[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Strength in numbers

Front Row

As we can now see the constitution is under attack , along with your second amendment rights.

No matter how you feel about the NRA, if you value your freedom now is the time to be counted.More than ever before, no excuses; protect YOUR CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT.

Please forward this to anyone who is not already a member.

FREE NRA MEMBERSHIP

:wacko::D:D:D

Edited by Front Row

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Since...725am PST March 26, 2009. Good to know! :wacko:

You should watch the video. It's got some very interesting legal information regarding your 4th amendment rights.

And for the record, I did not find that video at 725am PST on March 26, 2009. Your perception, not my timeframe :D

It's always struck me as funny that people look the other way re the 4th amendment but now panties are in a wad over the second.

:D

That's something that I've NEVER understood. People only worry about the rights that directly affect them. Maybe we ARE too self-centered as a society to survive? :wacko:

You should watch the video. It's got some very interesting legal information regarding your 4th amendment rights.

And for the record, I did not find that video at 725am PST on March 26, 2009. Your perception, not my timeframe :wacko:

I actually got about 5 minutes into it and headed to work. I was surprised that it looked decently constructed for what might very well be a student project.

I wonder if we could send this to Jose Padilla?

From the article

“Here in Texas people like their firearms and … if they want to bring them to the workplace they are going to do it whether there’s an employee policy against it or not,” said state Sen. Glenn Hegar, R-Katy, the measure’s author. “This is designed to stop employers from punishing employees who legally bring weapons to work .”

Sort of stupid to think that someone cannot have a gun out of sight in a locked car. There's been plenty of times in the past that I have been going to the range or out hunting after work. We even used to run out to the range during lunch in Sacramento. This is a law that really means nothing one way or the other.

From the article

Sort of stupid to think that someone cannot have a gun out of sight in a locked car. There's been plenty of times in the past that I have been going to the range or out hunting after work. We even used to run out to the range during lunch in Sacramento. This is a law that really means nothing one way or the other.

True enough.

From the article

Agreed. Besides, Texas (or any other state) is free to do as it chooses when it comes to gun de/regulation. This has nothing to do with the 2nd Amendment; that's a leash on the Fed only.

From the article

Heard about that yesterday. :wacko: I may be on the fence in terms of certain gun issues, but this is ridiculous.

Couldn't agree more. Though what if the employer at issue is the federal government itself? :wacko:

That is an interesting question. I would assume the Federal Government is specifically governed by Federal law, no?

But then, an employer policy of "no guns at work" that could result in termination isn't a law, and breaking it doesn't incur a civil or criminal penalty.

That is an interesting question. I would assume the Federal Government is specifically governed by Federal law, no?

But then, an employer policy of "no guns at work" that could result in termination isn't a law, and breaking it doesn't incur a civil or criminal penalty.

Arguably a "no guns at work" policy infringes on your right to bear arms; at least your right to bear arms in the work place. And "the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." It doesn't say, "except in the workplace." Interesting hypo.

Arguably a "no guns at work" policy infringes on your right to bear arms; at least your right to bear arms in the work place. And "the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." It doesn't say, "except in the workplace." Interesting hypo.

:wacko:

So, are you saying that "the right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed" could be applied to a body outside of the Federal Government, including "unofficial" bodies such as corporations?

I'm not asking if you think it should be as much as I am asking if you are suggesting that the Constitutional protection against infringement could be interpreted as applying elsewhere than the Fed Gov.