[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Origins of Huddler Names?

cre8tiff

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:wacko: This is incorrect WRT to why I chose this name! When I first signed up I had no idea this show even existed. I had Wendy's for lunch that day.

Oh, and it's called Aqua Teen Hunger Force. :D

You're wrong, Big John is right. On both counts. :D

I think Square's use of terms like "cool cat" are what led to his screen name. :wacko:

:D You're not down with my hip jive? I guess cool cat makes me sound like a beatnik. I never really know what people think of me when you meet on forums. I'm really pretty normal (at least compared to you weirdos :D )

I met Vinatieri when he was in college (my bro played for SDSU). He was a cool cat back then. Might still be but who knows what money and fame will do to ya.

He was still normal when he was with the Pats. Not sure what living in Indy for a few years has done to him. Maybe he's a Bears fan also. :wacko:

Nothing special on mine.

A guy in one of leagues a while back used it as his team name. I always thought it was kinda funny so after going through some names on here, I went with that and it kind of stuck.

That said, I really would like to change the name. There are those who it offends. I'm not down with paying for a new membership just to have a different though.

DMD - any chance for a one time amnesty name change for anyone who wants to do one? If so, I wanna go with "Rusty" which is one of my real name nicknames. Can ya make this happen?

Nothing special on mine.

A guy in one of leagues a while back used it as his team name. I always thought it was kinda funny so after going through some names on here, I went with that and it kind of stuck.

That said, I really would like to change the name. There are those who it offends. I'm not down with paying for a new membership just to have a different though.

DMD - any chance for a one time amnesty name change for anyone who wants to do one? If so, I wanna go with "Rusty" which is one of my real name nicknames. Can ya make this happen?

So are you saying you are unaware of the sorority joke from which your name originates? :wacko:

Memphis Elite came my Freshman year in college. I played fantasy football for some serious money on my college campus. I end up winning about 2k that year and people started calling me Memphis Elite. Because I was from Memphis and I was Elite at what I was doing. My name would change now if I could because now I am called by some Memphis Elite U. I can take the worst team on a fantasy football team and tear it apart and make it a championship team on year 3. Where it will be a true dynasty to win multiple championships in a 4 to 5 year period. So in other words my name has aged with me. Makes me feel old writing this now.

What is the difference between a really smart dwarf and (insert the sorority you don't like here) track star?

One's a Cunning Runt...

Dang dude, that one is old as the hills.

I'd heard variations - just not that specific edition.

Wasn't sure what you were gonna throw at me.

Memphis Elite came my Freshman year in college. I played fantasy football for some serious money on my college campus. I end up winning about 2k that year and people started calling me Memphis Elite. Because I was from Memphis and I was Elite at what I was doing. My name would change now if I could because now I am called by some Memphis Elite U. I can take the worst team on a fantasy football team and tear it apart and make it a championship team on year 3. Where it will be a true dynasty to win multiple championships in a 4 to 5 year period. So in other words my name has aged with me. Makes me feel old writing this now.

You are so awesome that I just tattooed your name on my ass.

But your story does raise more questions than it answers:

1. Your name isn't Memphis Elite. It's loyalboyd. This makes the story of how you got the name "Memphis Elite" a little weird.

2. I've never heard of a human male ever giving anyone else a positive nickname for taking their money. If you took "serious money" away from your college freshman buddies, I'd bet your nickname was "fantasy dork" or "dicksmoker". Not because you are, but because people don't like losing money. I'm guessing that maybe nobody in your whole life has ever called you "Memphis Elite" out loud.

Did I ever tell you guys why my username here is Superior Awesomeness?

Edited by AtomicCEO

You are so awesome that I just tattooed your name on my ass.

But your story does raise more questions than it answers:

1. Your name isn't Memphis Elite. It's loyalboyd. This makes the story of how you got the name "Memphis Elite" a little weird.

2. I've never heard of a human male ever giving anyone else a positive nickname for taking their money. If you took "serious money" away from your college freshman buddies, I'd bet your nickname was "fantasy dork" or "dicksmoker". Not because you are, but because people don't like losing money. I'm guessing that maybe nobody in your whole life has ever called you "Memphis Elite" out loud.

Did I ever tell you guys why my username here is Superior Awesomeness?

:wacko:

Yep, DMD, please change his name to Rusty Trombone