[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

2010 Chevy Camaro- I absolutely love and want to buy this car!

irish

http://www.flickr.com/photos/10728020@N02/...in/photostream/

http://www.automotivetraveler.com/images/s...t_Camaro_RS.jpg

http://www.flickr.com/photos/keif52/3234994906/sizes/o/

Seems like upper 20's-lower 30's can get you a pretty nice model as well. Most would probably want the V-8 but I'd be just fine with the V-6, 304 HP version. The car has gotten some very nice reviews from car and driver and motor trend, etc. with very few complaints such as bad blind spots (which was to be expected because of the design), and limited room in the back seat (again to be expected). They say wind and road noise are almost non-existent.

I love using this site to build different combinations.

http://www.chevrolet.com/allnewcamaro/?eva...=build-your-own

Thoughts on the car, especially from you car lovers out there...

When I look at the front end of that thing it feels like I'm watching the movie "Cars".

:wacko:

You're 100% right! It does look like one of the cars from that movie.

Of all the efforts to get back to that era This is the only one that nailed it! I don't like the look of the new Camaro at all. JMNSHO.

The Challenger is a nice car as well. I do think I like the Camaro a bit more though. My concerns are definitely the backseat room having two kids (although I rarely have to take them in my car and will usually use the family Jeep when we go places on the weekends)and having to possibly drive it in bad weather (snow) here in Jersey.

I saw a new Challenger while I was driving yesterday. Pretty sweet looking.

I've always loved pony cars (I have an 07 Mustang GT) but I'm not as big of a fan of the new look 2010 Mustang compared to the 04-09 style, specifically the exterior. The interior is a hugh step up, but something about the rear and all the black on the bottom of the car and in the grill bugs me.

I saw a new Challenger while I was driving yesterday. Pretty sweet looking.

I've always loved pony cars (I have an 07 Mustang GT) but I'm not as big of a fan of the new look 2010 Mustang compared to the 04-09 style, specifically the exterior. The interior is a hugh step up, but something about the rear and all the black on the bottom of the car and in the grill bugs me.

That was another complaint about the new Camaro, that the interior uses alot of plastic and may come off looking cheesy to some. I have to check out the link you posted here.

That was another complaint about the new Camaro, that the interior uses alot of plastic and may come off looking cheesy to some. I have to check out the link you posted here.

My Mustang is the same way, but I didn't buy the car for the look of the dashboard or A/C dials, so I could really care less. It's got a V8 and a 6 CD changer, which is all I need.

My Mustang is the same way, but I didn't buy the car for the look of the dashboard or A/C dials, so I could really care less. It's got a V8 and a 6 CD changer, which is all I need.

I hear you. I'm not saying that the material or the styling of the dashboard is what me buying the car hinges on, rather just making a comment on the fact that that was one of the few negatives brought up when I read several reviews. As I stated earlier, I'm more concerned with how this rear-wheel drive sports car will perform in snowy weather and how cramped the backseat will be in the event that I have to transport my two kids somewhere. :wacko:

I hear you. I'm not saying that the material or the styling of the dashboard is what me buying the car hinges on, rather just making a comment on the fact that that was one of the few negatives brought up when I read several reviews. As I stated earlier, I'm more concerned with how this rear-wheel drive sports car will perform in snowy weather and how cramped the backseat will be in the event that I have to transport my two kids somewhere. :wacko:

I live in upstate NY and drive my car year round with the stock tires. I'm usually fine in the heavy snow, since everyone else around me drives insanely slow and I have to follow suit. The traction control warning usually lights up the entire drive home, but I've never had an issue and my car handles extremely well. It's the other people around me that I get worried about. Hardware stores sell sand bags you can stick in your trunk to weigh the back down too, if I ever needed it.

I don't know about the Camaro, but my backseat is TINY and with the way that I sit, my seatback is right up against the bucket seat behind me. I'm a single guy, though, so I've never had to squeeze anyone back there.

Edited by budlitebrad

I live in upstate NY and drive my car year round with the stock tires. I'm usually fine in the heavy snow, since everyone else around me drives insanely slow and I have to follow suit. The traction control warning usually lights up the entire drive home, but I've never had an issue and my car handles extremely well. It's the other people around me that I get worried about. Hardware stores sell sand bags you can stick in your trunk to weigh the back down too, if I ever needed it.

I don't know about the Camaro, but my backseat is TINY and with the way that I sit, my seatback is right up against the bucket seat behind me. I'm a single guy, though, so I've never had to squeeze anyone back there.

Thanks for the info BLB. All I can think about is how my brother had an early 90's mustang and afterward a BMW that were both rear-wheel drive and they used to fish-tail like crazy in just a couple inches of snow. Hell, we used to work together at a local service station about a mile and a half from home and it would take him forever to get there. We haven't gotten much snow around here in years, maybe a couple storms here and there but I just can't bank on that. I feel better hearing that you do alright even further north and that your car is a newer model with upgraded features from what he had years ago.

In regard to the room in the backseat, how tall are you? I'm 6'2" and do need a decent amount of legroom, so the seat would probably be back quite a bit. However, I don't have the kids in the car much as they're usually in the Jeep with mom getting dropped-off in the mornings and picked up in the afternoons. However, I need it to be serviceable in a pinch. I noticed that in the reviews I read that they said the room in the backseat of the Camaro is fine for toddlers. My son is almost 8 and my daughter is almost 5 and both a very tall for their ages.

Played out styling. I've seen it on the new mustang and thought it was cool. I saw it on the new Charger and thought... hmm... ok. This is just overkill though. American car makers struggling to ring a few more dollars out of the car names that haven't sucked in the last 40 years.

Played out styling. I've seen it on the new mustang and thought it was cool. I saw it on the new Charger and thought... hmm... ok. This is just overkill though. American car makers struggling to ring a few more dollars out of the car names that haven't sucked in the last 40 years.

Even so...the reviews have been nothing less than stellar. That's gotta count for something. I think the car looks absolutely amazing!

Edited by irish

In regard to the room in the backseat, how tall are you? I'm 6'2" and do need a decent amount of legroom, so the seat would probably be back quite a bit. However, I don't have the kids in the car much as they're usually in the Jeep with mom getting dropped-off in the mornings and picked up in the afternoons. However, I need it to be serviceable in a pinch. I noticed that in the reviews I read that they said the room in the backseat of the Camaro is fine for toddlers. My son is almost 8 and my daughter is almost 5 and both a very tall for their ages.

I'm 6'3" and I slide the seat pretty much as far back as it can go. I think smaller kids would be fine though.

Edited by budlitebrad

By the way, great video! I loved the little 3 minute report or so they did on each of the three cars. Made me feel even more confident in potentially buying the Camaro. I went to the build your own Chevy Camaro site that I posted in the original post and have created about 10 different versions so far. I'm liking that site a lot! :wacko:

A guy from Jersey wants a Camaro?

Shocking! :wacko:

I have an old Mustang but out of all the cars that were redone I may like look of the Charger the most

:D My wife has already been making fun of me saying that I'm going through a mid-life crisis. I took a look at the Charger a couple years back as I really liked the look of it but I ended up leasing a Maxima because the deal was so incredibly awesome and dealers weren't budging with the stickers on the Chargers because of the buzz about them back then.

Do you like the look of the Camaro?

It doesn't make financial sense to keep a car for less than 10 years putting on 10-15K a year. So, your kids will have to fit in the back seat until they are 15-18 years old. :wacko:

That's definitely an issue, however, I've never kept a car for more than 3 years. Never. I know that's certainly not the most financially intelligent way to do things but it's the way I've always done it. So by the time I'm ready to give this car back, my kids will be 11 and 8. Add to the fact that they will rarely be in it as I'll use it to go back and forth to work.