[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Future movie remakes

Riffraff

A few thoughts:

1. I can't believe that the movie industry is so totally out of ideas that they're willing to remake movies that aren't even 30 years old rather than go out and look for new and innovative writers and directors. The big Hollywood companies would rather bet that people will shell out their money for rehashed mediocrity than gamble on something new and outside the mold. It's really sad.

2. This is the epitome of why independent film is superior to mainstream Hollywood.

3. I saw many of these films in the theater, and even remember who I went with. Holy crap I feel old.

uhh, oh, my point is, I think parents would enjoy sharing something with their kids that they enjoyed, but I doubt those outdated movies would appeal to kids these days.

My dad sat me down and watched the Marx Brothers' Animal Crackers when I was 10 years old. I think the experience would have sucked if it was watching Dana Carvey and Mike Myers re-enacting that classic.

What I'm trying to say is, I'd rather sit my kid down and show him "Wax on, wax off" the old fashioned way. . . wait a minute. :wacko:

So which commie's are they going to fight in the new Red Dawn?

It'll be Al Qaeda

And I just read they are finally getting new traction on the A-Team movie, with a Summer 2010 release date, though no details on casting have been made (though I heard a rumor they were going to try go with Denzel for Hannibal)

A few thoughts:

1. I can't believe that the movie industry is so totally out of ideas that they're willing to remake movies that aren't even 30 years old rather than go out and look for new and innovative writers and directors. The big Hollywood companies would rather bet that people will shell out their money for rehashed mediocrity than gamble on something new and outside the mold. It's really sad.

2. This is the epitome of why independent film is superior to mainstream Hollywood.

3. I saw many of these films in the theater, and even remember who I went with. Holy crap I feel old.

:wacko::D:D

The atmosphere on independent feature film sets is also drastically different than a main stream Hollywood film set. Its night and day really and I'd much rather work on an indie film.

Edited by tazinib1

ugh, I hate Denzel.

If they wanted to go with a black guy, it should've been Fishburne.

I don't like Denzel, especially if they go with the campy action of the TV series.

I think we had a thread on this maybe 18 months ago or so when the movie was first gaining traction about the cast.

I remember the Jim Carrey for murdock was brought up and I think Michael Duncan Clarke as BA. I forget some of the others mentioned for those roles as well as for Hannibal and Faceman.

:wacko::D:D

The atmosphere on independent feature film sets is also drastically different than a main stream Hollywood film set. Its night and day really and I'd much rather work on an indie film.

Yeah, well that having been said, I do loves me some X-Men movies. . .and Ironman.