[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Broncos Pick?

bpwallace49

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like Moreno, but this was a reach IMHO.

Denver had so many defensive problems last year, I was thinking Brian Orakpo here.

Denver homers?

Edited by Wolverines Fan

:wacko: They will have to control the ball for 53 minutes every game just to have a chance for a win----maybe that is their plan.

BTW, has anyone seen or heard from Mike Nolan throughout all of this? I think he snuck out of town in Cutlers trunk.

No doubt the Broncos will be cutting a couple RBs for sure and Moreno should be the head of the group with help being pitched in by Bucky and others. I'd love to see Moreno be the main man there.

Yeah true. He's also a 5'9" corner who runs a 4.5 40...not good.

So - one could say this and be pretty accurate - Jay Cutler was traded for Kyle Orton, a slow, short CB, and a 1-year wonder at DE. Fabulous.

I like Ayers a lot. Don't know much about the CB. But just re-read that - ugh.

Edited by Jo

Will Moreno be a featured back? The head coach never seemed to have one in NE. It was always a committee.

Hard to tell (for me) what is going to happen. They have a stable of RBs right now. Maybe it's just me, but I've always liked Lamont Jordan. I thought the kid was good back when he was a raider. I would have taken a flier on him this year had they not went RB with their first pick. Now it's a bigger crap shoot than before.

Anyone else want to defend McDaniels as being anything other than a complete moran?

The guy uses the 12th pick on a RB after acquiring 3 FA RBs and having Torain & Hillis already on the roster. He uses 2 2nd rounders on DBs after acquiring 3 FAs in the secondary. The only place he addressed the D front 7 was with a DL who is decidedly a tweener for a 3-4 D. Then he trades away the DEN 1st rounder in 2010 - a pick likely to be a top 7 pick at least and probably higher - for one of those DBs.

Does this guy know anything about football other than coaching up QBs that someone else drafts for him? I didn't think it was possible for someone to make me want Shanahan back - and we haven't even hit OTAs yet...

:wacko:

Completely and utterly incredulous. The only excuse I can possibly fathom is that he has marching orders from Belichek to destroy the only franchise he couldn't beat regularly, and Belichek will double his pay to come back as NE OC after he runs DEN into the ground and is fired after 2 years...

Edited by Bronco Billy

Oh, and did you hear the local interviews of Moreno after he was selected? He stated that DEN had absolutely no contact with him prior to his selection, and that it surprised him completely. Then they interview McDaniels (who was abouty 45 minutes late - looking for some Advil or Midol, I guess) and he states that he had talked to Moreno numerous times prior to the draft. Sound vaguely familiar...?

McDaniels is a pathetic narcissistic arrogant compulsive lying little tool. Cutler is starting to look like a freakin' genius for getting out while the getting was good.

Edited by Bronco Billy