[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Weird 1980's Toys

darin3

There was a Hot Wheels display in the grocery store, and I tried to explain to the Sheikette how I played with them. She didn't know that they're not self-powered and you had to roll them down inclines or just keep a finger on them to keep them moving. I explained the proper progression of playing with Hot Wheels:

1. Have 2 cars drive side by side.

2. Have them driving in opposite directions, but in their own lanes

3. Have them play Hot Wheels Chicken with one car veering out of the way just in time

4. Hot Wheels demolition derby

11. Winging Hot Wheels against a concrete wall as hard as possible.

Good times. . .good times.

yeah right...I used to have challenge tournaments...

...smash them into one another and the one that flips on its back 1st is done...

this can keep a 5 yo busy for hours :wacko:

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JARTS were a lot of fun. But, get hit in the head with one of these (it almost happened a few times in my yard) and you are doin' coloring books the rest of your life! :D

Johnny Astro was one of my most absolute favorite toys as a kid. :wacko:

Edit to add:

Wham-O Air Blaster . This thing would shoot a "ball" (actually a doughnut or ring of air. Just like the smoke ring that smoker do) of invisible air. Inside, it would get way out there. I used to shoot it at the ladies with "big hair" at my parents cocktail parties. Pretty funny. My dad, who also had a science background, blew some smoke from a cig into it after I cocked it. One of the "cool" things I ever saw was a giant smoke ring fly across the room! Very cool toy! :D

Edited by McBoog