[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

So what will it be ?

isleseeya

We've got some pretty cool wine flights lined up at the restaurant, so I'll be sampling them. Probably fire open some Gosset Champagne at midnight to share with the staff.

I love working NYE. We do two seatings and offer set menus at both so it's pretty smooth. Nearly everyone here are regulars and good people to boot, so it's like you're just partying with them. I end up mostly talking to the customers about wine choices which is pretty fun. You end up nursing drinks the whole night so you're just a bit buzzed the whole time, which is nice. Only, you wake up the next day feeling fine and with some money in the bank.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand. I left the east coast to find my true home and my family was not happy about it. It's a tough decision.

+another, left sunny SoCal for Texas. Granted, Austin's closer to my wife's family in Baton Rouge, but my parents/sister back in California were bummed. Fortunately, I get home quite a bit for work so it's like I never left. :D Heck, I probably see my parents more on a monthly work schedule than I did when I was living there. :wacko:

We're having a small party with only neighbors (read: no driving). We'll have beer: Deschutes Black Butte Porter and Mirror Pond and some pilsner thing. Svedna and Monopolova vodkas. Ancient whiskey something. And a mixed case of wine.

This helped me make my decision for lunch today. Off to the Deschutes brewpub....again.

I think I'll start off tonight drinking pinot but then I'll get crazy and mix it up a bit - Tempranillo!

Having a few people over. Bought a half gallon of vodka, half gallon of Capt. Morgan, some tonic, coke, ginger ale, 12-pack of Leini's 1880 bock (never tried it), 12-pack of Magic Hat #9 and some Flying Dog varieties.

Oh and some type of Mango mixer for the wifey.

Having a few people over. Bought a half gallon of vodka, half gallon of Capt. Morgan, some tonic, coke, ginger ale, 12-pack of Leini's 1880 bock (never tried it), 12-pack of Magic Hat #9 and some Flying Dog varieties.

Oh and some type of Mango mixer for the wifey.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight... :wacko:

Edited by darin3

Probably Gin and Tonic. It's the universal drink. Sapphire with diet tonic and extra lime. Yummy.

One New Year's I tied a pretty good one on with cream soda made with Stoli Vanilla, ginger ale and a splash of coke..or something like that.

I'm favoring less sweet stuff nowadays as I'm convinced there's less of a price to pay the next day.

I enjoyed living in Seattle, but I don't know if we'll ever leave Portland. The town just rocks.

If you listen to country music, my best friend from high school (and still very close friend) is Mike Chase from the Mike and Amy show at The Wolf.

Was born there....too rainy for me. I like to tan, not rust.

Probably Gin and Tonic. It's the universal drink. Sapphire with diet tonic and extra lime. Yummy.

One New Year's I tied a pretty good one on with cream soda made with Stoli Vanilla, ginger ale and a splash of coke..or something like that.

I'm favoring less sweet stuff nowadays as I'm convinced there's less of a price to pay the next day.

I've found this as well. Stoli and soda water for me. Btw, it took me a while to figure out that tonic has a lot of sugar.