[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Let's See Those Summer Vacation Plans

Chargerz

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We're just going to Palm Springs for a few days this month

You do know we're running around 110 degrees right now?

It's not going to be cooling off anytime soon but on the plus side the golf courses have some great rates right now.

No problem. I'll play early golf & then hang out by ( and in) the pool.

It's 118 today, but it's DRY heat. :wacko:

It's 118 today, but it's DRY heat. :wacko:

I said we weren't going to be cooling off. I tend to take my vacations this month and next and go to where you are.

My "vacation" is having family come to see me. Oh joy.

I will be staying in Palm Springs for a week, but it's a (mostly) business trip.

Don't know when you're coming, but see above.

September and no choice on the timeframe since it's business related.

Be in San Antonio in a few weeks and it's over 100° as well.

We run high low 100's in beginning of September usually.

Later in September it drops to 90's. Just saying if you're coming in July/August, it's hot.

Heading to Disney, the Polynesian...next week. Going to be hot.

Been there 3 times, but all were in March/April!!! Missing the Chi Hot weather this year??

Yellowstone NP. Leaving tomorrow for 9 days :2cents:

Pay your HOT dues first!!!! :D:D:D It's called priorities! :2cents:

No "Summer Trip". Had to opt out of WCOFF. :2cents:

Going on a 7 day cruise to Canada and New England in late Sept.. Hope to get some photo ops of the fall colors.

Next year I'll really try to do WCOFF. To all of you going............Nasdrovia and the best of luck to yall! I will miss that trip and not seeing yoose guys! :2cents:

EDIT 4:

This weekend we are celebrating my aunt's 75th Jubilee as a Nun! 70+ people coming (I invited Virginia McCaskey (sp) but she declined...YES she knows my aunt well). Great woman! I met her once myself. Along w/ Ed. Most are family members from as far as Hawaii. But too many Packer Fans. :D Party tonite, party tomorrow, and more coming this week. :wacko:

God Bless Sister Annette! :2cents::2cents::2cents:

Edited by rocknrobn26

just got back from a great family week in DC. we truly enjoyed checking out everything the city has to offer. if anyone is heading there, let me know and i can give you some great tips!

I am SO jealous!!! I have never been to DC but will go there some day. When I do, I'll be asking you for advice.

In the meantime....what were the highlights of your trip??

No "Summer Trip". Had to opt out of WCOFF. :wacko:

Next year I'll really try to do WCOFF. To all of you going............Nasdrovia and the best of luck to yall! I will miss that trip and not seeing yoose guys! :D

:D You will be missed!!

Next year I'll really try to do WCOFF. To all of you going............Nasdrovia and the best of luck to yall! I will miss that trip and not seeing yoose guys! :wacko:

Man, who will I sit at the blackjack tables with and lean on for advice? I'll miss ya there, bro!

Other than WCOFF, I'm heading back home(finally!) to Pittsburgh for Thanksgiving to be with da family. Thinking of taking a train up as I've never been on one. As long as that lounge car stays open, I'll be happy.

:wacko: You will be missed!!

Doc:

I will miss everyone who goes there. Too many names to mention, but most of all I will miss you, YOUR beautiful wife (What a great Lady), and Al . :D I truly wish I could do it, but the finances don't work.)

God Bless yall at WCOFF!

Dammit................I truly wish could be there.

Man, who will I sit at the blackjack tables with and lean on for advice? I'll miss ya there, bro!

Other than WCOFF, I'm heading back home(finally!) to Pittsburgh for Thanksgiving to be with da family. Thinking of taking a train up as I've never been on one. As long as that lounge car stays open, I'll be happy.

Jax my very good friend...Al does a good BJ game.

Have fun, enjoy your trip home.

When you ever get back to Chi (Batavia) you have a meal waiting for you. Gots lots of good Scotch also. Yeah Sky...single malts! :wacko:

Just let me know when!

I am SO jealous!!! I have never been to DC but will go there some day. When I do, I'll be asking you for advice.

In the meantime....what were the highlights of your trip??

highlights included:

touring the capitol and our congressman's office. got to see the house of reps in action debating the economy which was very cool. teachable moments for the kids everywhere.

a walking tour investigating the conspiracy to kill lincoln. guide was in full 1800s mode and dress and was playing the role of the actual detective who investigated the crime.

tour of ford's theater and being in the exact spot lincoln was shot.

going to the top of the washington monument to get the full view of the city. if you want to do this, get tickets online prior.

seeing 'night at the museum, battle of the smithsonian' in the IMAX theater at the smithsonian! really brought the museums to life for the kids.

air and space museum is awesome and massive. they had a special 40 year anniversary of the apollo landing exhibit.

going to a nationals game with the boys while the wife went out with a college friend for dinner. i love seeing other ballparks.

there is a free 'dc by foot' walking tour which was great. all the monuments and a great tour guide.

ate at the espnzone twice because the boys loved it.

changing of the guard and kennedy graves at arlington. paying respect to all the soldiers that died for our freedom :wacko:

one thing we did not do that i wanted to do was the bureau of engraving and printing (where they make all the money and print stamps). you really need to get the tickets beforehand online or else you need to be out there at 6 AM waiting for same day tickets (kind of like the washington monument).

we did a ton of walking which was great exercise. of course, there are plenty of bus tours and the metro is great for getting around the city. food is incredibly expensive but was offset by all the museums and monuments being free.

highlights included:

touring the capitol and our congressman's office. got to see the house of reps in action debating the economy which was very cool. teachable moments for the kids everywhere.

a walking tour investigating the conspiracy to kill lincoln. guide was in full 1800s mode and dress and was playing the role of the actual detective who investigated the crime.

going to the top of the washington monument to get the full view of the city. if you want to do this, get tickets online prior.

seeing 'night at the museum, battle of the smithsonian' in the IMAX theater at the smithsonian! really brought the museums to life for the kids.

air and space museum is awesome and massive. they had a special 40 year anniversary of the apollo landing exhibit.

going to a nationals game with the boys while the wife went out with a college friend for dinner. i love seeing other ballparks.

there is a free 'dc by foot' walking tour which was great. all the monuments and a great tour guide.

changing of the guard and kennedy graves at arlington. paying respect to all the soldiers that died for our freedom :D

one thing we did not do that i wanted to do was the bureau of engraving and printing (where they make all the money and print stamps). you really need to get the tickets beforehand online or else you need to be out there at 6 AM waiting for same day tickets (kind of like the washington monument).

we did a ton of walking which was great exercise. of course, there are plenty of bus tours and the metro is great for getting around the city. food is incredibly expensive but was offset by all the museums and monuments being free.

Very cool! :wacko:

Your Ford's Theater and Arlington Cemetery highlights gave me chills. I love that kind of historical stuff!

highlights included:

changing of the guard and kennedy graves at arlington. paying respect to all the soldiers that died for our freedom :D

Unless you know somebody that works there :wacko: And we haven't printed stamps for about 10 years, just paper money

Edited by T_bone65

We are going to an amusement park in PA Knoebels. My vacation is 8/10-8/16. In typical whomper family fashion we decided on this place this weekend and booked it today.