[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The things he carried

H8tank

I didn't read the link but when I saw it had to do with Airport security all I can say is that nothing surprises me....pre 9/11 I oversaw the opening of 2 stores for Burlington Coat Factory (Cohoes & Burlington Coat Factory) at Jersey Gardens which was in Elizabeth City just outside of Newark Airport....between the 2 stores we had to hire 300+ employees....MANY of our applicant had worked or currently worked in airport security at Newark...we also drug tested so many of them never showed up for tests.....If my memory serves me correctly we didn't hire a single one of them and most of them were due to security concerns...yeah we wouldnt hire them to put out freight or help customers but they were doing security at the airport...sorry to say that when 9/11 happened I wasnt surprised...saddened of course but surprised, no

There was an article I read not long after 9/11 and it talked about the beefing up of security at airports. The article was deriding the measures and saying we should be going on the Israeli model. We weren't doing that because of concerns over profiling, IIRC. But his premise was that we were looking for weapons, explosives, etc. and Israel looked for terrorists. Sounds like the TSA is just another bloated, overfed fedgov bureaucracy that is more sizzle than steak.

Small world. I left a Leatherman multi-tool in my backpack. The TSA agent told me that I could fed-ex it to my destination and directed me to the hotel connected to the Detroit airport. Given that I had paid about $100 for the thing, I wasn't going to let them confiscate it. I fed-exed it to my hotel.

So I get my cc bill at the end of the month. With surcharges, taxes and fees, I got nicked for $90.

I should have just jammed the thing up my ass. :wacko:

I usually always road tripped to vegas for WCOFF, and I have a black leather bag I keep my stats and stuff.

So last year I am flying for the first time in years, and I have my trusty road bag, I didn't really know what all was in it.

Well the dudes at the airport found out. A gerber 6" boot knife, a wine key with a 2" blade, a folding 3" lock blade and another small pocket knife.

They let me go to the gift shop and mail them home.

I usually always road tripped to vegas for WCOFF, and I have a black leather bag I keep my stats and stuff.

So last year I am flying for the first time in years, and I have my trusty road bag, I didn't really know what all was in it.

Well the dudes at the airport found out. A gerber 6" boot knife, a wine key with a 2" blade, a folding 3" lock blade and another small pocket knife.

They let me go to the gift shop and mail them home.

when my wife and I were on our way home from our honeymoon they found a small pair of those fingernail/manicure scissors and said they would have to keep them....we were like, :huh:ummmm OK but they were in this bag when we flew here...guy gave us a look and kept them....well when we got home...believe it or not they were in her bag...I dont know when or how he did it but he slipped them back into that bag.

Small world. I left a Leatherman multi-tool in my backpack. The TSA agent told me that I could fed-ex it to my destination and directed me to the hotel connected to the Detroit airport. Given that I had paid about $100 for the thing, I wasn't going to let them confiscate it. I fed-exed it to my hotel.

So I get my cc bill at the end of the month. With surcharges, taxes and fees, I got nicked for $90.

I should have just jammed the thing up my ass. :D

Now that is just funny :wacko: