[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Which is the best site to run a league

Henry Muto

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys are way too hard on Henry Muto :D

I've played in leagues with lots of dumb rules. Point per completion, 10 team leagues that start only 2 WR, non-ppr is totally lame IMO. There are even some guys here who start punters, ghey, and you're all making fun of his extra home team guy. It kind of funny just because there are lots of leagues with dumb, rules it doesn't mean you have to play in them.

I have played in lots of leagues for 1 year and either didn't like the rules or pay-out structure (some BOTH leagues included here) so I quit. I'd probably try the Muto home team rule but after I got screwed in the playoffs and lost by 2 points because the other team got to start an extra guy, I'd not be back.

Anyway I think its more fun to bash Irish and Taz than Mr. Muto. :D

Just my :wacko:

ETA- Fanball and RTS stink

Edited by Zooty

I am looking at 2 sites to run my fantasy leagues. I have been doing it since 1990 on my own using excel spreadsheets and emails for line ups/waiver moves. I am looking to move these leagues I run online and have seen CBS used by other people and it seems pretty good but I am also wondering about myfanasyleague.

Does anyone here use these 2 leauges and what can you tell me about why I should use them ?

I know CBS supports home and away games with the home team getting an extra player

Does anyone know if myfantasyleauge supports home/away games with home team getting an extra player ?

In your view which would you pick and why ?

Thanks

I used CBS for 10 years. I am switching to MFL this year becasue CBS support system sucks. You can't call or get a reply. You have to rely on their FAQ and if you have a specific question you are screwed. I emailed MFL last night and already got a reply with the correct fix to my question. Not to mention it is so much cheaper.

IMO, it's very close. But CBS Sportsline is a distant 3rd to Fanball and MFL. I've used all 3. I think that Fanball is easier to navigate and a little easier on the eye and their customer support has improved over the years. MFL has a little more rule functionality than fanball does. Personally, I like fanball. Both are reasonably priced and less expensive than CBSSportsline. You can't go wrong with either one but I would stay far away from CBS.

I used CBS for 10 years. I am switching to MFL this year becasue CBS support system sucks. You can't call or get a reply. You have to rely on their FAQ and if you have a specific question you are screwed. I emailed MFL last night and already got a reply with the correct fix to my question. Not to mention it is so much cheaper.

MFL...far and away. No one is even close in terms of the complete package (product, service and price). SportsLine should be ashamed with what they charge...and how people shell out that much remains one of the great mysteries of our time...

I don't think CBS Sportsline is perfect (the customer service is substandard, the advertisements are annoying, and the site isn't quite as customizable as I'd like), but it is still far superior to MFL.

MFL isn't nearly as user-friendly, the live scoring sucks, and the site looks downright amateurish. It's not nearly as polished and it views like something someone is running out of their garage. I've always looked at MFL as the site for broke, single, middle-aged guys who live in their mom's basement, venturing out only occasionally to perform hand-jobs at the nearest leather bar so they can scrounge together some spare change for the latest Daughtry album. Yeah, CBS has some charges, but Jesus, if you can't afford that, you need to get a job.

By the way, I'm new here. Hi everybody! :wacko:

Edited by IamGod

I have only had experience with MFL.com for playoff purposes...... but... as much as I hate CBS for their analysis, their league managment site is easy, comprehensive, and you can customize just about any way you want... Sure, there are stats you can't do, but IMO they are stats that 95% of us won't use anyway. I've been with CBS for 11 years, I run two leauges with them, and have only ever had ONE total hour of down time on a Sunday. Not too bad. They may be more money, but when you split it up between 12 teams, it's no big deal. The logo maintenance and personal news/article posting features, etc, are fun, too.

• 2 weeks later...

I am in a CBS league and two MFL leagues. The league I consider the most fun uses CBS, and the ability to post articles with pics, live chat with league owners on the scoreboard page, etc. are what make it fun. I think what it boils down to is if you don't have unique scoring or league configuration and want an easier to manage site, CBS is a better choice. But if you want a system that handles almost any setup or scoring scenario even if you sacrifice some of the "fun" elements like posting articles w/ pics, MFL is better. MFL is probably half as expensive though.

As for Henry Muto, some of the responses to his post make no sense. Who cares if his rule doesn't mimic the NFL? Do NFL teams get a point per reception? One poster mentioned they give the home team a 3 point advantage. How is this much different? A #3 RB or #4 WR isn't likely to put up big numbers. I'm not saying I love the rule, but if you feel strongly that a team should have a home field advantage if they had a better regular season record, this seems as good a way to do it as any.

I am in a CBS league and two MFL leagues. The league I consider the most fun uses CBS, and the ability to post articles with pics, live chat with league owners on the scoreboard page, etc. are what make it fun.

you can do both of these on MFL. Chat is open to everyone and the commish needs to give owners "rights" to post articles

go to "communications" -> articles

and you can insert pics

Edited by Zooty

CBS is very good and trustworthy. Payoffs for winners don't come until around March, so you have to patient. However, unless you do the commisioner league, which allows you to customize, all of the other options are that one winner takes all. (Nothing for 2nd, 3rd, etc.)

So if you can live with that, I find CBS as the best, from a legit point of view.