[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Somali Pirates versus the U.S.A.

cre8tiff

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Obama is too busy planting his lips on any foreign leader's ass he can find. He doesn't care about an American ship that was hijacked, he just couldn't get in the way of the rescue and save face.

You are a complete nitwit.

I tried to send a pm to you Bushwacked for getting too personal in my comments to you last night, but your pm box is full. So I'll do it here, sorry for saying f. you to you, that was uncalled for and I apologize for that.

retro

And I'll apologize for the "stupid" comment above too.

Allow me to summarize. Somali pirates are pillaging merchant ships off the African coast for ransom and threatening (or taking) peoples lives, and you guys are having a love fest regarding who called who what??

Ah, the Huddle. :wacko:

Edited by whoopazz

Allow me to summarize. Somali pirates are pillaging merchant ships off the African coast for ransom and threatening (or taking) peoples lives, and you guys are having a love fest regarding who called who what??

Ah, the Huddle. :wacko:

You're whining about what?. :D

All I'm saying is that you can't simply shoot everybody that opposes you. There are times where you need to show tact and discipline. I believe this was one of those times. I don't mean to sound heartless to the family, but the fact is that saving that one life just cost us many more. Unless our actions are some sort of a means to an end to all this pirate activity, which they obviously will not be, I don't understand what good this loss of life will do.

First of all, you are allowing fear to rule your thinking, not logic.

Second of all, it is because of people like you that kidnappers have any leverage to begin with. It may be cold, but if we had just wasted that boat, captain and all, that would have stopped kidnapping of Americans, period. Kidnapping is based on perceived value of the hostage held. Once it has been determined that there is no value other than immediate death for the kidnapper, then this act won't be perpetrated again. The loss of one life to stop kidnapping/piracy would have been worth it. Hell, the captain was willing to give up his life for his crew, I'm sure he would have been ready to do it for all of the victims.

I read Nato gives them back and can't hold them take their weapons and sink some of their ships.

Sink them all. Fly over and announce "you guys have 230 seconds to abandon ship" for those attacking ships. They used to make these guys walk the plank. Give them an inflatable and let their buddies pick them up.

First of all, you are allowing fear to rule your thinking, not logic.

Second of all, it is because of people like you that kidnappers have any leverage to begin with. It may be cold, but if we had just wasted that boat, captain and all, that would have stopped kidnapping of Americans, period. Kidnapping is based on perceived value of the hostage held. Once it has been determined that there is no value other than immediate death for the kidnapper, then this act won't be perpetrated again. The loss of one life to stop kidnapping/piracy would have been worth it. Hell, the captain was willing to give up his life for his crew, I'm sure he would have been ready to do it for all of the victims.

So this kidnapping was my fault?

What do I have to be afraid of? We could blow these people out of the water ten times over if we wanted to. The problem is that it is going to cost lots of innocent lives in the process. How is that not logical? The ones that are not logical are pirates. Because of what we did, they do not care anymore about stealing booty. They don't care about hostages. They only care about vengeance. They are going to pick us off one by one and kill us. Literally. And they are pirates, so it isn't like we can just "wage war against the pirates". We don't know where they are, who they are, etc. We just killed a lot of innocent people to save one life. I just think there had to have been a better way to go about this. I'm not saying that we should barter with pirates or terrorists or anything like that at all. If we really are so smart and so powerful, we should have been able to end the situation without risking so many lives going forward. Usually I am right there with you guys on things like this, but this one is going to come back on us, tenfold.

So this kidnapping was my fault?

What do I have to be afraid of? We could blow these people out of the water ten times over if we wanted to. The problem is that it is going to cost lots of innocent lives in the process. How is that not logical? The ones that are not logical are pirates. Because of what we did, they do not care anymore about stealing booty. They don't care about hostages. They only care about vengeance. They are going to pick us off one by one and kill us. Literally. And they are pirates, so it isn't like we can just "wage war against the pirates". We don't know where they are, who they are, etc. We just killed a lot of innocent people to save one life. I just think there had to have been a better way to go about this. I'm not saying that we should barter with pirates or terrorists or anything like that at all. If we really are so smart and so powerful, we should have been able to end the situation without risking so many lives going forward. Usually I am right there with you guys on things like this, but this one is going to come back on us, tenfold.

Sorry,I don't see it that way.Catch em' out on the ocean,and sink em'.They only care about vengeance?What are you basing this on?They're in it to make money and now life just became much more interesting for them when they see a U.S. flag on a ship.

Right now,they are a nuisance.Getting the undivided attention of our navy would be foolish.When they learn that attempting to hijack a U.S. ship will earn them nothing more than a bullet,they'll seek easier prey,namely non U.S. shipping.

Conceding to the likes of them has never worked,and never will.The more you give them or let them get away with,the more they'll want.

Catch em' out in the ocean, and sink em'. Is that really your remedy?

I am basing my vengeance statement off the basis that the pirates themselves have come out and said that they are now looking to target and kill or torture any Americans that they see. They are in this for vengeance now, not money.

They don't care if they earn bullets. That will only make them hungrier to hurt us. It won't deter them.

I am not in any way saying that we should concede to them. I'm just saying that we should use some tact, since we are not used to fighting an opponent like this. If this was a group or another military, I'm with you, blow em' up. But this is a group that we cannot locate, let alone identify. We have no way of defending ourselves from them, yet we just put a big target on our backs anyways.

So I guess next, you guys are going to propose that we simply go to all of the countries that these pirates may be from and start blowing up civilians? Right?

Our violent action did not scare them in the least. All it did was save one life, and risk hundreds if not thousands more.

Edited by Seahawks21

But this is a group that we cannot locate, let alone identify. We have no way of defending ourselves from them, yet we just put a big target on our backs anyways.

Sure we know where they are, have no doubt about it. The question is about the 300 hostages they already have.

Blowing them out of the water as soon as they set sail is a legitimate policy.