[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

keggerz

Aaron Pierce is brack!!!!!! I thought he was the best SS guy and now he's in the new 24. Gotta love the way this season is turning out. Who can you trust if you can't trust Mr. Pierce.

now I am waiting for them to bring Mike back in

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

also, i want someone else to back me up on this. watch whenever someone has a cell phone up to his/her ear on this show. halfway through the conversation, the person will dramatically switch the phone from one ear to the other. is this a trick they teach in acting school? i'm serious. when i use a phone, i talk on only one side. if i use the other side, it feels unnatural. of all the things to criticize about this show, i know this is pretty insignificant, but i do find it curious. it's like whenever someone is wearing glasses, the only reason they have them on is so they can dramatically pull them off and yell, "get me the president!"

Some quick hits:

I am skeptical about Sean being able to issue a federal warrant with out giving any kind of credentials that would cite/link who it was issued by...

I don't expect anyone here to know the federal protocol, but doesn't this seem fairly unlikely?

More on Sean - Seeing a repetition in criminal patterns from Season 1... if you need an excuse for being suspicious... have an affair.

Glad Pierce is back, definitely one of the shows strongest characters - but would like to see some more of Tony. I feel like he made his bang to get viewers back and has since faded out of the story...

Overall, very pleased with the direction it's heading. Can't wait to keep moving up the villain food chain to find out who is really pulling all of the strings.

question: is the FBI more or less disfunctional than CTU? discuss.

I have to go with the FBI here.

Let's look at the list of CTU directors...

Hmm... I would have to say every single one of them, with the exception of Lynn McGill had a better handle on CTU than Larry Moss.

Lynn was responsible for the nerve gas killing 40% of CTU because of his crazy drug addicted sister stealing his clearance card, and then he sacrificed his own life to save everyone else.

I think every single one of these directors had moles in CTU and for the most part actively knew there were moles, the difference is they tried to flush them out or at least monitor it. Larry Moss is so overwhelmed right now he's locked himself in his office.

Also unlike Larry, every single one of these directors was willing to bend the rules to get the job done. For some reason, Larry has failed to realize they're in a national crisis that needs whatever means necessary.

Edited by kpholmes

Some quick hits:

I am skeptical about Sean being able to issue a federal warrant with out giving any kind of credentials that would cite/link who it was issued by...

I don't expect anyone here to know the federal protocol, but doesn't this seem fairly unlikely?

More on Sean - Seeing a repetition in criminal patterns from Season 1... if you need an excuse for being suspicious... have an affair.

Glad Pierce is back, definitely one of the shows strongest characters - but would like to see some more of Tony. I feel like he made his bang to get viewers back and has since faded out of the story...

Overall, very pleased with the direction it's heading. Can't wait to keep moving up the villain food chain to find out who is really pulling all of the strings.

I have to go with the FBI here.

Let's look at the list of CTU directors...

Hmm... I would have to say every single one of them, with the exception of Lynn McGill had a better handle on CTU than Larry Moss.

Lynn was responsible for the nerve gas killing 40% of CTU because of his crazy drug addicted sister stealing his clearance card, and then he sacrificed his own life to save everyone else.

I think every single one of these directors had moles in CTU and for the most part actively knew there were moles, the difference is they tried to flush them out or at least monitor it. Larry Moss is so overwhelmed right now he's locked himself in his office.

Also unlike Larry, every single one of these directors was willing to bend the rules to get the job done. For some reason, Larry has failed to realize they're in a national crisis that needs whatever means necessary.

Good stuff. The best part of this episode was finally seeing the much anticipated "showdown" between Chloe and Janis. This will make for great head-to-head story lines the rest of the season.

I'm getting the feeling that CTU, or a new form of it, will be resurrected with Larry being either A.The man in a constant "moral" battle with Bill or B. Bill being the man with Larry an on-field agent teamed with Jack.

Whatever the outcome, some good stuff so far.

i'm surprised that it hasn't come up yet that jack killed dubako's brother in sengala (from the 2 hour movie prior to the season). i would assume at some point that dubako will become aware that the one who is tracking him is the same guy who killed his brother. if he decides to stay back to beeyotch slap his girlfriend who betrayed him, who knows what he will do to get the dude that off'ed his bro.

entertainment weekly had a story on "24," and it referenced a late-season scene in which jack calls out to tony. (i guess that technically that's a spoiler, but it didn't say what they were doing.) also,

jon voight reprises his role from the 2-hour movie as the guy who's supposedly leading the whole conspiracy.

i'm surprised that it hasn't come up yet that jack killed dubako's brother in sengala (from the 2 hour movie prior to the season). i would assume at some point that dubako will become aware that the one who is tracking him is the same guy who killed his brother. if he decides to stay back to beeyotch slap his girlfriend who betrayed him, who knows what he will do to get the dude that off'ed his bro.

jack and dubaku never met face to face, though. and i'm not sure that dubaku ever knew jack's name, did he? (unless you're saying that it's a plot point the writers haven't exploited, which could still happen.) i'm betting dubaku will be out of the way soon, though. the pattern with "24" has been that there's one crisis, which they solve, but which leads to a bigger crisis, which they solve, but which gives way to the ultimate crisis. the first crisis was dubaku. the second is ferreting out the conspirators in the government. the third is probably taking down the head conspirator.

entertainment weekly had a story on "24," and it referenced a late-season scene in which jack calls out to tony. (i guess that technically that's a spoiler, but it didn't say what they were doing.) also,

jon voight reprises his role from the 2-hour movie as the guy who's supposedly leading the whole conspiracy.

jack and dubaku never met face to face, though. and i'm not sure that dubaku ever knew jack's name, did he? (unless you're saying that it's a plot point the writers haven't exploited, which could still happen.) i'm betting dubaku will be out of the way soon, though. the pattern with "24" has been that there's one crisis, which they solve, but which leads to a bigger crisis, which they solve, but which gives way to the ultimate crisis. the first crisis was dubaku. the second is ferreting out the conspirators in the government. the third is probably taking down the head conspirator.

#4- Jack stabs FBI Chick repeatly in the mouth with blunt instrument :wacko:

Last night was pretty intense, best show yet in my eyes.

i liked the end when jack was sitting on those steps looking at the sunrise over the washington monument, smiling and thinking, it took me only TEN hours this time, muthaf**kas! and then tony had to ruin everything.

i liked the end when jack was sitting on those steps looking at the sunrise over the washington monument, smiling and thinking, it took me only TEN hours this time, muthaf**kas! and then tony had to ruin everything.

I was actually not pleased with the last ten minutes at all.

They're usually very good about transitioning into higher threats smoothly... this was very abrupt and... forced.

"Ah, glad we're done." "Jack - We're not done. There's an even BIGGER threat. In WASHINGTON!"

I just rolled my eyes thinking - give me a break.

On another note however... Tony was acting especially dark and possibly deceptive.

They're usually very good about transitioning into higher threats smoothly... this was very abrupt and... forced.

"Ah, glad we're done." "Jack - We're not done. There's an even BIGGER threat. In WASHINGTON!"

On another note however... Tony was acting especially dark and possibly deceptive.

+1

this is where the train starts coming off the track. i'm not sure anything can compete with the intensity of the show up until this point. now the threats start getting more hugh and the absurdity of it all happening in one day starts crashing through. arms troops invade the white house?

:wacko:

but full credit to the show up til now. fantastic stuff. i also felt that the end was abrupt and forced. in only a few short hours tony tracked down an even bigger threat than the one he was directly a part of? to happen on the same day in the next 2 hours? << sigh >>

i'll still watch and will get into it again, but i have to ramp back up ...

I dunno...

I had thought that Colonel Dubaku's boss would get involved at some point. With the Senator's Chief of Staff having a direct line to him, it will be really interesting to see how this plays out...especially considering that all of the conspirators Dubaku worked with are now exposed

I'm still waiting for the much anticipated (at least for me) showdown between Chloe and Janis. Would like to see some more character development for Renee.

I still think they all get lumped together as a new team, either as a upstart agency, CTU renewed or they all work as a covert agency.

I still think they all get lumped together as a new team, either as a upstart agency, CTU renewed or they all work as a covert agency.

I could see them lumping everyone into the FBI - I don't think they'll go as far as saying they've created a new division.

Then again, the FBI's entire database was deleted - was it not?

I said to myself, there is no way Chloe would waste the opportunity to get the data off that disk. No way. I said to myself either she already set up a mirror or she locked out that format possibilty. Earlier, she stated that the design was stupid so I knew she would not depend on it when it counted.

Chloe 1 FBI geeks 0

That was a solid showdown.

Also, I didn't think Eubaku was still going to be there when they finished freeing the girl from the car. I thought to myself, the old Jake would have shot him in the knees before going back for the girl. I guess he knew he wasn't going anywhere.

Man I love this show. Second, half should be smokin.

However, I do feel that taking over the White House while in lock down is a VERY BIG stretch. Even with inside help. Actually especially more difficult to stomach when they know the Gov is compromised. I'll give the writers some rope with this one but that is a pretty big gamble IMO.

Edited by Cowboyz1

However, I do feel that taking over the White House while in lock down is a VERY BIG stretch. Even with inside help.

Yea, but who's running the lockdown? Bill Buchanan, correct? He was teamed up with Tony. Who seemed a little iffy there at the end... :wacko:

Edited by BillyBalata