[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Friday Night Lights

kpholmes

I've been watching since Season 1, and this show has slowly developed into one of the best shows on TV IMO. It was moved to the Direct TV channel to keep it from being cut as a result of the writer strike aftermath, but they're moving it back to NBC next season.

I watch a lot of TV during the week, Heroes, House, SVU, The Office, Smallville, Family Guy, Entourage, etc... and while I enjoy almost all of them, I don't think any of them come close. If anyone knows of a better show currently on the air than Friday Night Lights, I'd love to hear it.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you're into soap operas where they play football in the background, I guess it is.

Real men favor Top Chef!

I've turned it on a few times and it seemed more like Gilmore Girls than a how about footbal.

I'll stick with Top Chef :wacko:

I've been watching since Season 1, and this show has slowly developed into one of the best shows on TV IMO. It was moved to the Direct TV channel to keep it from being cut as a result of the writer strike aftermath, but they're moving it back to NBC next season.

I watch a lot of TV during the week, Heroes, House, SVU, The Office, Smallville, Family Guy, Entourage, etc... and while I enjoy almost all of them, I don't think any of them come close. If anyone knows of a better show currently on the air than Friday Night Lights, I'd love to hear it.

i've cut down on a lot of the tv i watch, but i agree that friday night lights is one of the best shows on tv.

FNL is a great show. Until Lyla gets naked, it won't be my favorite though.

really, i can't decide who's hotter, lyla or tyra. it's pretty much whomever was on screen last.

Just moused down to the end of the page just in case there were uncovered spoilers.... I don't have DTV and am waiting for the show to hit NBC in early '09. My favorite show, filmed in Austin and oh-so-topical. Awesome; best show on TV hands down.

You can download all the episodes in HD and watch with media player on your pc

I really like Kitchen Nightmares right now. It makes me appreciate having a wife that cooks 3 meals per day. I f'king HATE going out to eat !

Edited by theeohiostate

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
Season finale tonight...probably series finale. FNL is a great show. But with everyone graduating, I don't see it coming back unless they pull a 90210 and follow everyone to college.

So long Lyla and Tyra. Thanks for the wood. :wacko:

Apologies if there is another FNL thread going; I must have missed it in my search.

In any event, FNL is back for another two years (13 episodes per year). Same deal as this year, first on DirecTV and then on NBC. And with Season 3 just concluding (without spoiling anything for those who waited for the NBC airing and are behind on their TiVo), I'm wondering if anyone has any thoughts about what might happen next year. I do, but I'll shut up and listen first.

2V

Season finale tonight...probably series finale. FNL is a great show. But with everyone graduating, I don't see it coming back unless they pull a 90210 and follow everyone to college.

So long Lyla and Tyra. Thanks for the wood. :wacko:

I thought the same thing, but as we found out (and based on post below), it doesn't appear to be the case.

I will definitely miss the original "kids", but I'm sure we'll grow to love who they give us in future seasons.

Apologies if there is another FNL thread going; I must have missed it in my search.

In any event, FNL is back for another two years (13 episodes per year). Same deal as this year, first on DirecTV and then on NBC. And with Season 3 just concluding (without spoiling anything for those who waited for the NBC airing and are behind on their TiVo), I'm wondering if anyone has any thoughts about what might happen next year. I do, but I'll shut up and listen first.

2V

Awesome, but... :D ... maybe I need to switch back to DirecTV.

As for next season,

I'm not sure Coach Taylor will actually coach the East Dillon team. I can see something happening to the hotshot at Dillon, perhaps the McCoy kid realizes that Coach Taylor brought out the best in him and gets his Dad to get Taylor back.

Easily the best show on TV. The wife and I are hooked on a few other shows, but none get anywhere close to evoking the same emotions. In fact, I don't recall a show ever that has. Blend in the fact it's filmed in my backyard (and one of these days, darnit, me and/or the wife will be an extra!).... just amazing television. May be the first series I buy the DVDs to.

As for next season,

I'm not sure Coach Taylor will actually coach the East Dillon team. I can see something happening to the hotshot at Dillon, perhaps the McCoy kid realizes that Coach Taylor brought out the best in him and gets his Dad to get Taylor back.

i think they'll stick with the east dillon thing for at least a whole season, if anything because conflict is good, and it's a good way to introduce new characters.

i think they'll stick with the east dillon thing for at least a whole season, if anything because conflict is good, and it's a good way to introduce new characters.

Agreed on the new characters bit. You can't expect a new school to contend immediately, plus usually if a new school opens they let the seniors finish up at the old school and populate the new school with underclassmen so East Dillon's squad will be players who should be around for both of the next two seasons. I think Matt comes back as a QB coach (and maintain his relationship with the coach's daughter) and gets to work with a kid who has been brought up through the Dillon system but was shoved aside for JD McCoy and has a chip on his shoulder. Smash had a little brother, didn't he? He might not be old enough to play yet, though. Maybe there's an illegitimate Riggins out there as well. Can't wait to see which side Buddy Garrity winds up on; Joe McCoy is taking his spot as the financial juice behind Dillon football, and Buddy no longer has the scratch to compete. I could see him jumping to the other side.

Should be interesting.

Agreed on the new characters bit. You can't expect a new school to contend immediately, plus usually if a new school opens they let the seniors finish up at the old school and populate the new school with underclassmen so East Dillon's squad will be players who should be around for both of the next two seasons. I think Matt comes back as a QB coach (and maintain his relationship with the coach's daughter) and gets to work with a kid who has been brought up through the Dillon system but was shoved aside for JD McCoy and has a chip on his shoulder. Smash had a little brother, didn't he? He might not be old enough to play yet, though. Maybe there's an illegitimate Riggins out there as well. Can't wait to see which side Buddy Garrity winds up on; Joe McCoy is taking his spot as the financial juice behind Dillon football, and Buddy no longer has the scratch to compete. I could see him jumping to the other side.

Should be interesting.

Yeah, i was going to mention Saracen joining whatever staff Taylor heads up. They didn't have time in the finale to really address his changing his mind to stay.

I don't think Smash had a little brother.... he haa a younger sister I believe. :wacko:

And :D @ an illegitimate Riggins. That wouldn't be a shock.

Definitely see Buddy sticking with Coach Taylor. Speaking of him, my wife saw him walking from his car to a bar/restaurant by her work last week. She rolled down her window and yelled "heyyyy Buddy Garrity!!!". He smiled and waved back. :D

Edited by darin3