[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Where's the Governor?

Ursa Majoris

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, can't go with you there. That's another reason I hate FDR. There was no political will for getting into that war in this country. So he manufactures it, pushing the Japanese into lashing out by interdicting their oil and natural resources. Then, he knows they're going to attack, and lets thousands of Americans who he's sworn to protect die to manipulate the American people into a war they didn't want? If the evidence is correct, he deserves to burn in the hottest fire of hell for that.

There have been several books on that subject, all of which come to the conclusion that your hypothesis ranks right up there with the moon being made of green cheese. But :tinfoil: away to your heart's content.

"war they didn't want" as if everyone was watching CNN and getting twitter feeds to know what was going on over in Europe.

As ursa said, that's patently simplistic and ignores the history and lessons of the run up to WW1 as well.

There have been several books on that subject, all of which come to the conclusion that your hypothesis ranks right up there with the moon being made of green cheese. But :tinfoil: away to your heart's content.

"war they didn't want" as if everyone was watching CNN and getting twitter feeds to know what was going on over in Europe.

As ursa said, that's patently simplistic and ignores the history and lessons of the run up to WW1 as well.

I said, "if true". Do they not teach reading comprehension in socal? You seem to have a little problem with it. :wacko:

I said, "if true". Do they not teach reading comprehension in socal? You seem to have a little problem with it. :wacko:

Really?

Sorry, can't go with you there. That's another reason I hate FDR. There was no political will for getting into that war in this country. So he manufactures it, pushing the Japanese into lashing out by interdicting their oil and natural resources. Then, he knows they're going to attack, and lets thousands of Americans who he's sworn to protect die to manipulate the American people into a war they didn't want? If the evidence is correct, he deserves to burn in the hottest fire of hell for that.

Hey Mr. Reading Comprehension 101 where is that line you quoted? It isn't there.

And if you want reading comprehension, you stated you hated him then listed the reasons. Your mild qualifier at the end is weak at best and lacks the 'oomph' of "if true."

Artful Dodger. :D

During Sanford's first gubernatorial campaign in 2002, an 8-year-old African-American girl wandered onto a Sanford family property on Lady's Island and drowned. A source close to the governor said she fell into a "retaining pond." Her family's lawyer, Manning Smith, called it a "pit." Other sources claim that Sanford, who owned a hydraulic excavator at the time, digs holes on his property to unwind.

According to a source involved in the settlement, the governor's insurance company paid the girl's family "around $300,000." During Sanford's second run, after rumors began to circulate, local newspapers and the AP looked into the incident, but haven't reported it. South Carolina politicos speculate that if Sanford's national profile increases, The State [a daily newspaper in Columbia, S.C.] will finally run its story. There had been no official comment until Sanford's spokesman, Joel Sawyer, told TAC, "This was a tragic accident, and Governor Sanford did everything he could to do right by the family involved." He declined to elaborate.

Just a normal, everyday dude.

Here's a quote from his security detail.

Last week, Sanford left the governor's mansion and told his security detail to "stand down," said Reggie Lloyd, the director of the State Law Enforcement Division.

"As an adult male, he's free to come and go as he pleases," Lloyd said, explaining that the move was not unusual.

Just a normal, everyday dude.

from one of his emails to his mistress........

Got back an hour ago to civilization and am now in Columbia after what was for me a glorious break from reality down at the farm. No phones ringing and tangible evidence of a day’s labors. Though I have started every day by 6 this morning woke at 4:30, I guess since my body knew it was the last day, and I went out and ran the excavator with lights until the sun came up. To me, and I suspect no one else on earth, there is something wonderful about listening to country music playing in the cab, air conditioner running, the hum of a huge diesel engine in the background, the tranquility that comes with being in a virtual wilderness of trees and marsh, the day breaking and vibrant pink coming alive in the morning clouds — and getting to build something with each scoop of dirt. It is admittedly weird but one of my more favorite ways of escaping the norms, constant phone calls and formalities that go with the office — and it probably fits with my weakness in doing rather than being — though you opened up a new chapter last week wherein I was happy and content just being. Last point worth further discussion. Afternoon projects had me outside and by days (sic) end I pretty much looked like a homeless person ... but in this case a very content one. Enough about my love of heavy equipment and woods at sunrise ...

loony tunes :wacko:

looney = monster :wacko:

and to the point someone is practically jizzing over driving a tractor, yes they are looney.

Are you a chick? Tractors are awesome! There is nothing so primitively satisfying as bending the elements of nature to your will. If you're disputing that then you need to turn in your man-card.

Are you a chick? Tractors are awesome! There is nothing so primitively satisfying as bending the elements of nature to your will. If you're disputing that then you need to turn in your man-card.

i enjoy tractors, yes. all i want is a big yard to drive a riding mower. but i dont write epic poems about the experience.

i enjoy tractors, yes. all i want is a big yard to drive a riding mower. but i dont write epic poems about the experience.

A riding lawn mower? We're talking an excavator, there is a big difference. One of my fondest memories growing up was playing around on a backhoe. Backhoes will pop a wheelie real easy. Backhoes have two break pedals, one for the right, and one for the left. Usually they have a bolt connecting the two. When I was a kid, I'd take the bolt out, pop a wheelie, and push one break. The backhoe would turn circles on its rear wheels. Dad wore my ass out when he saw me doing it, but it was a bunch of fun.

During an emotional interview at his Statehouse office with The Associated Press on Tuesday, Sanford said Chapur is his soul mate but he's trying to fall back in love with his wife.

this will score you points with your estranged wife :wacko: