[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I need some schooling

Scooby

do we have any? I know Iran is out of the question, probably Syria too...I remember Pakistan reluctantly letting the US land planes there after 9/11, just so many dynamics, does anyone know which countries have friendly relations with the US to date, leaving out Israel of course???

I ahve an Iranian friend, he says the people like the US, govt doesn't, but they all don't like Arab countries

the one problem with some of those countries is the lack of outside information. they are fed a bunch of crap of how bad we are(some of it true).

I ahve an Iranian friend, he says the people like the US, govt doesn't, but they all don't like Arab countries

Iran's Islamic revolution will eventually collapse under the weight of resistance from young urban people. It will be bloody but it will happen.

do we have any? I know Iran is out of the question, probably Syria too...I remember Pakistan reluctantly letting the US land planes there after 9/11, just so many dynamics, does anyone know which countries have friendly relations with the US to date, leaving out Israel of course???

Depends.

Are you talking about the governments we are friendly with or the people oppressed by the governments we are friendly with?

the one problem with some of those countries is the lack of outside information. they are fed a bunch of crap of how bad we are(some of it true).

and vice versa, right?

Our lack of information would be our couch potatoes getting their news from one source all the time because they believe TV, especially HDTV, doesn't lie.

Edited by WaterMan

and vice versa, right?

Our lack of information would be our couch potatoes getting their news from one source all the time because they believe tv doesn't lie.

i agree our news isnt the best. but are you trying to compare our ability to get outside news vs those countries?

saw an interesting documentary on HBO--Letters to the President, where citizens write letters to Ahmajadine (sp?) asking for help, which no one seems to receive, of course...women's letters can't even be read by the president or any male staffers...and the citizens seem to only proclaim "Death to America" when he's around making his speeches. My guess is he'll probably win today anyways

and vice versa, right?

Our lack of information would be our couch potatoes getting their news from one source all the time because they believe TV, especially HDTV, doesn't lie.

I hear this all the time. Please tell me which unbiased straight reporting source you get your news. I would be happy to learn of such a source. It is a favorite liberal accusation of mine that right wingers get their news from one place. I just wonder where left wingers get their news because whoever they listen to is never biased.

Give them a state!!!!

In the first incident of its kind, a Palestinian family has killed its 15-year-old son in the West Bank after accusing him of "collaboration" with Israel.

The suspects confessed, saying they decided to kill Sawalha because of his alleged connections with the Israeli authorities, PA security sources said.

Hundreds of other suspected collaborators have also been killed by Palestinians over the past few years.

A preliminary investigation launched by PA security forces revealed that Sawalha had been brutally tortured before he was hanged.

http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?cid...icle%2FShowFull

I hear this all the time. Please tell me which unbiased straight reporting source you get your news. I would be happy to learn of such a source. It is a favorite liberal accusation of mine that right wingers get their news from one place.

No single news source.

So you missed the point and turned it into something political.

I'm pointing out how we believe that our news sources always tell the truth and don't slant. Yet when it comes to a source outside of the US, it can never be trusted since we are the best. It's pretty sad seeing everyone watch one news source because the lady is pretty or they tell you what you want to hear.

Edited by WaterMan

No single news source.

So you missed the point and turned it into something political.

I'm pointing out how we believe that our news sources always tell the truth and don't slant. Yet when it comes to a source outside of the US, it can never be trusted since we are the best. It's pretty sad seeing everyone watch one news source because the lady is pretty or they tell you what you want to hear.

Again, what is the ONE news source you refer to? I think the majority of people that have any interest in politics get their news from radio, tv and internet. I those cases you are always getting a slanted view, no matter which side of the fence you sit. That was my point. Unless you are referring to my mother in law who only gets her news from the Today Show. Secondly, where then should we get our news since obviously any US news source is slanted.

Again, what is the ONE news source you refer to? I think the majority of people that have any interest in politics get their news from radio, tv and internet. I those cases you are always getting a slanted view, no matter which side of the fence you sit. That was my point. Unless you are referring to my mother in law who only gets her news from the Today Show. Secondly, where then should we get our news since obviously any US news source is slanted.

I'm not referring to ONE. :wacko:

I'm saying it's bad to only listen/watch/read only one source. Diversify your bonds.