[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

70% of jobs created in US are created in Texas

polksalet

70% and the Texas unemployment rate is still 6.5%. That's pretty bad.

It is so high because the Federal government is more inclined to pander to voters than to do what is is supposed to do and protect our borders. Illegals are included in that number, which is still 24% less than the national average. Imagine how much better we would do if the government would do what the constitution requires it to do, instead of providing all the social services that aren't found anywhere in it, and increasing our debt, and our taxes. Most business owners I know (and I probably know more than most) are waiting to hire people until they see what is going to happen to taxes and regulations.

It is so high because the Federal government is more inclined to pander to voters than to do what is is supposed to do and protect our borders. Illegals are included in that number, which is still 24% less than the national average. Imagine how much better we would do if the government would do what the constitution requires it to do, instead of providing all the social services that aren't found anywhere in it, and increasing our debt, and our taxes. Most business owners I know (and I probably know more than most) are waiting to hire people until they see what is going to happen to taxes and regulations.

I've watched some of the Gangland shows on History Channel recently and it is scary what the cartels are doing on the border. Also, they are starting to come across the border. Like one investigator said, you cheer when you hear about a drug dealer being killed, but be wary, next it will be a public official.

Serious question, are illegals included in the unemployment rate?

On a side note, there was an article in the paper this morning that the sluggish economy is slowing the tide of illegals. Not surprising I suppose.

Got this email this morning:

Victoria , Texas (pop. 55,000) is a town about 80 miles west of Houston .

Local Hispanic leaders there, in opposition to pending Immigration Legislation, boycotted all Caucasian owned businesses in the Victoria area this past weekend as a demonstration of their economic impact on the

community. The boycott was declared a success by the Hispanic community, noting that revenue in Caucasian owned businesses was down by 19%.

Business owners declared the boycott a success as well, pointing out that shoplifting was reduced by 77%, money orders sent out of the country were down by 97%, and the cost of daily clean-up and trash collection was down by 84%. Shoppers reported that they could actually hear English being spoken throughout the community for the first time in recent memory, and customers actually paid for purchases with real money, not government debit cards.

I've watched some of the Gangland shows on History Channel recently and it is scary what the cartels are doing on the border. Also, they are starting to come across the border. Like one investigator said, you cheer when you hear about a drug dealer being killed, but be wary, next it will be a public official.

I've been watching those a bunch as well. Do these cartels really think they can come up here and pull the same stuff they do in those banana republics to the south?

Of course, if you legalize drugs most of their revenue probably dries up overnight... :wacko: