[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Pat White

mark b

As a WVU fan,I've seen Pat play in almost every game he's started.He CAN read defenses,and when he makes a mistake he rarely repeats it.He plays hurt and despite being slight,he's tough.My only concern is he has kind of a "long" delivery when passing.That needs tightened up.

I wish Pat well and I believe he'll have a fine NFL career.

I honestly think he was brought in to compete with Henne for the starting job. His only problem may be that his arm isn't strong enough. Kinda sounds like what they got in Pennington.

Are you saying that Pat White is comparable to Matt Stafford?

....no? I'm saying that people go with the fad's and combines, it seems a lot of people do not even watch college football.

Stafford has more abiility, but he cannot read defenses at all. While Pat White may be raw, and less arm strength, he already reads defenses better than Stafford.

....no? I'm saying that people go with the fad's and combines, it seems a lot of people do not even watch college football.

Stafford has more abiility, but he cannot read defenses at all. While Pat White may be raw, and less arm strength, he already reads defenses better than Stafford.

So if Stafford isn't the best QB inthis class, who is?

Whites a good player. I really think Henne will be the QB but White will play some QB.

I think White could be the QB....but his problem is getting his foot in the door. Everyone's perception is that he's not a good passer.

Perception is reality...especially in this case.

Say what you want, but he can pass the ball....but most people on this board like to follow the "trend."

Hey, I guess I was wrong 2 seasons ago when I said Jake Delhomme was a terrible QB and had tunnel vision on Steve Smith....I mean everyone here jumped me for saying that. It was the trendy pick to say Jake was good.

How can so many be missing the point...? White will be playing in Wildcat formations. I don't think he will compete with CPenn or Henne as the starting QB.

What we do have now is another wrinkle. The WC was succesful last year with Ronnie Brown taking snaps.... now put in a guy who can run AND throw. The play selection opens up dramtically and defenses are going to have to play it real smart or risk seeing White run by them, throw over them, or handoff to another runner.

Of course I'm a biased homer, but I think Pat White is Mike Vick with a head worth more than $0.10. Guy can read defenses, and is as elusive running the ball as anyone out there. White will be a much better NFL QB than Tebow - mark it down.

The only knock on White is the fact that he does a "windup" for long balls. I don't know, he might need that, but frankly I think it's more mental than anything. Guy could flick his wrist and throw it 20 yards. He could be what Dan Reeves wanted Vick to be.

How can so many be missing the point...? White will be playing in Wildcat formations. I don't think he will compete with CPenn or Henne as the starting QB.

What we do have now is another wrinkle. The WC was succesful last year with Ronnie Brown taking snaps.... now put in a guy who can run AND throw. The play selection opens up dramtically and defenses are going to have to play it real smart or risk seeing White run by them, throw over them, or handoff to another runner.

I think the Dolphins are going to run the wish bone option next year, with Brown & Williams in the back field. With Pat White playing the wing, so they can do crazy trick plays all game long. Just a thought...

The wishbone option is done. Players are too fast and the fullback option, which makes the whole play evolve, isn't successful in the NFL. Players in college now are too fast for the wishbone to work, let alone the NFL. The wishbone doesn't have the misdirection that the Wildcat has.

The wishbone option is done. Players are too fast and the fullback option, which makes the whole play evolve, isn't successful in the NFL. Players in college now are too fast for the wishbone to work, let alone the NFL. The wishbone doesn't have the misdirection that the Wildcat has.

It was joke...

Assuming the Pat White pick is based on his dual-threat abilities as the center of the Wildcat formation, what does this mean for Ronnie Brown? Personally I think it's great news for him FF-wise. Maybe now he can get back to the more traditional role he had so much success with in '07 before he went down

Mayock says don't be surprised if this guy is the number 1 QB of the future in Miami over Henne. I don't know about that. I am thinking emergency QB , kick returner, wildcat guy & slot receiver. Its like 3 picks in 1.

Isn't Mayock also saying that Tebow will change the way the game is played in the NFL starting in '10?