[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

S&P400 in six months?

muck

LIQUIDATE your 401Ks

And pay all the tax AND the 10% penalty? For anyone who has substantial time left before they retire, it really doesn't matter if the current value of their 401K drops - it just means they'll be able to buy more shares at a lower price which is exactly why lots of people maxed out their contributions early last year at the bottom of the market.

And pay all the tax AND the 10% penalty? For anyone who has substantial time left before they retire, it really doesn't matter if the current value of their 401K drops - it just means they'll be able to buy more shares at a lower price which is exactly why lots of people maxed out their contributions early last year at the bottom of the market.

i think he meant to just sell your stocks. still leave it in the 401, but leave it in cash. commodities not a bad alternative.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Lets-Hope-Th...ml?x=0&.v=1

I believe the looming pension crisis will have a hugh effect on all of us. :wacko: The fed, many state and smaller municipalities have not been fiscally responsible for many years. Eventually, that's going to come to a head and we're all going to feel the pain.

you could lose if youre all cash if we have massive inflation.

im a bear. things dont look good. be nimble. trade, dont buy and hold.

I'm one of the people that thinks we're on the way to "hyper-inflation" as well...Brent as well as a few others here think we're on the way to a massive deflationary period...

either way, it's not looking good whichever way you spill it....

i think he meant to just sell your stocks. still leave it in the 401, but leave it in cash. commodities not a bad alternative.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Lets-Hope-Th...ml?x=0&.v=1

I'm heavy into commodities, but I think wallstreet is playing them because you're seeing way more dips and bouncebacks in gold than prio trends have suggested...

gold is one of the new bubbles that is being played, so while it will go up anyways...it's value will be artificial based on the ETF's....

I'm still weary about that article I posted yesterday with the possibility of the US holding a lot of fake gold.....not to mention that Rothschild said he was getting out of gold in '04....and he was heavily invested in gold...

why would he do that when gold recently went up almost 3x what it was in '04?

.not to mention that Rothschild said he was getting out of gold in '04....and he was heavily invested in gold...

why would he do that when gold recently went up almost 3x what it was in '04?

Because he has as much clue as anyone else, maybe? :wacko:

I'm rolling with this split in my 401K at the moment:

20% FCNTX Fidelity Contra

15% FMAGX Fidelity Magellan

15% FLPSX Fidelity Low Priced Stock

10% FSPTX Fidelity Tech Sector

10% FSDPX Fidelity Materials Sector

10% FSAGX Fidelity Gold Sector

10% FLATX Fidelity Latin America

10% FEMEX Fidelity Emerging Mkts Europe & Africa

:wacko:

not when he has enough money/power to manipulate the value of gold himself...

Well, yes, actually. Why would Rothschild bail out of gold and then it goes up 300% if he's got a clue? Why wouldn't stay in, make a killing and bail at the high point? Answer - because he has no more idea than anyone else.

Well, yes, actually. Why would Rothschild bail out of gold and then it goes up 300% if he's got a clue? Why wouldn't stay in, make a killing and bail at the high point? Answer - because he has no more idea than anyone else.

Actually because he as sense. Anyone that takes the time to look can see that gold is at all-time highs, and that there are better positions to take. Someone mentioned silver above, silver is a much better investment right now than gold is, as gold is over-valued, whereas silver is undervalued. Aside from jewelry the only gold I'm holding right now is one coin, and that is because of sentimental value, not intrinsic value.

Actually because he as sense. Anyone that takes the time to look can see that gold is at all-time highs, and that there are better positions to take. Someone mentioned silver above, silver is a much better investment right now than gold is, as gold is over-valued, whereas silver is undervalued. Aside from jewelry the only gold I'm holding right now is one coin, and that is because of sentimental value, not intrinsic value.

On an inflation adjusted basis, gold is nowhere near its all time high.

The claim was that Rothschild bailed out BEFORE gold tripled in value. How does that show him as a person who knows what he's doing? Just because he's called Rothschild doesn't make him omniscient. In general, Wall Street players have no more idea what's going to happen and behave like sheep. Several WSJ and other financial articles I've read bear this out, including one I read this morning that points out an index fund is the best way to invest due to the market being completely irrational when it comes to valuing stocks and commodities. I also offer as evidence the ridiculous investments in dot com companies that didn't even have a product.

I should clarify, not liquidate but move from equities to cash equivalents that are low yield but much safer. All the rebounding that ocurred over the last 10 months in equities will be lost if you stay in those same investments (IMO). I'm just recommending people to be safe right now then start buying once the market has bottomed. This is the perfect time to wait on the sidelines.

Really? I grew my 401K by 24% this year. More than I have since beginning it.

I respectfully decline your advice at this juncture. We'll see when 10 years is up if your panic was well-founded.

Yeah it grew this year because the market has been in a bear market rally since March 2009 - but do you remember what it did from Fall 2007 until March 2009? It suffered a 50% decline (14,000 down to 7,000). It's good that you made a good chunck of that back in the last 10 months or so, but it's going to drop further. I know you probably won't trust some guy on a message board about this, but you should :wacko:

I can see about $5,000....but under $1,000, wow....I definitely wouldn't rule it out....

but my number is within 5 years and you're talking 10...

Well, time is the hardest thing to predict and my current time frame predicition is also 5 years. It's going to drop significantly regardless and it's better to maintain what you have now and start building again when we hit bottom in the next 5ish years.

Yeah it grew this year because the market has been in a bear market rally since March 2009 - but do you remember what it did from Fall 2007 until March 2009? It suffered a 50% decline (14,000 down to 7,000). It's good that you made a good chunck of that back in the last 10 months or so, but it's going to drop further. I know you probably won't trust some guy on a message board about this, but you should :wacko:

why?

why?

Don't trust me - just look at all the crap that has ocurred the last 2 years. If you take a step back and see what happened and the measures our government took to correct it (massive bailouts) - it's baffling that a firm like GS still showed record profits in 2009 (HUGH RED FLAG, IMO). Does anybody really think it makes sense that the market rallied in the last year after all the poopy that has surfaced? You don't have to know a lick about economics or finance to see the obvious - if you can allow your mind to view what is and not absorb any other ideas or media/government influence.

Gold and silver are getting ready to tank too - so don't jump on that train now that it's too late. Good luck investors, I hope you consider my warnings.

Don't trust me - just look at all the crap that has ocurred the last 2 years. If you take a step back and see what happened and the measures our government took to correct it (massive bailouts) - it's baffling that a firm like GS still showed record profits in 2009 (HUGH RED FLAG, IMO). Does anybody really think it makes sense that the market rallied in the last year after all the poopy that has surfaced? You don't have to know a lick about economics or finance to see the obvious - if you can allow your mind to view what is and not absorb any other ideas or media/government influence.

Gold and silver are getting ready to tank too - so don't jump on that train now that it's too late. Good luck investors, I hope you consider my warnings.

gold is gonna tank....but I think silver is fine....gold has to come down so it's around the value of 15 oz of silver...

I think the fact that they had record profits was because the government helped them out. I don't see that changing anytime soon. The market rallied in part because a lot of people oversold on the way down. This happened for a number of reasons.

Everyone's entitled to their opinion. But you seem awfully sure of yourself for someone who hasn't provided a lot of evidence that you know what you're talking about.

I think the fact that they had record profits was because the government helped them out. I don't see that changing anytime soon. The market rallied in part because a lot of people oversold on the way down. This happened for a number of reasons.

Everyone's entitled to their opinion. But you seem awfully sure of yourself for someone who hasn't provided a lot of evidence that you know what you're talking about.

this was the beginning of the government bailing them out.....there's only so much bailing out that can be done when things continue to get worse...