[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

its starting....no one wants our worthless money anymore

dmarc117

NEW YORK (AP) -- Stocks lost ground after a weak auction of U.S. government debt stirred worries about how easily Washington will be able to raise money to fund its economic rescue program.

Investors gave an unexpectedly cool response to a $24 billion auction of 5-year Treasury notes Wednesday, which also sent prices for Treasurys lower.

:wacko:

Most European leaders are warning Obama not to try to spend his way out of this recession. So it stands to reason they wouldn't want to buy it, assuming they still have the money to do so.

These back-to-back weak govt bond auctions indicate a waning investor appetite for sovereign debt at such low interest rates. One conspiracy theory for the weak U.S. auction is that China deliberately held back ahead of G-20 meeting as part of an effort to assert its economic influence on the world recovery path. Regardless, the weaker demand indicates that investors are requiring a higher interest rate, which signifies a higher relative risk profile to the govt debt. This is weighing on stocks, as it signals that the govt's cost of capital is going up as its balance sheet is expanding. This higher cost of capital makes it more expensive to fund the deficit spending that is ramping up in a bid to bolster U.S. economic activity and the financial system. Going forward, these auctions, which used to have little impact on the broader market, will be closely watched to gauge investor appetite at the different maturity levels and yields. As such, tomorrow's $24 bln auction of 7-year notes now has a much higher level of importance and will be closely watched.

:wacko: NEW YORK (AP) -- Stocks lost ground after a weak auction of U.S. government debt stirred worries about how easily Washington will be able to raise money to fund its economic rescue program.

Investors gave an unexpectedly cool response to a $24 billion auction of 5-year Treasury notes Wednesday, which also sent prices for Treasurys lower.

And that is evidence that our $ is going to become "worthless"? :D

Edited by Jackass

:wacko: NEW YORK (AP) -- Stocks lost ground after a weak auction of U.S. government debt stirred worries about how easily Washington will be able to raise money to fund its economic rescue program.

And that is evidence that our $ is going to become "worthless" :D

Hey, lets keep spending more money we don't have.

Did you see the season finale from BSG yet? Kinda like that.

You are a bastard.

I have been waiting to watch the whole season on DVD when it comes out.

:grumble:

watch any movie about the impending end of the world

Bruce Willis will save the dollar with nothing but his drill bit and hawt daughter.

ETA: Hawt movie daughter...jeebus his kid in real life is f'ugly.

Edited by TimC

Bruce Willis will save the dollar with nothing but his drill bit and hawt daughter.

ETA: Hawt movie daughter...jeebus his kid in real life is f'ugly.

Apparently he already saved it, since the DOW finished up, despite our "worthless money". :wacko:

We really need knee-jerk, doom-and-gloom and viva la revolution graemlins around here. sure would saved the republitards quite a bit of typing. :D

Apparently he already saved it, since the DOW finished up, despite our "worthless money". :wacko:

We really need knee-jerk, doom-and-gloom and viva la revolution graemlins around here. sure would saved the republitards quite a bit of typing. :D

hey!...I'm not a my favorite party!....I'm strictly independent! :D

I voted for Obama and I felt he was the lesser of the two evils.....I mostly didn't want McCain in there....even though I didn't feel that Obama had the answer either....but the hit we're taking is a bit softer with Obama in office....IMO anyways...

cra8tin, why is it every post of yours seems a cut-n-paste of the same thing?

You could save us all a lot of time and simply ignore any threads not about video games, or gardening, or whatever else moranic thing you waste your time at.

You could save us all a lot of time and simply ignore any threads not about video games, or gardening, or whatever else moranic thing you waste your time at.

:wacko:

:wacko: If I ignored these threads, I'd miss all of your white-trash-eriffic comments like this one! :D