[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Califonia in for more trouble?

WaterMan

http://www.thedailybeast.com/blogs-and-sto...orget-my-taxes/

I would be surprised if homosexuals in mass didn't pay their taxes.

Meh... they are already use to the messicans not paying anything... what's a few more gheys not paying gonna amount to....besides, they now have the "rich" to foot the bill. I wonder how many of them are ghey?

Actually, this will be a good way to force out all those closet h0mos so we can see finally see who they are....

Edited by millerx

since when is marriage a 'right'? she has her church and state a bit mixed up.

You shall have no other gods before me

You shall not make for yourself an idol

You shall not make wrongful use of the name of your God

Remember the Sabbath and keep it holy

Honor your father and mother

You shall not murder

You shall not commit adultery

You shall not steal

You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor

You shall not covet your neighbor's wife

You shall not covet anything that belongs to your neighbor

You shall get a tax break for being married

...i take it back, they should all burn in hell

I don't agree w/all the laws my state has passed either, but I think I'll just skip the rambling whine (did anyone actually read all that) and stop paying taxes too. In fact that's a brilliant idea - if your state doesn't draw all its lines exactly where you do, you shouldn't have to pay taxes. You go girlfriend!

My son has been watching "Veggie Tales" videos, and watching it has been helping my view of Christianity, because the religious lessons they are teaching kids are good lessons about loving your enemy, respecting your fellow man, and the golden rule. I like it. I want my kids to learn this stuff.

Then adult Christians start talking and I realize that many of them are hateful, disrespectful, and cruel... and they don't have a chance to get into the heaven they teach kids about.

It is very perplexing to me.

My son has been watching "Veggie Tales" videos, and watching it has been helping my view of Christianity, because the religious lessons they are teaching kids are good lessons about loving your enemy, respecting your fellow man, and the golden rule. I like it. I want my kids to learn this stuff.

Then adult Christians start talking and I realize that many of them are hateful, disrespectful, and cruel... and they don't have a chance to get into the heaven they teach kids about.

Thanks for the insight on "Veggie Tales"...seriously.

I have not introduced it to my children because I was concerned about brainwashing them with a narrow view of religion. I read one book of Veggie Tales (it was one of the only books available) to my 5 year old while waiting in her doctors office and It had some good messages. Like the ones you stated. But I was also kind of turned off by some of the blatant, narrow-minded, brainwashing, christian views. I haven't revisited the characters since, but might take another look now. I was raised a church-goer and believe in most of values and morals that christianity preaches, however, my parents and education were able to broaden my view of other beliefs outside its boundaries.

Another Daily Beast reader here.

This is disturbing...

Prop 8 was defeated with heavy financial support of the extremely wealthy and nutty Ahmanson. Good and disturbing read.

Prop 8 passed with the vote of the very same people that voted for Obama.

"The ban in California was particularly intriguing.Proposition 8 would have failed in the Golden State if it were up to white voters, who opposed it by a 51-49 ratio. What carried it over the top was enormous support from black voters, with about 70 percent of them backing it. Hispanics also supported the ban by significant, though smaller, margins. In Florida,where a similar ban required a 60 percent margin,Amendment 2 just barely passed, getting 60 percent of the white vote. The cushion came from blacks, who voted 71 percent in favor, and Latinos, who voted 64 percent in favor. "

Barack Obama Yes,Gay Marriage No

Edited by Sox

Sorry, I meant to say it passed. What I was trying to say was that human rights were defeated.

As for the same people, I think that the extensive advertising helped confuse and cloud the prop and I bet some people voted for it, but wouldn't have if the advertising hadn't happened.

The proponents of prop 8 won this ballot with there advertising...you are correct. The angle they used was reporting that a Mass school had started to teach elementary children about gay marriage (the book is The King and The King I think) and that if passed, by current law, gay marriage WOULD be taught in 96% of all California schools. It was assured to pass the second that add ( there were 3 different adds with the same message) aired 10+ times a day.

Edited by tazinib1

Thanks for the insight on "Veggie Tales"...seriously.

I have not introduced it to my children because I was concerned about brainwashing them with a narrow view of religion. I read one book of Veggie Tales (it was one of the only books available) to my 5 year old while waiting in her doctors office and It had some good messages. Like the ones you stated. But I was also kind of turned off by some of the blatant, narrow-minded, brainwashing, christian views. I haven't revisited the characters since, but might take another look now. I was raised a church-goer and believe in most of values and morals that christianity preaches, however, my parents and education were able to broaden my view of other beliefs outside its boundaries.

I'm a long way from a religious man. I haven't seen any brainwashing yet, and believe me... I'm hypersensitive to it.

Stay away from Miss Pattycake. That stuff is indoctrination. It scared the hell out of me.

teach these things to your children yourself......you seem like a good guy.

you don't need the catholic church putting their spin on it.

i know exactly what you're saying about the adults.....after 12 years of catholic sKool (hehe)

i couldn't get away fast enough....hell, even the priests where nasty when i was an alterboy (no, not like that)

and nuns! god help us!....there is alot of good in the catholic teachings, but hey, it's common sense/good human being stuff.

i don't need all the other bullcrap they tote along with it......

1) Veggie Tales are hilarious. Larry is a great character.

2) Just because adults who espouse a particular belief do not always act as if that belief system has fully permeated their being does not make the belief any more or less legitimate (i.e., they're screwed up people, just like the rest of us) ... AND ... it doesn't negate whatever truth there is in the belief system. I'm sure that many Hindi's have eaten a hamburger only to wonder if they just at Aunt Hoodi ... same sorta thing with a Christian calling someone else a "GD MF'r".

3) The French Peas and the Grandpa Grape are great bit characters. Not much for Laura Carrot, but I do like Junior Asperagus.

4) Nobody deserves to get into heaven. Lots of very screwed up people will, though. I'm planning on being one of them. :wacko: