[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Texas Governor Says Seccession a Possibility

Perchoutofwater

I'm pretty sure Chuck Norris can kick Obama's ass if he were to try to pull a Lincoln.

Should Texas one day secede, one man may already be vying to be its president. Actor Chuck Norris said last month he may be interested in the post.

“I may run for president of Texas,” Norris wrote in a column posted at WorldNetDaily. “That need may be a reality sooner than we think. If not me, someone someday may again be running for president of the Lone Star state, if the state of the union continues to turn into the enemy of the state.”

Edited by Perchoutofwater

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Go

You have any idea of how much industry the country would lose if this were to happen? Your flippant "Go" shows either ignorance or stupidity. Texas would fare a lot better than with out the US than the US would fare without Texas. Think of the oil reserves (and do you really think Texans would blink on drilling of the coast? Think of the port of Houston, and all the refineries. Texas produces more energy than any other state, and twice as much wind energy than any other state.

You have any idea of how much industry the country would lose if this were to happen? Your flippant "Go" shows either ignorance or stupidity. Texas would fare a lot better than with out the US than the US would fare without Texas. Think of the oil reserves (and do you really think Texans would blink on drilling of the coast? Think of the port of Houston, and all the refineries. Texas produces more energy than any other state, and twice as much wind energy than any other state.

You right-wing nutjobs throw the terms secede and revolution around like they're options on the dollar menu, and you have the nerve to call him "flip"?

Y'all are just a bunch of whiney-ass sore f'n losers.

Two couples meet one another on a Pacific cruise, one couple from Britain the other from Texas. The couples seemed to hit it off rather well but, as one can imagine, the British pair soon tired off the Texans incessant drone of things bigger and better in their Great State. Both couples were standing at the railing as the ship made its way into a Hawaiian port and marveled at a large volcano blowing fire and lava and smoke hundreds of feet into the air. The British gentleman, fed up to his eyeballs with the previous week’s boasting, turned to the Texan and said: “I suppose you’re going to tell us you have something bigger than that one in your back pasture?”, to which, without hesitation, the Texan responded: “Naw, can’t say I’ve even seen one of them before now but, we’ve got a fire department in Ft. Worth that can have it put out in about 15 minutes.”

Typical bull$hit Texan bravado.

Edited by billay

You right-wing nutjobs throw the terms secede and revolution around like they're options on the dollar menu, and you have the nerve to call him "flip"?

Thank you for another meaningful contribution to this forum. Where did I call for us to secede or for a revolution? I haven't I've constantly stated it would be counterproductive. And unfortunately I think we are all going to be sore losers if this out of control spending continues.

I probably shouldn't, I should probably not lower myself to your level. Oh hell I can't resist. I'd rather be a right wing nutjob than a liberal with no nuts and no job.

When people objected to Bush's dishonest reasons for invading Iraq they were labeled as "unpatriotic".

When conservatives now lose their jobs there is talk of "revolution" and secession".

Hilarious.

If you disagree with conservatives when they are in power you are unpatriotic or "French", and when the conservatives are no longer the ruling majority there is talk of revolution and seceding from the USA.

Hypocritical much?

I've spoken with several clients that went to the Tea Parties yesterday. According to them there were numerous Democrats there. Maybe it's just the Texas Democrats, but I'd venture to guess that there are a lot of liberals worried about paying for this spending down the road.

Typical bull$hit Texan bravado.

How much of the nations oil reserve is in Texas or off the cost of Texas? How much of the nations oil is refined in Texas? How much of the nations energy is produced in Texas? What percentage of the nations imports come through the port of Houston? Texan's have constantly sent more money to the Feds than they receive. Texas GDP is greater than that of Canada. That isn't bravado, that is fact. There was a time billay, when you used to think before you typed.

When people objected to Bush's dishonest reasons for invading Iraq they were labeled as "unpatriotic".

When conservatives now lose their jobs there is talk of "revolution" and secession".

Hilarious.

If you disagree with conservatives when they are in power you are unpatriotic or "French", and when the conservatives are no longer the ruling majority there is talk of revolution and seceding from the USA.

Hypocritical much?

Big words from someone sporting a pic of a mass murderer as their avatar. WHat the matter, couldnt find an action pic jpeg from Auschwitz?

Big words from someone sporting a pic of a mass murderer as their avatar. WHat the matter, couldnt find an action pic jpeg from Auschwitz?

che Guevara is a mass murder on a par with Auschwitz?

Methinks you need some educating . . .

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Che_Guevara

Hmm . . shouldnt you be BEHIND Che? A symbol of revolution against oppression?

:wacko:

This is priceless. The lefties wanted to flee to Canada. The wingnuts are going to try take a piece of the country with them. Good luck with President Norris. If you've watched any of his interviews in the last year, you'll see he's even got more loose screws than his mancrush Huckleberry.

My oh my-aren't we sooooooooooo important and arrogant. Don't let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya. :wacko:

Edited by borge007

che Guevara is a mass murder on a par with Auschwitz?

Methinks you need some educating . . .

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Che_Guevara

Hmm . . shouldnt you be BEHIND Che? A symbol of revolution against oppression?

http://www.capmag.com/article.asp?ID=4450