[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

California is super

isleseeya

According to recent speech by Gov Arnold , he cited the below :

As you know, California, if a nation, would be the sixth largest economy in the world. But it goes so much beyond that. According to The Economist magazine, California is home to three of the top six universities in the world. California has more Nobel Laureates, more scientists, more engineers more researchers, more high-Tech companies than any other state. We are responsible for one of every four U.S. patents. We account for one of every five U.S. technology jobs. We attract almost half of all U.S. venture capital, which funds the ideas and industries of the future. California leads the nation in biotechnology. We lead the nation in nanotechnology. We lead the nation in medical technology. We lead the nation in information technology. And we will soon be recognized as the leader in clean technology.

He did not indicate which 3 colleges in California are recognized as home of 3 of the top Universities in the world ? anyone know which ones they are ?

He also did not mention that the State of California has gone from a $20B surplus to a $40B deficit in less than 6 years. Also, people who overpaid in state taxes will receive an IOU from the state. I would immediately zero out all of my state tax with holdings and at the end of the year, send them my IOU to them.

I was just there the last two days and a bunch of our customers were pissed.

He also did not mention that the State of California has gone from a $20B surplus to a $40B deficit in less than 6 years. Also, people who overpaid in state taxes will receive an IOU from the state. I would immediately zero out all of my state tax with holdings and at the end of the year, send them my IOU to them.

I hadn't heard about the IOU's. Un-bull-lievable. :wacko: I would be clubbing the nearest smelly hippie that has never worked a day in their life as retribution.

This says the budget shortfall is $16.5 billion.

President Bush inherited a budget surplus of $128 billion when he took office in 2001 but has since posted a budget deficit every year.

$482 billion defiicit for 09.

I'd rather get an IOU than go further in debt to the Chinese.

Edited by Randall