[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Will everyone be a salesperson by 2018?

SteelBunz

Four young kids knocked on my door yesterday afternoon.....dogs went nuts. The three older kids (maybe 10 or 11) saw the dogs and practically flew back down the driveway.....lol. :D

But the youngest (I'd guess about 8) stood his ground. Brave kid. Then asked if we'd like to buy some candy.

No mention of anything the proceeds might be for.....just..".Wanna buy some candy?" I was pretty sure it wasn't for "band camp" at that point.

I smiled and told him, "No thank you hun.....we're really not interested." By that time, the other boys had made their way back up to the door and all of a sudden the exchange turned into a hard sell the likes of which Billy Mays would be proud of.

"It's only a dollar!" No thanks...we're on diets in this household.

"We have DIET candy!" Oh come on....you do not. :wacko:

"Yes we do! Yes we do! Twizzlers are diet candy!" :2cents: I thought that was a good one.....way to think on your feet, kid.

Then the coup de grace......

"It'll make you YOUNGER!!" :D I think he knew he'd gone just a little too far at that point. :D

Carney peddlers in the making...that bunch. I just shook my head chuckling as I closed the door.

MrBunz and I laughed about that all afternoon. Younger? :D

:D

Last weekend, I was waiting for a red light out of the subdivision when 4 yonngsters began knocking at all the cars asking for "donations" to who knows what? :wacko: Glad to get out of there when the light finally turned green.

As per the headling, that better not be true as i absolutely can't sell anything.

Whether you are a "sales professional" per se or not, we ALL sell. We sell ourselves every single day. To our boss, colleagues, spouse, girlfriends, people we want to impress, people we simply run into.

Good for the kids though...at least they were doing something potentially productive as opposed to something destructive.

Whether you are a "sales professional" per se or not, we ALL sell. We sell ourselves every single day. To our boss, colleagues, spouse, girlfriends, people we want to impress, people we simply run into.

Good for the kids though...at least they were doing something potentially productive as opposed to something destructive.

I hear ya Wolf....and in theory, that is true.

But I can now understand why my parents hated when the schools turned us out to peddle everything from raffle tickets or candy to magazine subscriptions and holiday cards, etc...to somehow subsidize whatever was in need of funding at the school.

And in this case, I doubt very much they were doing it "for school." :wacko:

When he said it will make you younger he was actually quoting a line from Sponge bob when he and Patrick became chocolate salesmen :wacko:

When he said it will make you younger he was actually quoting a line from Sponge bob when he and Patrick became chocolate salesmen :wacko:

OMG.....really? I used to watch SpongeBob once in a while.......lmao.

OK......now that's even funnier! :D

File under: spends too much time at The Huddle.

I had a dream related to this last night. Two black kids show up to my door selling candy and I tell them "no thanks", and they begin to give me the same schpiel, and I said something like "yeah, I've heard that before". One of the kids looks buff :wacko: so I ask them if they're trying to raise money for football camp or something, and they start piling into my house and eating my food. :D

File under: spends too much time at The Huddle.

I had a dream related to this last night. Two black kids show up to my door selling candy and I tell them "no thanks", and they begin to give me the same schpiel, and I said something like "yeah, I've heard that before". One of the kids looks buff :wacko: so I ask them if they're trying to raise money for football camp or something, and they start piling into my house and eating my food. :D

File this under "I don't believe Ida told that!"

spoken like a salesman. :wacko:

in any case, I came across this article this morning and it made me think of this thread.

Reporting from New York — Two teachers on their lunch break scanned a refrigerated shelf inside a Manhattan coffee shop lined with drink bottles: Naked Juice, Perrier, Smartwater, New York City tap water.

"Tap water?" said Alison Szeli, 26, picking up the clear plastic bottle with orange letters: "Tap'd NY. Purified New York City tap water."

Szeli and her co-worker went for tap, carrying the bottles to the cash register.

"It's cheaper," Szeli said. "Water is all the same anyway. I just prefer to buy my own water in bottles."

A few feet away, a scruffy-haired 29-year-old in jeans and a striped shirt delivered a shipment of Tap'd NY out of a rented Scion. Craig Zucker, founder of Tap'd NY, stopped unloading long enough to notice the two customers buying his brand. He smiled.

In the five months since he started the company, he has proven his hunch: People are willing to pay for New York City tap water, and not just in monthly utility bills.

"It doesn't require energy or pumping," Zucker said, "and it's so pure and clean."