[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

State of America's Team

DMD

Dallas Cowboys  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Will Tony Romo fall this year?

• Nope, even without Owens he'll remain elite
    • Will drop some but still be worth a QB1
    • Will drop from top 12
  2. 2. Can Roy Williams be the next Terrell Owens?

• Definite WR1 value this year
    • Better, but nothing more than a WR2
    • I am sure someone else will always take him before me

If I am wrong then disregard this post but arent these threads viewed from a fantasy aspect ? If so Romo's inability to win big games doesnt negate the fact that he is an elite fantasy QB.

You are correct, this is a thread about fantasy production, so some of my comments are off topic.

That being said, I guess the definition of elite comes into question. When I think of elite, I think of players that dominate their position. ADP, LT2 of a couple years ago, Manning's production in 2004-2006, Brady in 2007, Brees, Moss, Fitz, etc...you know, guys in the very top tier of their position.

I don't consider a QB who ranks between 5th & 8th (depending on scoring) in ppg "elite". Factor in that the player in question becomes a fantasy negative during the most important time of the season (see his brutal performance in December games), and he is a guy that I absolutely do not want on my team ahead of similar QBs with similar stats.

So no, in my evaluation, Romo is not a fantasy "elite" QB.

Then from a fantasy perspective Dallas isn't americas team either.

New Orleans probably is. Who was the highest scoring NFL team last year? Did anyone beat the Saints?

Calling Dallas Americas team is just like baiting the hook when it comes to you :wacko:

Considering the time missed and he still was in the top 10 ... Romo is close.

He wasn't in the top-10 in many/any leagues for points scored. DMD mentioned he was #5 in ppg (#8 in one of my leagues), which is really the metric to use when measuring against other QBs.

That, and how well he performs when the FFL season means the most.

Rhomo dumped T.O. and Jessica, has his BFF Witten as his top target and a really nice and likable player's coach in Wade Phillips, the golf game is looking solid, the dimples....there rarely seems to be a storm cloud in his world, but certainly now the path is cleared of distractions.

But for me, the jury is out on whether you can acquire or develop a gamer's mentality. You either love the game or you don't, not everyone is born a Peyton. This and recent history is why I would think hard about the prospect of owning him in December.

And, ahem......

Sun, Dec 6 @ New York Giants (FOX) 3:15 PM

Sun, Dec 13 SAN DIEGO (CBS) 3:15 PM

Sat, Dec 19 @ New Orleans (NFLN, TXA 21) 7:15 PM

Sun, Dec 27 @ Washington (NBC) 7:15 PM

Sun, Jan 3 PHILADELPHIA (FOX) NOON

You are correct, this is a thread about fantasy production, so some of my comments are off topic.

That being said, I guess the definition of elite comes into question. When I think of elite, I think of players that dominate their position. ADP, LT2 of a couple years ago, Manning's production in 2004-2006, Brady in 2007, Brees, Moss, Fitz, etc...you know, guys in the very top tier of their position.

I don't consider a QB who ranks between 5th & 8th (depending on scoring) in ppg "elite". Factor in that the player in question becomes a fantasy negative during the most important time of the season (see his brutal performance in December games), and he is a guy that I absolutely do not want on my team ahead of similar QBs with similar stats.

So no, in my evaluation, Romo is not a fantasy "elite" QB.

All that hatred's gonna eat you up son.

Chris Cooley has a message for uptight Cowboys fans

Tim MacMahon of the Dallas Morning News reports some Cowboys fans apparently got their silver-and-blue britches in a bunch about Redskins TE Chris Cooley's videos that mocked Jason Witten and Tony Romo.

Cooley has responded on his blog. After writing that Witten is not a superior player, Cooley had this to say to you folks:

If you're a Cowboys fan don't try to make a point by asking when the last time the Skins won the Super Bowl. Instead ask yourself when the last time Dallas won a playoff game. If you don't like the content on our website, simply don't read it. Calling me a oil and vinegar and an idiot does not hurt my feelings and neither do fabricated stories. All you do when you comment garbage is offend normal fans and readers. And seriously, the videos are just for fun. I'm not trying to hurt anyone's feeling or improve my on field image. If you watched the video then take it with a grain of salt, maybe even laugh. All I'm trying to do is provide people with a couple minutes of entertainment. Believe it or not, Wit Dog and I are actually friends. I'm sure he was not offended.

Chris Cooley has a message for uptight Cowboys fans

Tim MacMahon of the Dallas Morning News reports some Cowboys fans apparently got their silver-and-blue britches in a bunch about Redskins TE Chris Cooley's videos that mocked Jason Witten and Tony Romo.

Cooley has responded on his blog. After writing that Witten is not a superior player, Cooley had this to say to you folks:

If you're a Cowboys fan don't try to make a point by asking when the last time the Skins won the Super Bowl. Instead ask yourself when the last time Dallas won a playoff game. If you don't like the content on our website, simply don't read it. Calling me a oil and vinegar and an idiot does not hurt my feelings and neither do fabricated stories. All you do when you comment garbage is offend normal fans and readers. And seriously, the videos are just for fun. I'm not trying to hurt anyone's feeling or improve my on field image. If you watched the video then take it with a grain of salt, maybe even laugh. All I'm trying to do is provide people with a couple minutes of entertainment. Believe it or not, Wit Dog and I are actually friends. I'm sure he was not offended.

He'd need to catch a couple TD's to do that, no? :wacko:

Rhomo dumped T.O. and Jessica, has his BFF Witten as his top target and a really nice and likable player's coach in Wade Phillips, the golf game is looking solid, the dimples....there rarely seems to be a storm cloud in his world, but certainly now the path is cleared of distractions.

But for me, the jury is out on whether you can acquire or develop a gamer's mentality. You either love the game or you don't, not everyone is born a Peyton. This and recent history is why I would think hard about the prospect of owning him in December.

And, ahem......

Sun, Dec 6 @ New York Giants (FOX) 3:15 PM

Sun, Dec 13 SAN DIEGO (CBS) 3:15 PM

Sat, Dec 19 @ New Orleans (NFLN, TXA 21) 7:15 PM

Sun, Dec 27 @ Washington (NBC) 7:15 PM

Sun, Jan 3 PHILADELPHIA (FOX) NOON

because he's incredibly handsome & the dimples I say he's an elite QB!! lol!