[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

My daughter...

rocknrobn26

OK, people, here is the story: I have "known" RR for about seven years here. He has welcomed my wife and me into his home where we enjoyed a lovely time with him, his wife and his mom (and even his dog). If I had thought for two seconds that RR was actually going to take offense at what I said, I never would have said it--because I certainly didn't mean it how he interpreted it.

Godspeed to your daughter, RR.

I'm sorry.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing to add on Panama, but my wife and I spent two weeks in Costa Rica, primarily on the Osa Penninsula and it was amazing. We stayed at a place called the Iguana Lodge just outside of the main city on the Golfo Dulce side of things( I forget the name of the city) that was beautiful. Super low key, relatively affordable, with great cabinas built on stilts right on the beach and borderline gourmet meals. At the time it was like $70 per person inclusive but that wasn't all that long ago. They were also able to arrange some insane tours for us where we were out in the middle of nowhere absailing waterfalls and climbing up into trees with monkeys. We met this lesbian couple there and just went on a ton of adventures like this with them. Ultimately we hired a guide to hike us through the Corcovado Rain forest (where we saw 4 species of monkeys and crazy tucans, etc.) and we camped at a hostel in the middle of the forest. The guide even took us on a full moon hike looking for caymans and other crazy chight. Very cool. Next day, we chartered a motor boat from the beach to the Drake Bay side of things for a while. Cool, but not nearly as cool as the other side.

Osa is def. where it's at as far as Costa Rica if you're not looking for the huge hotel on the beach deal. Also, completely safe. Again, at least in 2000 when we were there.

Edited by detlef

OK, people, here is the story: I have "known" RR for about seven years here. He has welcomed my wife and me into his home where we enjoyed a lovely time with him, his wife and his mom (and even his dog). If I had thought for two seconds that RR was actually going to take offense at what I said, I never would have said it--because I certainly didn't mean it how he interpreted it.

I'm sorry.

smooth move, dumbass.

:wacko:

I'm sorry.

First you call his daughter a dumbass, now you're saying he over-reacted. Nice, remind me never to welcome you into my home. Did you happen to kick his dog while you were there?

Edited by Hugh 0ne

:D I guess I need a new pair of glasses.

Gawd-danged wiegie....with all the thick horn-rimmed glasses with the tape in the middle he owns and he didn't even offer rr ONE pair when he asked nicely. Bad form, dumbass. :wacko:

that is wiegie's specialty. remember when he said he hoped h8tank's daughter got sick and missed christmas? dude is just cold.

:wacko: So true. I remember when I met Wiegie and asked him to watch my

...I am actually literally shocked that RR would think that I just up and called his daughter a dumbass. :D

Very true. Sorry for that. I should have considered the source, MORE than the words.

I'm sorry.

Thank you, and would be glad to have you again...anytime! If I'd have used this> :wacko: for a reply instead of what I wrote, the whole thing would have gone a very different route.

Peace to you, Bro.

I once asked wiegie to watch my beer while I went to take a leak. He broke the bottle over the bar and stabbed me 264 times in the chest. As I was passing out, I fell towards him and he beat me in the head with his Laffer Curve for Dummies book he carries everywhere and began mocking me for believing that increasing the rate of taxation always increase the tax revenue. I believe he then killed a baby seal and began hitting me in the nuts over and over with the baby seal carcass screaming about how he's killed 58 lesser men with nothing but his protractor but it was kind of blurry by then. I then started quoting Heritage Foundation statistics and he held a pair of open scissors to my thumb and dared me to say one more word. He then threw my body in the ditch outside the bar and said to pray to Adam Smith for his forgiveness. I still remember seeing a silhouette walking off in the distance shaking his head muttering about them kids....it's always them stupid kids.

I once asked wiegie to watch my beer while I went to take a leak. He broke the bottle over the bar and stabbed me 264 times in the chest. As I was passing out, I fell towards him and he beat me in the head with his Laffer Curve for Dummies book he carries everywhere and began mocking me for believing that increasing the rate of taxation always increase the tax revenue. I believe he then killed a baby seal and began hitting me in the nuts over and over with the baby seal carcass screaming about how he's killed 58 lesser men with nothing but his protractor but it was kind of blurry by then. I then started quoting Heritage Foundation statistics and he held a pair of open scissors to my thumb and dared me to say one more word. He then threw my body in the ditch outside the bar and said to pray to Adam Smith for his forgiveness. I still remember seeing a silhouette walking off in the distance shaking his head muttering about them kids....it's always them stupid kids.

Did those numbers account for inflation? :wacko:

Very true. Sorry for that. I should have considered the source, MORE than the words.

Thank you, and would be glad to have you again...anytime! If I'd have used this> :wacko: for a reply instead of what I wrote, the whole thing would have gone a very different route.

Peace to you, Bro.

Can we still make fun of wiegie? :D

Nothing to add on Panama, but my wife and I spent two weeks in Costa Rica, primarily on the Osa Penninsula and it was amazing. We stayed at a place called the Iguana Lodge just outside of the main city on the Golfo Dulce side of things( I forget the name of the city) that was beautiful. Super low key, relatively affordable, with great cabinas built on stilts right on the beach and borderline gourmet meals. At the time it was like $70 per person inclusive but that wasn't all that long ago. They were also able to arrange some insane tours for us where we were out in the middle of nowhere absailing waterfalls and climbing up into trees with monkeys. We met this lesbian couple there and just went on a ton of adventures like this with them. Ultimately we hired a guide to hike us through the Corcovado Rain forest (where we saw 4 species of monkeys and crazy tucans, etc.) and we camped at a hostel in the middle of the forest. The guide even took us on a full moon hike looking for caymans and other crazy chight. Very cool. Next day, we chartered a motor boat from the beach to the Drake Bay side of things for a while. Cool, but not nearly as cool as the other side.

Osa is def. where it's at as far as Costa Rica if you're not looking for the huge hotel on the beach deal. Also, completely safe. Again, at least in 2000 when we were there.

Thanks, Def! Beaches and hiking are their faves. I'll pass this along.

:wacko: you never cease to amaze :D

I'm sorry.

:wacko:

Wiegie and I don't always agree, but he's good people.

I have to say I agree with Wedgie. RR's daughter would be quite shortsighted if she didn't get the shots. Some could say that being shortsighted is comparable to being a dumbass, some would say it's being stubborn, some would say it is plain old stupid.