you'll be hooked. Beats the hell out of any video game.

Putting the new quad rail, EOTech and ARMS BUIS on tonight. My vertical foregrip is back-ordered. :wacko:

Great...now I want one...

It never hurts to add a shotty to your collection. I found a nice used one this week for $299. They're running about $620 here new/retail.

My 20 gauge Wingmaster is so smooth, I can hold in the slide release and cycle a shell into the chamber without touching the pump. Glass, baby. :wacko:

It never hurts to add a shotty to your collection. I found a nice used one this week for $299. They're running about $620 here new/retail.

My 20 gauge Wingmaster is so smooth, I can hold in the slide release and cycle a shell into the chamber without touching the pump. Glass, baby. :wacko:

Yep, I'll admit the express pump action is loud and clunky. That said, its been a great gun over the years for small game and I have dropped a few deer with it as well. Its been a very reliable gun. But I'm just not into the finer details of guns like you guys are. My only remaining rifle is my Marlin 336 in .35 rem (i've sold off the rest). Old school for sure compared to what you guys into, but I love that old beast, and it'll drop a frickin moose.

Yep, I'll admit the express pump action is loud and clunky. That said, its been a great gun over the years for small game and I have dropped a few deer with it as well. Its been a very reliable gun. But I'm just not into the finer details of guns like you guys are. My only remaining rifle is my Marlin 336 in .35 rem (i've sold off the rest). Old school for sure compared to what you guys into, but I love that old beast, and it'll drop a frickin moose.

Dude, don't get me wrong at all. Leverguns are my absolute favorite. I have a marlin 336 in .30-30, an 1895 in .45-70 and a henry lever .22. I put ghost rings on them and that's what I go shoot arial targets with. I'm trying to work on speed. Most places that throw clays don't have a good backstop for rifle shooting though...