[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

kid that needs chemo flees with his mom

dmarc117

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090520/ap_on_...us_forced_chemo

if you are an adult and want to kill yourself, by all means do it. just dont ruin my day when you do it. but when a kid is brainwashed by his loony mom, the fuzz need to get involved. imo.

I disagree...

chemo is horrible and flawed as well.....there are less horrific ways to treat cancer that yield as good, or better results than chemo....

I disagree...

chemo is horrible and flawed as well.....there are less horrific ways to treat cancer that yield as good, or better results than chemo....

this may be true. their way isnt working.

Colleen Hauser and her son, Daniel, who has Hodgkin's lymphoma, apparently left their southern Minnesota home sometime after a doctor's appointment and court-ordered X-ray on Monday showed his tumor had grown.

chemo can

fled after refusing the chemotherapy that doctors say could save the boy's life.

i agree chemo is horrible, ive seen it first hand. but its one of the few things we have at the moment.

this may be true. their way isnt working.

chemo can

i agree chemo is horrible, ive seen it first hand. but its one of the few things we have at the moment.

hugh amounts of iron in your diet and consumption of Flaxseeds or even Tian Xian liquid can beat cancer....

radiation is the most brutal option and offers about a 50/50 chance of working........the 1st time that it actually goes away.....

god forbid it came back like it does in a few cases...

hugh amounts of iron in your diet and consumption of Flaxseeds or even Tian Xian liquid can beat cancer....

radiation is the most brutal option and offers about a 50/50 chance of working........the 1st time that it actually goes away.....

god forbid it came back like it does in a few cases...

what are the chances of your solution?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090520/ap_on_...us_forced_chemo

if you are an adult and want to kill yourself, by all means do it. just dont ruin my day when you do it. but when a kid is brainwashed by his loony mom, the fuzz need to get involved. imo.

I agree 100%! This Mom got some bad advice from a scam artist. It's a very unfortunate situation that they have leaned on convicted felons for advice on what to do with their son that has cancer. That kid has a very good chance at survival with Chemo. The Mom has decided to use alternative medicine from a person that belongs in prison. I hope that anybody that has taken advantage of this family's situation goes to prison for murder for a very, very long time.

So, what we are saying is that we are morally obligated to undergo treatment?

Let's take this hypothetical then... I'm in an accident. I am on life support with no chance of recovery. In this situation, I have asked my wife to pull the plug, so to speak. Now, should the unthinkable happen and I find one of my minor children in a similar situation, are you telling me that I have to keep them plugged in to machines and that I am no longer allowed to make decisions for them as the legal guardian?

I am torn on this, as I know there is nothing I wouldn't do for my children, and I also feel though that while it is the place of a doctor to present treatment options, it is up to the patient or in this case the legal guardian to process those options and make a decision they are content with, and it is not the place of the courts to dictate a course of action for treatment. I too have seen the side effects of chemotherapy close up, and I have also seen the full recovery people have made due to undergoing chemotherapy treatment. In the former, it was my wife's stepfather who recently passed. He went through several rounds of chemo. It may have extended his life some, but it took a vicious toll on him. He finally decided that the treatment was not worth it. I can;t say that I disagreed with his decision. My mother in law was diagnosed with breast cancer about 9-10 years ago, went through chemo treatment and has been cancer free ever since.

Not sure where I am going with this, just that I am torn on what is "right" in this sort of situation.

Nothing has a 100% success rate. Chemo isn't a perfect solution, but I have seen it work.

that's not my point....I'm not saying what has a 100% success rate...

I'm saying that alternative means for treating cancer appears to have at least similar success rate as chemo....WITHOUT GOING THROUGH CHEMO...

the worst part about having cancer...is having cancer and the clock seems to be ticking much faster than it already was...

next....is going through chemo...

John Tevlin has written great articles about this story for the Star Tribune.

Here's the latest. link

Read this one and then decide. link

Good info here.

No matter what happens I just hope this boy survives. I'm convinced his parents are well-intended.

So, what we are saying is that we are morally obligated to undergo treatment?

Let's take this hypothetical then... I'm in an accident. I am on life support with no chance of recovery. In this situation, I have asked my wife to pull the plug, so to speak. Now, should the unthinkable happen and I find one of my minor children in a similar situation, are you telling me that I have to keep them plugged in to machines and that I am no longer allowed to make decisions for them as the legal guardian?

I am torn on this, as I know there is nothing I wouldn't do for my children, and I also feel though that while it is the place of a doctor to present treatment options, it is up to the patient or in this case the legal guardian to process those options and make a decision they are content with, and it is not the place of the courts to dictate a course of action for treatment. I too have seen the side effects of chemotherapy close up, and I have also seen the full recovery people have made due to undergoing chemotherapy treatment. In the former, it was my wife's stepfather who recently passed. He went through several rounds of chemo. It may have extended his life some, but it took a vicious toll on him. He finally decided that the treatment was not worth it. I can;t say that I disagreed with his decision. My mother in law was diagnosed with breast cancer about 9-10 years ago, went through chemo treatment and has been cancer free ever since.

Not sure where I am going with this, just that I am torn on what is "right" in this sort of situation.

I'm not torn at all. This court ordered treatment is absolute bogus crap IMO.

She's a parent making decisions for her child. She's not abusing her child in any way. Something has happened and both the mother and the child agree on a course of action.

What the heck is wrong with people that they feel the need for the courts to be butting into people's most personal business and decisions like this. Thank God I don't have kids, because I just couldn't deal with the lunacy that I need the government to tell me how to raise them and how to deal with the course of nature.

She's a parent making decisions for her child. She's not abusing her child in any way. Something has happened and both the mother and the child agree on a course of action.

What the heck is wrong with people that they feel the need for the courts to be butting into people's most personal business and decisions like this. Thank God I don't have kids, because I just couldn't deal with the lunacy that I need the government to tell me how to raise them and how to deal with the course of nature.

Especially when the Mother clearly said she wanted to try the natural way before going to chemo. I understand and agree with that. Then, the liberal courts that must butt in everyone's life and try to run it decided she shouldn't wait. She got scared and fled.

We should be arresting the court system. Pretty much every judge on the planet is a power-hungry idiot. The judicial system has become such a complete wasteland. Everyone talks about how crooked and shady the Executive and Legislative branches are...plenty of crooks, cheats and liars in the Judicial Branch.

Edited by TimC

Especially when the Mother clearly said she wanted to try the natural way before going to chemo. I understand and agree with that. Then, the liberal courts that must butt in everyone's life and try to run it decided she shouldn't wait. She got scared and fled.

We should be arresting the court system. Pretty much every judge on the planet is a power-hungry idiot. The judicial system has become such a complete wasteland. Everyone talks about how crooked and shady the Executive and Legislative branches are...plenty of crooks, cheats and liars in the Judicial Branch.

+1, I'm just glad my kids are healthy and I can still homeschool them. For now...

WAUSAU, Wis. - A mother who lost her 11-year-old daughter to untreated diabetes stared straight ahead and kept her composure Friday when a jury convicted her of killing the girl because she prayed instead of getting medical help.

Four hours earlier, Leilani Neumann, a short, Bible-carrying, one-time coffee shop owner, was called a religious extremist who let the child die in a test of faith. Next, she could face up to 25 years in prison at her sentencing and awaits her husband's trial on the same charge.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/chi-ap-...0,1619116.story

that's not my point....I'm not saying what has a 100% success rate...

I'm saying that alternative means for treating cancer appears to have at least similar success rate as chemo....WITHOUT GOING THROUGH CHEMO...

........and you have evidence of that right? And don't mean anecdotal (eg "well my buddy's aunt's sister ate a ton of flax seed and I heard they said it cured her" etc).

Until then, I would say your post qualifies as bogus hearsay at best and irresponsibly asinine at worst.

PS I am by no means disagreeing that flax seed isn't worth trying (along with many other dietary changes which COULD make a diff) or that chemo is always the answer by any means, but there are MANY instances in which chemo is the best (if not only) treatment for cancer, even though it does generally fall into the "last resort" category. To casually dismiss that in favor of simply eating flax seed is pretty ridiculous.

Oh and speaking of research, might want to do a little into his condition and chemo's success rate w/it.

That all said, there is another issue here: the one of a parent's right to choose a treatment option for their child vs the right of gov't to intervene.

Edited by BeeR