[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Which is the best site to run a league

Henry Muto

I signed up for MFL but they are not nearly as recptive of requests as people here said they would be. They have no option for the home team player the only thing I can do is add an extra starter at every positioin and then I can't use the Formations set up so it gets ungodly messy.

RB start 1-3 (to account for run and shoot offense or flex home team)

WR start 1-5 (to account for regular, run and shoot or double TE or flex)

TE start 0-3

That just looks ugly when your entering your line up.

All they need to do is set it so you can have another box for starting line up (Home player)

Then you can use formations 2 RB/3 WR, 1 RB/4 WR, ect then have another starter for home player.

Very simple fix and they won't even attempt it.

Also we have a KR player in our league. It is very simple you can take any player on your team and start them at KR but on this site you have no option to do that you have to change your player's official position to KR to do that which you can't do because then Reggie Bush can't be started at RB, ect.

So far I have to say I am very disappointed with the site.

This is why I have done my own leagues for 19 years using excel files.

It is a pain to take everyone's email and put in thier line ups every week and figure out the scores but you sure can do it how you want to without restrictions.

Maybe MFL doesn't like you.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe MFL doesn't like you.

While this is the likely answer, HM, have you found any site that even came close to what you are looking for? Seems like MFL at least has functional workarounds for what are extremely unique options particular to your league..

While this is the likely answer, HM, have you found any site that even came close to what you are looking for? Seems like MFL at least has functional workarounds for what are extremely unique options particular to your league..

I really doubt any site will be more accommodating to what he needs with the KR and Home team player.

Home team getting an extra player still makes no sense to me. We have given home teams an extra 3 points for home team advantage but an extra player?

In what sports do home teams get extra players?

You do know the 12th player isn't a real player don't you? :wacko:

Home team getting an extra player still makes no sense to me. We have given home teams an extra 3 points for home team advantage but an extra player?

In what sports do home teams get extra players?

You do know the 12th player isn't a real player don't you? :wacko:

There's no sense in making any sense of this nonsense. That's my 2 cents.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I must be an innovator to the fantasy football world since I started the "home" player back in 1997 and apparently from what I read here I am the only league in the entire world that uses it (except for the 3 other leagues in my hometown that coppied all my leauge rules because they thought my league set up was so great).

Yes that is what I am going to places never gone before.

The MFL site is really good don't get me wrong but I thought they would have a better set up for the way they take in the line ups.

Apparenlty I am the only "crazy" person that uses a KR player as well.

Well I must be an innovator to the fantasy football world

You certainly have changed the way I view fantasy football

3 other leagues in my hometown that coppied all my leauge rules because they thought my league set up was so great.

I am guessing you are in those leagues?

going places, yet never getting there

Apparenlty I am only a "crazy" person

Yes, but, well, we knew this already.

Well I must be an innovator to the fantasy football world since I started the "home" player back in 1997 and apparently from what I read here I am the only league in the entire world that uses it (except for the 3 other leagues in my hometown that coppied all my leauge rules because they thought my league set up was so great).

The MFL site is really good don't get me wrong but I thought they would have a better set up for the way they take in the line ups.

You sir, are genius! :wacko: This is by far the most entertaining ff poster I have read in years. And the ability to round ppl up is just unmatched.

I have the Pinky and the Brain song stuck in my head now... It's Pinky, it's Pinky and the Brain Brain Brain Brain...

We have used CBS for about five years. It's a little pricey but as one poster said, it's just $10 a head.

One of my favorite features is the ability to post articles with pictures. It brings smack talk to a whole new level. Everyone loves the feature and it leads to a lot of good fun.

The site also has a record system so it keeps track of who set records for most points scored and other stuff.

+1 I like the record books and the live scoring with CBS. I have been with CBS since 1997 and have never had a problem. I emailed them once long ago and remember them responding within 12 hours.

My question about MFL is this, how is draft day? Does it run well and how is the draft interface for those owners who are not as hip to technology as the rest of us? I am all about going cheaper if comparable. Please advise.

Said it before, say it again.....

FANBALL !!!

Sorry, but you sir, are no Henry Muto. If Henry Muto says MFL sucks, then MFL sucks. If Henry Muto says Fanball rules, then fanball rules. You just don't have that kind of pull around here CR. :wacko:

I know its not as popular around theses boards , but my local has been using RTSports.com for many years and are always happy with the site and the realtime scoring. We just renewed yesterday and with our early renewal it cost us $71.99 ( normal rate is $89.99) for the tier we choose. I am using MFL with my BoTH league and it is fine but I have no regular season experienece with it yet as this is a new league.

:wacko:

You have 4 leagues in your entire town?

What do you guys do during the offseason? Fantasy pig farming? Home team get to start an extra pig...

Henry, I can one thing for sure. I wouldn't play in your league with those home player rules. Never. I wouldn't my time and effort on that league or money for that matter. If you want a home team getting more players than that's your perogative. There's a way for MFL to do anything you want regardless of how silly the rule is. You just need to have the mental awareness or faculties to come up with the system you want. Nobody here can do that for you unless we set up your league for you. You have to be the man on this.

Edited by MikesVikes

I was going to start my own thread on this very topic when I stumbled upon this one. I too am shopping around for a new site to host my league. While I've been using CBS Sportsline forever, they recently jacked up their prices to $180, a steep increase from even last year. While I think its a decent enough site, I don't think it is worth that kind of money for a ten-team league.

So, it seems pretty like most of you are singing the praises of MFL, a site I'm seriously considering. Yet, I did come across too another site called Fleaflicker.com that hosts for free. It looks like a great site too but sometimes, you get what you pay for... Anyone out there use Fleaflicker? If so, what do you think?

Edited by Trainman

Henry, I can one thing for sure. I wouldn't play in your league with those home player rules. Never. I wouldn't my time and effort on that league or money for that matter. If you want a home team getting more players than that's your perogative. There's a way for MFL to do anything you want regardless of how silly the rule is. You just need to have the mental awareness or faculties to come up with the system you want. Nobody here can do that for you unless we set up your league for you. You have to be the man on this.

Well I guess then your calling the other 9 owners in my league morons too because they all LOVE the home player rule. Every team gets 7 home and 7 road games so what is the problem ? It is supposed to be hard to win on the road and now our home vs away % is pretty close to that of real NFL teams home and away winning %.

Also it gives teams something to fight for all season. If your the 1 seed you get a bye and home field for the AFC or NFC championship game.

If your the 2 seed you have to play a wild card game but at least your at home.

If your the 3 seed then you have to go on the road twice to get the bowl

The Fantasy Bowl is a neutral site no home player.

A few years ago we had a team go from the 3 seed in 1 conference and win the whole thing.

When your starting 11 players on the road and 12 players at home it makes a difference but it isn't that big of a difference.

Your playing your 3rd RB or 4th WR.

Not everyone in the world is going to like everything out there and this certainly doesn't sound like it is for you but maybe you need to give it a try and see it play it for yourself to take full appreciation for it.

I have been running this dynasty league since 1997 and everyone loves the home player rule they think it makes it more like real NFL games.

In any event I also don't hate MFL I actually like it alot I was just saying they are not as receptive to "change whatever you need for you league" like people told me in here.

"You just need to have the mental awareness or faculties to come up with the system you want"

That is just you being an ass...yes we can come up with something and I already have but the thing is people can now screw up. Because the system has no way of doing a "home player" you have to set it up for a flex and now the road team could actually start a "home player" if they don't realize they are on the road.

So I already have a rule in place if you start a 3rd RB or 4th WR when your on the road you don't get credit for your top scoring extra position player so if they start 3 RB's by accident and they score 12, 10 and 6 pts they don't get the 12 pts.

Simple eh ? I guess I was smart enough to figure that out on day 1 but it would been nice to have a simple fix by the site.

Well I guess then your calling the other 9 owners in my league morons too because they all LOVE the home player rule. Every team gets 7 home and 7 road games so what is the problem ? It is supposed to be hard to win on the road and now our home vs away % is pretty close to that of real NFL teams home and away winning %.

Also it gives teams something to fight for all season. If your the 1 seed you get a bye and home field for the AFC or NFC championship game.

If your the 2 seed you have to play a wild card game but at least your at home.

If your the 3 seed then you have to go on the road twice to get the bowl

The Fantasy Bowl is a neutral site no home player.

A few years ago we had a team go from the 3 seed in 1 conference and win the whole thing.

When your starting 11 players on the road and 12 players at home it makes a difference but it isn't that big of a difference.

Your playing your 3rd RB or 4th WR.

Not everyone in the world is going to like everything out there and this certainly doesn't sound like it is for you but maybe you need to give it a try and see it play it for yourself to take full appreciation for it.

I have been running this dynasty league since 1997 and everyone loves the home player rule they think it makes it more like real NFL games.

In any event I also don't hate MFL I actually like it alot I was just saying they are not as receptive to "change whatever you need for you league" like people told me in here.

but in the NFL the home team doesnt get an extra player on O, D or ST's....if you really want to mimic the NFL you should use MFLs Crowd Noise© option....when it is used the away team is bombarded with crowd noise to make it harder to concentrate when they are setting their lineup..it also has those thought balloons that pop up saying "are you sure you want to start X player"....the module can sense when the user has turned off their speakers and it will not allow lineup changes when the speakers are off...imo, that is what you should use instead of the extra player.

Edited by keggerz

"You just need to have the mental awareness or faculties to come up with the system you want"

That is just you being an ass...yes we can come up with something and I already have but the thing is people can now screw up. Because the system has no way of doing a "home player" you have to set it up for a flex and now the road team could actually start a "home player" if they don't realize they are on the road.

So I already have a rule in place if you start a 3rd RB or 4th WR when your on the road you don't get credit for your top scoring extra position player so if they start 3 RB's by accident and they score 12, 10 and 6 pts they don't get the 12 pts.

Simple eh ? I guess I was smart enough to figure that out on day 1 but it would been nice to have a simple fix by the site.

Yes, I was being an ass. You are entitled to run with any rules you want for your league. That is true. I'm just saying that there's no chance that I would play in that league. Your explanation about playoff teams getting an advantage makes that even more true.

But you are asking many questions about league setup here and it seems like you will be asking about 50 more down the road. MFL isn't more difficult to run than any other service. There is also a handy forum where it might be more helpful to post any questions you want. You will get more answers than posting them here.

http://forums.myfantasyleague.com/forums/i...hp?showforum=19

but in the NFL the home team doesnt get an extra player on O, D or ST's....if you really want to mimic the NFL you should use MFLs Crowd Noise© option....when it is used the away team is bombarded with crowd noise to make it harder to concentrate when they are setting their lineup..it also has those thought balloons that pop up saying "are you sure you want to start X player"....the module can sense when the user has turned off their speakers and it will not allow lineup changes when the speakers are off...imo, that is what you should use instead of the extra player.

I will take this under consideration

:wacko:

Really?