[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Which is the best site to run a league

Henry Muto

I am looking at 2 sites to run my fantasy leagues. I have been doing it since 1990 on my own using excel spreadsheets and emails for line ups/waiver moves. I am looking to move these leagues I run online and have seen CBS used by other people and it seems pretty good but I am also wondering about myfanasyleague.

Does anyone here use these 2 leauges and what can you tell me about why I should use them ?

I know CBS supports home and away games with the home team getting an extra player

Does anyone know if myfantasyleauge supports home/away games with home team getting an extra player ?

In your view which would you pick and why ?

Thanks

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MFL will write the programming for anything you want to do, if they haven't done it before. We have a YPCarry stat that they were able to add without any problems. That said, I am not one to go overboard on features, so I would opt for whatever is cheaper.

Home teams getting an extra player? Why would anyone do that?

Maybe CBS is trying new things to distract you because their leagues are down for maintenance so often.

I have been running my dynasty league since 1997 and we have had a "home" player since we started and everyone in the leauge loves it. It brings meaning to having to try and get the best regular season record so you can have a "home player" in the playoffs in your conf. We have 2 conf's so the Fantasy Bowl never has a home player on the AFC/NFC playoffs do. It is just like real life baby it is hard to win on the road and so why shouldn't our fantasy leagues duplicate that ? This isn't a 1 pt per recpt or a 1 pt per 10 yard league so a 4th WR or a 3rd RB is only going to score on avg about 4 pts a week so it works out perfect for home field. You get 6 pts for a TD and 3 pts at 100 yards 6 pts at 150 yards, ect. It is actually pretty amazing way to play fantasy football. Home and Road means a lot in real football why shouldn't it mean something in fantasy land.

I have been running my dynasty league since 1997 and we have had a "home" player since we started and everyone in the leauge loves it. It brings meaning to having to try and get the best regular season record so you can have a "home player" in the playoffs in your conf. We have 2 conf's so the Fantasy Bowl never has a home player on the AFC/NFC playoffs do. It is just like real life baby it is hard to win on the road and so why shouldn't our fantasy leagues duplicate that ? This isn't a 1 pt per recpt or a 1 pt per 10 yard league so a 4th WR or a 3rd RB is only going to score on avg about 4 pts a week so it works out perfect for home field. You get 6 pts for a TD and 3 pts at 100 yards 6 pts at 150 yards, ect. It is actually pretty amazing way to play fantasy football. Home and Road means a lot in real football why shouldn't it mean something in fantasy land.

:takingnotes:

Henry knows FF like no one else.

I think mfl.com offers a special discount to people who move 50 or more leagues over...

Edited by Bronco Billy

The home team/extra player rule is the gheyest rule I've ever heard.

Cue 3...2...1....for when Henry Muto comes in and tells us how he's in a lot of big money leagues but this one is the only one that's really interesting because of this innovation.....

MFL hands down.

More customization, more features, less money. Far better customer support and less down time on Sunday's compared the CzitBS

+1

You've been playing FF since 1990 and havn't heard of MFL???? :wacko:

Henry Muto is old school. Henry Muto has been playing fantasy football for 3 decades. Henry Muto can kick Chuck Norris' and Teddy Bruschi's ass at fantasy football. Henry Muto plays in 30 leagues and spends a lot of Henry Muto's money on fantasy football. Henry Muto's ROI is extremely high because Henry Muto knows football. Don't mess with Henry Muto. Henry Muto makes David Dorey look like Henry Muto's beyatch.

Edited by Hugh 0ne

Henry,

To answer your question, MFL.com is the best site out there. As others have said, you can customize it anyway you want it to be. The one thing I would suggest you do though, if you go with them, is to NOT use a Template for your league. Use one of the 50 or so Skins they have for your main page. This way, your owners can set their own page up however they want it to be. If you use a Template, the owners won't be able to do anything with it.

I ran 8 leagues on MFL last year and am running 6 this year. My owners MUCH prefer being able to set it up their way. Just something to think about.

As for your rule about the home team being able to use an extra player, don't worry about what these others say about it. As long as the owners in YOUR league like it, that's all that counts. To set it so that your league can do that, all you have to do is set the number of players at each position for one more. Depending on what position those teams can use.

If your lineup is say 1 QB, 2 RB's, 3 WR's, 1 TE, 1 K and 1 Def for instance, and if they can only use 1 extra RB or WR, then just set the RB # at 3 and the WR at 4. Then make sure that each team knows only the home team can use this extra position. There, you're good to go. :wacko:

BTW To everyone else, just a thought, but if you act like asses to every new poster, eventually you're going to be talking to yourself because nobody else will want to come onto this site. Just something to think about.

BTW To everyone else, just a thought, but if you act like asses to every new poster, eventually you're going to be talking to yourself because nobody else will want to come onto this site. Just something to think about.

I don't think you're familiar with the legend of Henry Muto. :wacko: Seriously, there are songs about him.

Henry Muto is old school. Henry Muto has been playing fantasy football for 3 decades. Henry Muto can kick Chuck Norris' and Teddy Bruschi's ass at fantasy football. Henry Muto plays in 30 leagues and spends a lot of Henry Muto's money on fantasy football. Henry Muto's ROI is extremely high because Henry Muto knows football. Don't mess with Henry Muto. Henry Muto makes David Dorey look like Henry Muto's beyatch.

:wacko:

Well, in all fairness, it does Josh Gordon out the faint of hearts. If you can't talk smack and receive it, you don't need to be posting on a FF website.

Clearly you are unaware of how The Huddle got started........