[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

us automakers pardoned

dmarc117

That's the final straw. :wacko:

Runaway spending, immigration reform, kissing Ted Kennedy's rear end on education, prescription drug plan, NCLB, ..........

I can't defend this any more.

The first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem........... :D

That's the final straw. :wacko:

Runaway spending, immigration reform, kissing Ted Kennedy's rear end on education, prescription drug plan, NCLB, ..........

I can't defend this any more.

The first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem.......... :D

I tried to think of some smart-ass thing to say, but we are all in the same boat here. The situation is dire enough that every American should be worried, despite WHOMEVER you voted for. :D

Edited by cre8tiff

this does bother me, but i think it had to be done. any other time i'd say f no, but this economy is on the brink. a huge flood of possible job losses from the big 3 going under could have dire consequences on the country.

I agree. But the Big 3 are going under anyway unless very drastic changes are made. Not sure the union will allow the changes.

I agree. But the Big 3 are going under anyway unless very drastic changes are made. Not sure the union will allow the changes.

Anyone driving a foreign car should be viewed as a traitor and treated accordingly. Too harsh for Obama to enact???

this does bother me, but i think it had to be done. any other time i'd say f no, but this economy is on the brink. a huge flood of possible job losses from the big 3 going under could have dire consequences on the country.

the economy is shedding jobs right now, because we're in a pretty ugly recession. I don't see why the government should protect certain economically unsustainable jobs, while letting millions of others dissappear unceremoniously, simply because they are union jobs and because those particular companies are really big and spent $100 million in lobbying.

This pisses me off to no end. Once again those that have kept their affairs in order have to pay for those that can't get their head out of their ass.

I have this sick burning feeling in the pit of my somach. I hate them all so bad.

when I wore my first dressing stealing from me every god damned day of my life so they can prop up these failed schemes just so I can have it all taken away from me and die is poverty.

when I wore my first dressers. Every last one of them. Worthless when I wore my first dressers.

Edited by Kid Cid

This pisses me off to no end. Once again those that have kept their affairs in order have to pay for those that can't get their head out of their ass.

I have this sick burning feeling in the pit of my somach. I hate them all so bad.

when I wore my first dressing stealing from me every god damned day of my life so they can prop up these failed schemes just so I can have it all taken away from me and die is poverty.

when I wore my first dressers. Every last one of them. Worthless when I wore my first dressers.

so u like to dress in ladies under pants?

the economy is shedding jobs right now, because we're in a pretty ugly recession. I don't see why the government should protect certain economically unsustainable jobs, while letting millions of others dissappear unceremoniously, simply because they are union jobs and because those particular companies are really big and spent $100 million in lobbying.

dont get me wrong here, i hate this bailout and every other bailout that has happened. but, sadly we need them. the economy is so intertwined and dependent on all of us. it bugs me to no end that people that were not accountable and irresponsible have been bailed out. but i feel that the alternative could be much much worse.

I think that a bailout needed to be done; but this particular one is useless IMHO since most of the requirements that the companies have to meet are "targets" there is no accountability built into it.

If the auto making industry were not so important to our national security, they should go out of business ... since the union workers dug their own graves!!

I don't think that 17 billion is all that much in the grand scheme of things. Looks to me like more of a handout to get them through the holidays----kinda like Grandma sending you a check for Christmas for 300 bucks and you take it and buy your kids presents.

It's just money........we'll make more.

Edited by Skilly

I think that a bailout needed to be done; but this particular one is useless IMHO since most of the requirements that the companies have to meet are "targets" there is no accountability built into it.

Right, for all Bush's reassurances about "conditions", I think we all know by now that its a bunch of BS.

This is like a band-aid on a diseased arm. The unions and all the gross inefficiency/high $ they demand, political ties etc aren't going anywhere so at most it buys a little time. I don't buy that the domestic cars are so much worse than the foreign ones, esp nowdays with "domestic" cars built in Japan and foreign ones built in Calif etc etc.

dont get me wrong here, i hate this bailout and every other bailout that has happened. but, sadly we need them.

disagree completely. some past government bailouts I could get on board with. like if there's one specific kind of crisis in one little sector threating to tank the whole economy (like the liquidity crisis in the credit markets), OK, I can see government action to prevent it. when the major airlines were all broke in the aftermath of 9-11, OK, I can see why it's in the country's interests for the government to prevent them all from going under. but the auto industry has been slowly killing itself for DECADES, with bad business decisions, bad marketing, really bad labor deals, and so on. they have gotten where they are by a consistent, unrelenting suckiness in almost every aspect of business. they aren't being drowned by some unforeseeable tsunami of events, they have simply been methodically destroyed by superior competition in the marketplace. bailing them out accomplishes very little toward the health of the overall economy.

I don't buy that the domestic cars are so much worse than the foreign ones, esp nowdays with "domestic" cars built in Japan and foreign ones built in Calif etc etc.

Nor me, but the hugh costs added to the big three cars through the ridiculous pension and bennies schemes are throttling them. Personally, I think they should just file for bankruptcy and be done with it. We don't need GM, et al - we need cars is all.