[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Roger Clemens an Astro!!

justin

Down Goes Frazia:

PopeFlick4:

How will Clemons succeed now that he has to actually bat, and face retribution?

good point. He'll have to face Piazza & the Mets quite a few times this year. thinking

not to mention the cracker-box of a ball park that he'll be pitching in.

Both Piazza and the Mets had there chance to take a shot at Clemmons, and they completely pussied out. Why should next time be any different?

Clubfoothead:

PopeFlick4:

I'm not a big fan of his after he left college, but he's no whimp and he's not scared to head-hunt. Probably not a smart idea to throw at him. HE's not scared to head hunt because he's always pitched in the AL. We'll see how willing he is then....

PopeFlick4:

Clubfoothead:

PopeFlick4:

I'm not a big fan of his after he left college, but he's no whimp and he's not scared to head-hunt. Probably not a smart idea to throw at him.
HE's not scared to head hunt because he's always pitched in the AL. We'll see how willing he is then.... What is someone going to go after him 1st? Better hit him in the pie hole then...

Clubfoothead:

What is someone going to go after him 1st?  Better hit him in the pie hole then...

Nnnooooo, although I wouldn't mind it.

Will he be as likely to throw his bean ball, now knowing that he can be retaliated against, and not be able to hide behind the dh like before? thinking shrug

good for the stros! they have been on the fringe for a little while. it's nice to see them acquire pettite and clemons. a quality team with character.

as for clemons' approach.... dan patrick asked him if he would change his style now that he has to bat several times a game... he said no.... he feels it's the batter's responsiblity to get out of the way once he throws his pitch..... we'll see just how often and how long he hold that strategy.

personally i think he is a *****, but still has talent.....

Clubfoothead:

Vinatieri Is God:

No wonder no one has any respect for the guy.

thinking I'm just guessing but you might have had some respect for him from maybe 1984-1996 and this lack of respect gbegan around 1999? wink You're close. I guess I should have said no one has any respect for him anymore. He spent his last two years with the Sox bitching about Dan Duquette and pitched poorly. Most fans figured he was simply winding dowen his career and wasn't that good anymore. Then he proceeded to tell anyone who would listen that he wasn't leaving for the money and wanted to play for a chance to win the World Series. He then took the highest offer to go play for an awful Blue Jays team that finished last in each of his three seasons. And to top it off, he wins 2 Cy Youngs in that time proving that he is still a very good pitcher and was tanking his last two years in Boston out of spite. Had he pitched as well in Boston for those two years they might have won a title. That's why I have no respect for him. As much as I also hate the fact he went to the %&$* Yankees, at least he finally was true to his word about playing for a World Series title. And now after all the ovations, all the talk about his last pitch and last inning, blah, blah, blah..(he got a standing ovation in Boston for Crissakes) he's decided that being home all the time with 4 kids is too much to handle. What a baby.

good point. He'll have to face Piazza & the Mets quite a few times this year. 

not to mention the cracker-box of a ball park that he'll be pitching in.

I have heard reports that his contract says he doesn't have to go on all the road trips. I bet NY is one of those cities. Clemens is a clown.

Vinatieri Is God:

He spent his last two years with the Sox bitching about Dan Duquette and pitched poorly.  Most fans figured he was simply winding dowen his career and wasn't that good anymore.  Then he proceeded to tell anyone who would listen that he wasn't leaving for the money and wanted to play for a chance to win the World Series.  He then took the highest offer to go play for an awful Blue Jays team that finished last in each of his three seasons.  And to top it off, he wins 2 Cy Youngs in that time proving that he is still a very good pitcher and was tanking his last two years in Boston out of spite.  Had he pitched as well in Boston for those two years they might have won a title.

F Clemens. There's nothing I hate more than people whining about playing in Boston. Go find a better team, with more devoted fans. Good riddance to quitters.

On a slightly related note... did anyone notice that in a Futurama episode, in the Blurnsball Hall of Fame, Wade Boggs was wearing a Red Sox hat? Was that wishful thinking?