[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Which is the best site to run a league

Henry Muto

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow so many people love MFL. How is the live gameday ? I know CBS has a pretty sweet one showing every player the time remaining in each game and how many yards, points ect they have. CBS seems really good I have used it before but never used MFL but by the sounds of everyone MFL is the way to go. Thanks for the input from everyone.

Wow so many people love MFL. How is the live gameday ? I know CBS has a pretty sweet one showing every player the time remaining in each game and how many yards, points ect they have. CBS seems really good I have used it before but never used MFL but by the sounds of everyone MFL is the way to go. Thanks for the input from everyone.

As much as I endorse MFL as an overall superior product, I will say I think the live scoring on the league pages is one of it's shortcomings. On the other hand they have a downloadable app called Gameday which is really good. You can load it up with every league you have so you can track them all from one app. The scoring updates are faster and it also provides NFL scoring updates. It's a great stand alone app that really makes up for the regular live scoring deficiency. Only problem is it's a Windows app, so if you are a Mac or Linux person, your out of luck unless you can get it to work with Parallels or Wine.

Since you are in so many leagues, this app may appeal to you.

Frankly, I found I enjoyed the games more when I stopped checking the live scoring every five seconds. I just check in at half time or my local game, then the final and then at the end of the day. Live scoring is not really a make or break feature for me anymore....

I'd rather go down to the bar and hang with friends and enjoy the game.

Frankly, I found I enjoyed the games more when I stopped checking the live scoring every five seconds. I just check in at half time or my local game, then the final and then at the end of the day. Live scoring is not really a make or break feature for me anymore....

:wacko:

mfl.com has a very good if generic looking live scoring system...unless you absolutely can not wait 60 seconds that it takes to refresh. If anyone is that pathetic, they deserve CBS and all its issues.

Edited by Bronco Billy

:wacko:

mfl.com has a very good if generic looking live scoring system...unless you absolutely can not wait 60 seconds that it takes to refresh. If anyone is that pathetic, they deserve CBS and all its issues.

I think it's too flat. Too boring. I think it could be better. The method of refresh is dated as well. I detest CBS, and will pimp MFL any chance I get, but every product has room for improvement.

I also find the section of my post you quoted strange given the response. You do realize I was saying I don't care about live scoring, right?

Well, in all fairness, it does Josh Gordon out the faint of hearts. If you can't talk smack and receive it, you don't need to be posting on a FF website.

I have no problem with talking smack and I can certainly dish it out as well as take it, but acting like an obnoxious ass when answering a relatively simple question seems pretty damn ignorant to me.

For instance, the guy asked which was better CBS or MFL then mentioned that his league uses a unique rule and which site would handle it better. Rather then just answer the question, some posters felt it was necessary to tell him the rule was gay, stupid, dumb etc etc etc. The guy didn't ask for people's opinion about the rule. He asked which site would handle it better.

It just seems to me that if you don't have the mental capability to answer the question in a dignified and respectful manner, then maybe it might be better to keep your assinine thoughts to yourself. :wacko:

I have no problem with talking smack and I can certainly dish it out as well as take it, but acting like an obnoxious ass when answering a relatively simple question seems pretty damn ignorant to me.

For instance, the guy asked which was better CBS or MFL then mentioned that his league uses a unique rule and which site would handle it better. Rather then just answer the question, some posters felt it was necessary to tell him the rule was gay, stupid, dumb etc etc etc. The guy didn't ask for people's opinion about the rule. He asked which site would handle it better.

It just seems to me that if you don't have the mental capability to answer the question in a dignified and respectful manner, then maybe it might be better to keep your assinine thoughts to yourself. :wacko:

As other's have noted, clearly you are unaware of the legend that is Henry Muto. Sometimes the responses are more to do with the poster than the subject. Just ask irish.

Muto is a legend. Search for his posts. We are not talking smack, we are trying to understand the man not the legend.

You're going to get along just great here! Welcome!

I have been doing it since 1990.

I know CBS supports home and away games with the home team getting an extra player

Does anyone know if myfantasyleauge supports home/away games with home team getting an extra player ?

Dude. There is no advice that I can offer you. It just isn't worth it.

Some people are only here to provoke assinine thoughts. I don't think that this was a legitimate question.

Fanball.com

Blows MFL and CBS away by a long shot. Combines the best of both sites - the usability, price, and customer service of MFL, with just enough bells and whistles (including excellent live scoring), which is where CBS excels.

I'm honestly stunned that so many people here are so locked onto MFL and haven't given Fanball their due. It really is a better site.

Fanball.com

Blows MFL and CBS away by a long shot. Combines the best of both sites - the usability, price, and customer service of MFL, with just enough bells and whistles (including excellent live scoring), which is where CBS excels.

I'm honestly stunned that so many people here are so locked onto MFL and haven't given Fanball their due. It really is a better site.

IMO, Fanball is the biggest piece of trash I have ever used. I am begging my local to get off of it for years now.

IMO, Fanball is the biggest piece of trash I have ever used. I am begging my local to get off of it for years now.

Wow - seriously surprised to hear that. Our league thought the same of MFL and wanted to go back to CBS which I was opposed to. I'm the commish and the commish interface is excellent and the support people respond extremely quickly to any questions.

Came across Fanball 5-6yrs ago and haven't looked back.

Wow - seriously surprised to hear that. Our league thought the same of MFL and wanted to go back to CBS which I was opposed to. I'm the commish and the commish interface is excellent and the support people respond extremely quickly to any questions.

I left Fanball after 10 years. MFL beats them hands down. It's not even close. I can't begin to list the short comings of there software.

I think I've used all the popular FF sites, and I actually rank Fanball dead last. But if it works for you, then run with it.

to each their own

(i'ma diva)

Some people are only here to provoke assinine thoughts. I don't think that this was a legitimate question.

If this is a reference to me for asking about the ability to use a home player then I guess your just looking to pick a fight. It was a real quesiton and something I have to make sure a site can handle since it is a rule we use. I don't really know why everyone is so shocked about this kind of rule or thinks it sucks so bad but to each it's own and like the one poster said I wasn't asking anyone if they liked the rule or not just needed to know if it worked on the site.

fanball has been terrible for years.

Actually went down even further 2 years ago when they were bought our by another company. a LOT of longtime people left after they started screwing stuff up.

MFL and it aint even close . . . .

You're right - it's not close. Fanball is indeed the better site. What can I tell ya - it just is.

I've never really had a problem with CBS and one league I'm in I've been using them for 3 years (although they used them for longer). It is more expensive and I can't really say that it is worth it. Although, the cost difference doesn't break down to a whole lot when divide it between 12 guys. I've heard good things about MFL but haven't been able to talk a team into switching to them yet.

We have used CBS for about five years. It's a little pricey but as one poster said, it's just $10 a head.

One of my favorite features is the ability to post articles with pictures. It brings smack talk to a whole new level. Everyone loves the feature and it leads to a lot of good fun.

The site also has a record system so it keeps track of who set records for most points scored and other stuff.

• 1 month later...

I signed up for MFL but they are not nearly as recptive of requests as people here said they would be. They have no option for the home team player the only thing I can do is add an extra starter at every positioin and then I can't use the Formations set up so it gets ungodly messy.

RB start 1-3 (to account for run and shoot offense or flex home team)

WR start 1-5 (to account for regular, run and shoot or double TE or flex)

TE start 0-3

That just looks ugly when your entering your line up.

All they need to do is set it so you can have another box for starting line up (Home player)

Then you can use formations 2 RB/3 WR, 1 RB/4 WR, ect then have another starter for home player.

Very simple fix and they won't even attempt it.

Also we have a KR player in our league. It is very simple you can take any player on your team and start them at KR but on this site you have no option to do that you have to change your player's official position to KR to do that which you can't do because then Reggie Bush can't be started at RB, ect.

So far I have to say I am very disappointed with the site.

This is why I have done my own leagues for 19 years using excel files.

It is a pain to take everyone's email and put in thier line ups every week and figure out the scores but you sure can do it how you want to without restrictions.